McCallie steps in it; no "lessons learned;" UConn mention [merged thread] | Page 9 | The Boneyard

McCallie steps in it; no "lessons learned;" UConn mention [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
High road, yeah, but all the same a powerful statement. Leaves little if any doubt as to why she left. What happens next in this drama, Cam?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That's not really the high road. The high road is" Thank you for my time at Duke."
Sorry, but that's about as high a road as I'd take. Give me a few more years and watch my return to that road become dusty and dirty.

Reaction Score
You throw a kid under the bus (not for the first time) as she's creeping out the door as inconspicuously as possible

And you expect complete magnanimity? utter passivity?

What world do you live in...Give me a break!

I don't blame her response at all. But it _is_ a step below "taking the high road."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the mistake the Duke AD made was doing a sort of formulaic 5 year extension a few years ago without really looking at the program - JPM has recruited well since she arrived with the brand of Duke behind her, but the questions were already forming with the parade of short term assistants and the transfers and the moderate results - pretty much exactly what has continued to happen since the extension.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Sorry to bump this thread... but just wanted to correct an earlier post where I said we're not likely to play Duke this season..

Duke just released their OOC schedule today and SC actually plays at Cameron Indoor on December 4.

Should be fun watching Staley and McCallie exchanging death glares.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sorry to bump this thread... but just wanted to correct an earlier post where I said we're not likely to play Duke this season..

Duke just released their OOC schedule today and SC actually plays at Cameron Indoor on December 4.
Nothing against the institution of their fans that post here but, anything to hasten the departure of JPM would be much appreciated. A good &&$ whopping by SC would be most helpful.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I recall Charde at First Night. Mel Thomas (in UConn sweatshirt) sat with her and was obviously and energetically encoraging Charde to become a UConn commit.

Fast forward to post-graduation and publication of Mel's book, "Heart of a Husky." Mel describes (often in detail) her interactions with Charde revealing both affection and frustration.

I wish Olde Coach could enlighten us further.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score

It will be glorious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro