Media Day Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Media Day Thread

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The best thing going for UCF's chances to get to the Sweet 16 is the fact that Cincinnati isn't written on their chests.
1539632167331.gif

Reaction Score
The only AAC teams that can be trusted to perform well in the big dance are UConn and Wichita.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Re UCF #1/ Yeah, I get it, Taylor is good, and Tacko is tall.
But is this the year that Fall is going to discover that his knees and elbows actually bend? Never seen anyone pay so stiff since Manute.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If it is Fudgie confirmed obviously that crossover isnt street legal.

Remember how much that imbecile used to melt down about Smiths dribble being illegal every time he touched the ball?
He singled out Smith’s dribbling and felt it was illegal.

I responded to a poster who jokingly wanted to call Sid a Crossover in response to my request not to give Sid a vehicle name. I felt it was a good opportunity to take a shot at Fudge Pecker.

Reaction Score
^ yes. no need to call him out by name in an event like this when he's pretty much ran him over in every other presser (intensity, shot selection, personnel, etc)

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
rude
The Kobe32 meme is as good as its going to get in this po-dunk conference so I figure I may as well milk it for all its worth.

It could be worse you know, you could've been born a UVA fan. Although, I guess they only have to win 1 game to get off the schnide, your boys have to double that. It's going to happen someday for Mick, maybe even while he's coaching at Cinci!

Reaction Score
If it is Fudgie confirmed obviously that crossover isnt street legal.

Remember how much that imbecile used to melt down about Smiths dribble being illegal every time he touched the ball?
Yeah, had the opportunity to throw him onto the wrong subway after BE tourney. He asked me and my husband if he was waiting for the right subway. I asked him if Smitty's dribble was illegal why did the refs never call it. He started talking to me like I was a 5 yo and demonstrating what was wrong with the dribble. Should have sent him to the most dangerous section of the city. Still regret that we helped him.

Reaction Score
Yeah, had the opportunity to throw him onto the wrong subway after BE tourney. He asked me and my husband if he was waiting for the right subway. I asked him if Smitty's dribble was illegal why did the refs never call it. He started talking to me like I was a 5 yo and demonstrating what was wrong with the dribble. Should have sent him to the most dangerous section of the city. Still regret that we helped him.

Typical Kathy behavior.

Reaction Score

Again names all 5 guards in that video. Says if they can get some good frontcourt play they can surprise people.

Reaction Score

Hurley picked Brendan Adams as the player most likely to surprise fans this year. If that's true we will have one hell of a deep backcourt.

So impressive.
Danny Hurley has grabbed ahold of this program and is truly the architect of our resurgence. Everything he says just rings with determination and the desire to achieve; for his players, the program, and himself.

UConn Rising. Bleed Blue!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
So impressive.
Danny Hurley has grabbed ahold of this program and is truly the architect of our resurgence. Everything he says just rings with determination and the desire to achieve; for his players, the program, and himself.

UConn Rising. Bleed Blue!
I cannot wait to see where this program is in 2-3 years, if we keep the recruiting momentum going.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Also, no hate for UCF. I respect their program.
But this team is so overrated. Sweet 16 caliber? You must be joking.
I guess someone has to win this conference... but I'd 100% bet the field over UCF.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Okay, I'll just say it. Coach Hurley bores the heck out of me. That monotone delivery just kills me. I like him. I'm glad he's our coach. I think he's going to be great for us, but give me Calhoun's accented staccato delivery any day of week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Hurley picked Brendan Adams as the player most likely to surprise fans this year. If that's true we will have one hell of a deep backcourt.

Hurley getting a little too casual calling the players out on their subpar entrances

C

Chief00

FIRST TEAM
Jalen Adams (unanimous)
Jarron Cumberland
Jeremiah Martin
Quinton Rose
B.J. Taylor

Chief isn’t thrilled about 5 guards being on the First AAC team. As a conference, we need to recruit more good Bigs and respect the dirty work they do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom