Meadors fired? | The Boneyard

Meadors fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
And I had no inside knowledge earlier when commenting. I was just noting that Meadors has a history, so this one might not be on Angel. I also just saw another tweet that Fred Williams has been announced as the new Atlanta Dream coach.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And I had no inside knowledge earlier when commenting. I was just noting that Meadors has a history, so this one might not be on Angel. I also just saw another tweet that Fred Williams has been announced as the new Atlanta Dream coach.

History of what?

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
History of what?

History of not getting along with players, but nothing concrete on the whats and whys. Could be a rumor, but typically, where there's smoke there's fire. In this case, fire is the operative word.

Reaction Score
History of what?

==========================================
COMPLETELY unrelated, but for some reason this struck me as a Golden Girls-type moment ...

Rose: "History of what?"
Dorothy: "Of diabetes!"

:)

(of course the context would've been obvious to everyone except Rose, and it wasnt here, but still reminded me of that)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
COMPLETELY unrelated, but for some reason this struck me as a Golden Girls-type moment ...

Rose: "History of what?"
Dorothy: "Of diabetes!"

:)

(of course the context would've been obvious to everyone except Rose, and it wasnt here, but still reminded me of that)

I was at a loss for words after reading the first reply to my question, and now I'm just at a loss. Maybe wikipedia will answer my question.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Wikipedia has her fired as of today.
That was quick. As an aside, that picture (on the Wikipedia page) was taken at the announcement of the US team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well bummer for her, but maybe it will be best for the team. When your super star is supremely unhappy, it does not bode well for the future, especially if her contract is up at the end of this year and she becomes some kind of free agent.

i'm not taking sides, per se, but the reality is coaches (IMHO) are easier to come by than players of Angel's caliber... Then again, if i were to say "good coaches", my statement might be incorrect...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The general consensus was that Carol Ross was the brains behind Atlanta's success the past two years (consecutive appearances in the WNBA finals). Once Ross took over as head coach of the Los Angeles Sparks, the writing was on the wall.

Coincidentally ... or not-so-coincidentally .... Angel was close with Ross.

Reaction Score
Voepel seems to have a similar take as Geno ...

Mechelle Voepel@MechelleV
Well, something had to give in Atlanta: Decision was made to fire the head coach. At least we know who's really in charge now w/ Dream.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not the first time inmates end up running the asylum in pro sports, but ... this is a very heavy load to lay all on Angel's back without a little bit more information. I was interested in some of the other comments re previous issues with other players in the past (posted on one of the other threads.)
And I am not sure I have ever seen this happen with a coach/GM which makes it a little stranger. Of course there aren't that many coach/GMs except in other pro sports.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Report from Atlanta....

"It was during that game that it was reported that McCoughtry was stripped of her captaincy by the team and she came off the bench with rookie Tiffany Hayes taking her place in the starting lineup."

LINK

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
hmmmmmm......

I'm thinking there is more to this story. And like everything else it will eventually come out....

Reaction Score
Whatever the upshot, I think it's fair to say that "rookie Tiffany Hayes" made the most of the opportunities this situation afforded her.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I think Geno might have the inside track, as he just coached with her. He must know something. And if this is true...I'm so over Angel. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom