McDonalds All-American Girls HS Game 3/29 ESPN2 5:00-6:30 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

McDonalds All-American Girls HS Game 3/29 ESPN2 5:00-6:30

Reaction Score
Meghan Walker hasn't looked great. Does this matter? Not at all.

All freshman have to put in a lot of work to get themselves to a UConn level.

Reaction Score
Not impressed I understand it's an all star game but these players are slow and sloppy. The best two players that Ives seen so far is Chasity Patterson and Chennedy Carter. Michaela Onyenwere seems to show promise, Walker seems to be trying a little too much and looks a little off, and Westbrook is smooth with passing ability but that looks about it. Hopefully their coaches to whip them into tip top shape because right now this looks to be the worst McDAA game I've seen.

Reaction Score
Not impressed I understand it's an all star game but these players are slow and sloppy. The best two players that Ives seen so far is Chasity Patterson and Chennedy Carter. Michaela Onyenwere seems to show promise, Walker seems to be trying a little too much and looks a little off, and Westbrook is smooth with passing ability but that looks about it. Hopefully their coaches to whip them into tip top shape because right now this looks to be the worst McDAA game I've seen.
Rellah Boothe has been playing in all star mode (not so much with the passing), but it's clear that she has a lot of talent.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Rellah Boothe has been playing in all star mode (not so much with the passing), but it's clear that she has a lot of talent.
She also seems to play with energy and an edge.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for the reports all - I gave up on this and the other games a few years ago - it is just bad bad basketball. About the only thing you can learn is comparative body types - who looks like they have seen a weight room and who doesn't and of course height in units of the Hartley!
Your reports confirm everything I thought I already knew!

Reaction Score
I thought that the two girls going to Texas looked good. Boothe while a bit cocky looks like she can back it up. Another body like Joyner-Holmes's. Megan picked it up at the end and Mikayla had flashes.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It was my first time seeing all the players. I liked somethings I saw. Westbrook looks good with passing and shooting. Hayes is quick and was playing defense. Patterson looked good in this game. Walker and Coombs had some good moments.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Watched one quarter of the replay so far. So many missed layups and ugly jumpshots. Don't have a problem with the effort level on defense or the amount of passing, which are the usual complaints. Just the horrible shooting.

Reaction Score
It's very hard to watch a game like this when we are used to watching year end uconn basketball.

Coombs I think showed so much potential. Wonderful defense, hustle and attitude.

Walker- IDK. I'm sure she will be fine.

On to Friday which is what counts

Reaction Score
It was almost unwatchable in first half. Second half was better.

I will have to catch the replay of the second half! I feel bad for saying it was awful. I loved seeing the girls in person and had a great time. I just am so used to what we have been watching all season, every game!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I thought it was awful, and I started with low expectations. I literally recall one play, a pass by Coombs to someone, that was decent. I probably missed some other good play, but there weren't many. Boothe had more blunders than non-blunders in first half - 2 points IIRC. But she had 16 in second half. Chasity Patterson was decent - I thought she was headed for MOP but mainly because not another single player deserved it.

Reaction Score
I know you can't tell much from these games, but from what you can tell, Karen Aston must be feeling pretty good about now.

Reaction Score
Anyone remember what Napheesa looked like in the Allstar game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom