Media Day Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Media Day Thread

C

Chief00

Hurley getting a little too casual calling the players out on their subpar entrances

I love the way he pushes buttons. I also like how he had a meeting the day after First Night and made things real.

Reaction Score
As a BYer who admittedly stayed on the KO train as long as I possibly could I am really excited to see the brand of basketball they play from Day 1 under Mr Hurley. Last year after watching the debacle the prior year I was looking forward to the beginning of the season but also was hesitant on believing anything would improve. At UConn since JC came the fall air and the calendar hitting October made you smile, mens hoops is here and something good is going to happen. Just how good we didn't know, but there was going to be excitement. Hasn't been the same for a couple years and even though the talent is not what JC had when those seasons opened, the thought of the team playing their hearts out leaving it all on the floor again brings me excitement to watch the new chapter of Husky basketball. Danny's intense and even now on the interviews he's not getting all excited, that's who he is and that's what we need for now. There's another guy in him which we won't see "until we win", he basically said that in an interview. For now he wants to see what they are practicing laid out on the floor after the first tip and it will be interesting as to who buys in, how his rotations will be, does he have a JC hook or is he patient with kids etc etc..

Should be a fun season, is something good going to happen?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The Kobe32 meme is as good as its going to get in this po-dunk conference so I figure I may as well milk it for all its worth.

It could be worse you know, you could've been born a UVA fan. Although, I guess they only have to win 1 game to get off the schnide, your boys have to double that. It's going to happen someday for Mick, maybe even while he's coaching at Cinci!
At least we didn't lose in the second round as a 1 seed. #XuckFavier

Reaction Score
From the Courant Article on Media Day --

Hurley doesn’t really have “isms,” but he delivered a defining line when moderator Andy Katz asked what a player has to do to be successful on his team. Hurley: “They have to love the game the way I love the game, obsess over the game the way I obsess over the game.”

I love this. Few people become great at anything without an obsessive commitment to becoming great at it. Most people don't have the personality for it. All indications are that Hurley does . . .

Reaction Score
Chief isn’t thrilled about 5 guards being on the First AAC team. As a conference, we need to recruit more good Bigs and respect the dirty work they do.

Honestly I was thinking about this today. This conference is a wasteland of bigs. If Fall is injured or can't give a lot of minutes, the next best non-UConn big (not guard/hybrid wing) in the conference is... DaQuan Jeffries? Samir Sehic? AJ Davis? Juco Tre Scott? Martins Igbanu? Ethan Chargois? Ernest Aflakpui? Chad Brown? The other Diarra?

Nobody is going to be able to punish our bigs on our defensive side of the court at least.

Reaction Score
Honestly I was thinking about this today. This conference is a wasteland of bigs. If Fall is injured or can't give a lot of minutes, the next best non-UConn big (not guard/hybrid wing) in the conference is... DaQuan Jeffries? Samir Sehic? AJ Davis? Juco Tre Scott? Martins Igbanu? Ethan Chargois? Ernest Aflakpui? Chad Brown? The other Diarra?

Nobody is going to be able to punish our bigs on our defensive side of the court at least.

Yup. Great for us.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

This is why I believe an in-shape Cobb could provide a lot more value than some might think.

Reaction Score
As a BYer who admittedly stayed on the KO train as long as I possibly could I am really excited to see the brand of basketball they play from Day 1 under Mr Hurley. Last year after watching the debacle the prior year I was looking forward to the beginning of the season but also was hesitant on believing anything would improve. At UConn since JC came the fall air and the calendar hitting October made you smile, mens hoops is here and something good is going to happen. Just how good we didn't know, but there was going to be excitement. Hasn't been the same for a couple years and even though the talent is not what JC had when those seasons opened, the thought of the team playing their hearts out leaving it all on the floor again brings me excitement to watch the new chapter of Husky basketball. Danny's intense and even now on the interviews he's not getting all excited, that's who he is and that's what we need for now. There's another guy in him which we won't see "until we win", he basically said that in an interview. For now he wants to see what they are practicing laid out on the floor after the first tip and it will be interesting as to who buys in, how his rotations will be, does he have a JC hook or is he patient with kids etc etc..

Should be a fun season, is something good going to happen?
Sure took you a while Mau, but it’s nice to have the board united again and all looking forward to a product we can recognize and get behind again.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Hurley picked Brendan Adams as the player most likely to surprise fans this year. If that's true we will have one hell of a deep backcourt.

I liked the questions this interviewer asked in this and the Jalen interview. Which Boneyarder is This Guy?

Interesting that Coach believes Tarin currently is the best facilitator/vocal player on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom