McDonalds All-American Girls HS Game 3/29 ESPN2 5:00-6:30 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

McDonalds All-American Girls HS Game 3/29 ESPN2 5:00-6:30

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rellah Boothe says she'll average 20 and 10 or something like that. She's confident. She looks like a shorter, beefier Jordan Holmes. OMG! They will be on the floor together.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just watched the first half. A few positives:

Chasity Patterson hit several shots, inside and out.

Chennedy Carter had a nice scoop shot and steal for a layup.

Mikayla had a good assist and a nice steal.

Meg's shot was off, but she stayed on defense well. The pull-up jumper looked good on her make.

Reaction Score
The State of Texas had some great player's
Carter - AM
Morris - Baylor
Patterson - Texas
Williams - Duke
I love R. Boothe game.
I think she hit 4- 3 pointer's.J.Holmes and Boothe on the floor at the same time,is going to be a treat next year.
I betcha K.Aston is happy.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I also think Gabby, KLS, Napheesa, Kia and Crystal Dangerfield on the court together next season will be a treat! 2 seniors and 2 juniors with big game experience and a sophomore point coming into her own. Watch out WCBB!
It's the system folks. I don't care who the other teams put on the court!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just watched the 3rd Q. Meg had some nice moves and converted 3 times. She had a drive into the lane with a more-or-less jump hook, a post-up with the same shot, and a full-speed layup off a nice feed from Mikayla after the latter nabbed a steal. I agree with the assessment that MC plays hard and plays defense.

Dan Olson was interviewed. He said Meg is the clear-cut #1, there are lots of good guards and wings in 2017, and some top tier posts and PFs in 2018.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like the Texas kids, Patterson and Boothe. Rellah has 3-point range, a big body, and strength. She has attitude, so if she channels it properly, she'll do well.

I'm happy with our kids. Mikayla is athletic and intense. Meg is smart and multi-talented.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wish they would have gone with the college 10 minutes quarters instead of the HS 8 minute quarters. With 12 girls per team, it's hard to get every one some minutes. An extra 8 would have helped.

Patterson looked good. Nice shot, quick, aggressive, handed out 6 assists.
Boothe plays a bit out of control, but with her size and range, she should do well next year. Texas is putting together a lot of talent down there.
TN recruits looked decent. We'll have to see what Holly can do with them.

Really liked Kakala. She looks like she might be able to help Louisville in the post.

Coombs showed off her athleticism a couple times. Team players usually get kinda lost in games like this.
What I really liked about Walker was she wanted the ball at the end of the game. Didn't shy away from the responsibility of being the #1 player.

People also need to remember, most these girls 1) haven't played in a couple of weeks (this is the beginning of their down time/off season) and 2) they haven't played with each other (like 1-2 practices to form some semblance of offense and no semblance of defense).

This did not look like an overly great class. Which has been part of TN's problem in recent years. They get a good recruiting class, when the overall class is not that great. UCONN usually does the opposite.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I remember watching Saniya in the WBCA game in 2013. She came in off the bench and didn't do anything spectacular, but seemed to play smart. I think she had a couple of assists or certainly nice passes that should have led to assists. She had 4 points or fewer, but looked as if she belonged.

Other things I recall: Kaela Davis looked better than Diamond. Tyler Scaife made some nice plays. Kelsey Plum came in off the bench and hit some shots. No surprise there! No big could do much on offense, as almost all interior shots were contested and missed.

Reaction Score
Walker maybe a little burnt out from her long season....did not or just doesn't run very well. Looks dominant once she gets the ball in her hands....more half court style. She gonna struggle next year with her conditioning. Coombs looks like a good pickup. Reminds me of Renee Montgomery. Looks like she just needs an outside shot and strength, everything else looks to be in place. The Texas girls definitely look really good, but I've seen this movie before. Nothing in this game usually means anything in regards to each players career success.

Reaction Score
Kenny Kallina didn't hold back his feeling on Twitter on how they snubbed LaDazhia Williams from making a roster. I tend to agree, watching most of these girls throughout their HS and AAU career I would say she's better then the majority of the posts/ Forwards that played. Williams is certainly better then Janelle Bailey, Ayanna Clark, Loretta Kakala, Kasi Kushkituah, and Jade Williams. I've made those evaluations prior to her even committing to SC. She didn't play on the EYBL circuit like the other players so that's maybe why she isn't rated as high but I can assure you one thing she's a gamer and will have everyone else in the nation on notice as soon as next year.

Reaction Score
Rellah Boothe says she'll average 20 and 10 or something like that. She's confident. She looks like a shorter, beefier Jordan Holmes. OMG! They will be on the floor together.
If she's running her mouth like that she better figure out how to do something besides chuck 3's. And Aston might require a little defense too. I can see why UConn had no interest.

Reaction Score
Kenny Kallina didn't hold back his feeling on Twitter on how they snubbed LaDazhia Williams from making a roster. I tend to agree, watching most of these girls throughout their HS and AAU career I would say she's better then the majority of the posts/ Forwards that played. Williams is certainly better then Janelle Bailey, Ayanna Clark, Loretta Kakala, Kasi Kushkituah, and Jade Williams. I've made those evaluations prior to her even committing to SC. She didn't play on the EYBL circuit like the other players so that's maybe why she isn't rated as high but I can assure you one thing she's a gamer and will have everyone else in the nation on notice as soon as next year.

LaDazhia should've been there, for sure. Kakala was solid though. But Kenny about everything... EVERYTHING. Warranted or not.

Reaction Score
If she's running her mouth like that she better figure out how to do something besides chuck 3's. And Aston might require a little defense too. I can see why UConn had no interest.

Rellah had no interest in anyone outside of Texas. Maybe Maryland at one point...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
LaDazhia should've been there, for sure. Kakala was solid though. But Kenny about everything... EVERYTHING. Warranted or not.

This. I used to browse his twitter every so often to see if there was any interesting info. But I stopped because I don't need all that negativity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom