MD Postgame Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

MD Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nice recap especially with the scheduling thoughts. I don't think we believed we would be playing this many bench players in Dec.

During this game we also had to play too many minutes per player, so most were exhausted in the 4th period. Caroline was especially tried causing her to hurry and trap herself against the sidelines much too much with rushed passes. She needs to slow down if she can. Good to see her more effective underneath and with nice cuts that often went unrewarded. Our team passing is late. We often had a lack of speed and court sense, just out of sync.
Basically the first time this starting five ever played a game together and the two on the bench one was a freshman and the other has a calf issue, I would expect them to be a little out of sync.

Reaction Score
I am a fan who believes 1000% in the UCONN program and team. Probably one of a few who last year thought we could beat SC in the Championship game....But going into this game, with the number of people we were down, including three starters.... I was praying that we could escape by losing less than 20. I have wholeheartedly surprised and amazed by what I saw today. A game where they were down by single digits, on the road, and with three players playing today (Ines, Amari, and Annaya) who really have seen limited minutes. The fact we played the close makes me feel 1000% better if we were to play three months from now with all our players back. This team when healthy is going to be a beast and people should be worried to face them. I was disappointed in Brenda talking about how both teams are down on manpower. Her team should have won by twice the amount they won by. I remember last year thinking, all the teams who beat up on UCONN and celebrate like they did something amazing better not see this team in March/April, because it will be very different then.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
She spoke on her team having injuries and being undersized. I don't see how any of that gets someone butthurt. Just seems like a stretch

What she said was BOTH teams have injuries. When you make that statement the inference is they had it just as tough as we did. Why even say that? But hey, it's really OK. The next time we play you can be sure this game will be remembered very well by those who could and couldn't play.

Reaction Score
You were replying to a comment on the players probable perspective, not on that of the HOF coach. And for what is worth, it is entirely possible to be proud of the teams effort and performance while imagining that they themselves are disappointed. That's exactly how I feel.
Thanks for telling me what I was doing. Now let me tell you what I was doing; the same thing you said in the bold above though I didn't feel I had to express my opniion. I just wanted to ask. . But I asked Littleman if any of his posts represented what you just said. Read his posts on this thread (Do they represent he was also proud? He was proud of the team the last game.). I remembered what he said lats game and gave him a like. I wanted his thoughts. I "ask" rather than read minds. :)

. All I did was ask him a question. It wasn't about "players probable perapective." If I wanted that I would have mentioned it. My question was directed to Liitleman and his posts and if he felt as you and I do that you can be proud while being disappointed. No more. No less. It doesn't seem like he is.

Reaction Score
What she said was BOTH teams have injuries. When you make that statement the inference is they had it just as tough as we did. Why even say that? But hey, it's really OK. The next time we play you can be sure this game will be remembered very well by those who could and couldn't play.

It's a factual statement lol. Should she have said we both have injuries but their injured players are better ? What coach would even come across like that. I wouldn't want to lace my shoes up for her ever again.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It is my opinion, foolish though it may be, The 4 UConn players injured could have played this Maryland team 4 on 5 and won. Not impressed with Maryland at all. I had to laugh at Sellers complaining about the under cut call and a few seconds later was called for undercutting herself. She also is the worst kind of flopper, one who laughs about it afterwards.

Reaction Score

This is exactly what I saw, it was a couple of poor decisions that did us in. But I really don’t think I’ve ever been this proud of any of our teams after losing. Next year when everyone is available LOOK OUT! Arguably his best team yet.

Reaction Score
With regard to the tweet that is posted after #156, Brenda will always remember this win against the greatest coach in the game and the final score:

UConn 78 Maryland 85*

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
if he felt as you and I do that you can be proud while being disappointed.
Maybe a bit of a knee jerk response from me. Apologies. For the record though, I am not disappointed in anybody; I don't have any right to be. These players don't owe me anything. I only imagine, based on my own experiences, that they are disappointed in themselves.

Reaction Score
Edwards has not taken out a single player. Her involvement is purely coincidental and was only because opposing players were playing aggressively and Aaliyah was doing what she was supposed to be doing—trying to make a basketball play.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
This is exactly what I saw, it was a couple of poor decisions that did us in. But I really don’t think I’ve ever been this proud of any of our teams after losing. Next year when everyone is available LOOK OUT! Arguably his best team yet.
Every goal they've had for this season remains in play and achievable: BE conf and tourney titles and the natty. Geno told us weeks ago that they weren't going undefeated.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Anybody that thinks those players aren't sitting in the locker room thinking they let one get away, has never played a sport.
We fans weren’t in the locker room and we didn’t play. We fans didn’t expect the team we cheer for to be within 15 or so points in this game but the Huskies, surprisingly, had a chance late

The athletes are probably disappointed; we fans are thrilled and proud of how they played. Anyone who expects the fans to “feel one got away” is doomed to disappointment if they think we should be in agreement

Reaction Score
It is my opinion, foolish though it may be, The 4 UConn players injured could have played this Maryland team 4 on 5 and won. Not impressed with Maryland at all. I had to laugh at Sellers complaining about the under cut call and a few seconds later was called for undercutting herself. She also is the worst kind of flopper, one who laughs about it afterwards.
The flops bothered me because there were multiple times where they resulted in players falling over her or other Maryland players that flopped. That’s not just unsportsmanlike, but also dangerous. There needs to be an emphasis on calling flops. I’m not sure if they’re called technicals or flagrants or whatever else, but they need to be cleaned up because so many teams do this, coaches teach to do it, and then it just raises the likelihood that players get hurt or games get decided by bogus calls (early on or late in the game).

Reaction Score
I am a fan who believes 1000% in the UCONN program and team. Probably one of a few who last year thought we could beat SC in the Championship game....But going into this game, with the number of people we were down, including three starters.... I was praying that we could escape by losing less than 20. I have wholeheartedly surprised and amazed by what I saw today. A game where they were down by single digits, on the road, and with three players playing today (Ines, Amari, and Annaya) who really have seen limited minutes. The fact we played the close makes me feel 1000% better if we were to play three months from now with all our players back. This team when healthy is going to be a beast and people should be worried to face them. I was disappointed in Brenda talking about how both teams are down on manpower. Her team should have won by twice the amount they won by. I remember last year thinking, all the teams who beat up on UCONN and celebrate like they did something amazing better not see this team in March/April, because it will be very different then.
If we get ( and keep) healthy, and have all of February to play together, we can become a monster. We can" payback" certain people who mis-treated us in December. Frankly, it has to be a good thing that Geno is being forced to use Ines and DeBerry. Not to mention more Patterson.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
They did get consecutive jump balls. We took the ball out at the end of the half and quarter to flip the arrow back.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The athletes are probably disappointed (I said this); we fans are thrilled and proud of how they played (I agree with this). Anyone who expects the fans to “feel one got away” is doomed to disappointment if they think we should be in agreement (said nothing like this anywhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom