May non-UConn recruiting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

May non-UConn recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I wish the added Canadian players. I would like to see what they thought about Lemyah Hylton.
I saw in the class rankings last year that they do rate some international players. For example, when they wrote up Arizona’s class, they said Anna Gret Asi was a 4.5* (half-star is weird, but whatever). They just don't rank those players alongside US players.

Reaction Score
I saw in the class rankings last year that they do rate some international players. For example, when they wrote up Arizona’s class, they said Anna Gret Asi was a 4.5* (half-star is weird, but whatever). They just don't rank those players alongside US players.
They're hit and miss if you ask me. The previous organization who provided the rankings were similar in the coverage.

Granted it's not easy to keep up on the number of players however with FIBA having a YouTube channel, I thought it would be easier. All of the U16 - U19 European competitions are available and you can watch at your convenience if the time difference doesn't work. What may also make it harder to rank players is that some will go into the pros if they can where they are. They may never have interest in playing NCAA ball.

I can understand the challenges with watching Canadian kids because games aren't streamed online as much. Only one prep league does for the women's game and it's based in Ontario (that I know of). Canadian Nationals are streamed on YouTube but not much media attention is given to it. We're still behind in some ways unfortunately.

We also have to remember a lot of these ranking companies are businesses who host tournaments and various exposure events. Their primary focus will be the athletes who attend their events.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
We also have to remember a lot of these ranking companies are businesses who host tournaments and various exposure events. Their primary focus will be the athletes who attend their events.

The shilling for the tournaments and training sessions is nauseating. There are some organizations that I won't even mention on Twitter lest I get a copy/paste reply from the owner that includes links to all of his hustles.

Reaction Score
The shilling for the tournaments and training sessions is nauseating. There are some organizations that I won't even mention on Twitter lest I get a copy/paste reply from the owner that includes links to all of his hustles.

We're seeing it trend that way here in Canada too. One AAU program up here has set up an academy that runs all year offering players the opportunity to play for them in the summer. Recently a new "recruiting service" has come onto the scene offering to help families get their kids more exposure in the US with NCAA programs.

The costs to even play competitive basketball are nearing what families pay for hockey or high-level soccer. Never thought I'd see it get to there. Basketball was a sport that I could actually afford when my daughter was looking for something to participate in. Don't know if I would be able to nowadays, especially when looking at what prep schools can charge if she wanted to play at that level.

Reaction Score
Crazy that official visits are starting, but the first visits I've seen reported are to Oregon during the first weekend, as they'll host Endyia Rogers, Jennah Isai, Kennedy Basham, Chance Gray, and Grace Vanslooten.

Also Sammie Wagner and Chloe Briggs as 2023 unofficial visitors.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Watching her film, she reminds BeaverNation of Sydney Weise. And whatever rating service has Lily Hansford as a 3-star, should find another profession. Great recruit for OSU!!!!!
I definitely see it. Size and shooting stroke are eerily similar. Wiese worked out okay in Corvallis, I think I'll give Rueck the benefit of the doubt on this one, regardless of what recruitniks think. :cool:

Reaction Score
Hate to be that guy but who is she.
Ranked No. 204 by ASGR, No. 109 by BlueStar, and No. 14 in Texas by Premier Basketball.

So definitely an “under-the-radar” player for Mulkey’s first prep recruit at LSU.

Also, per Roaul, was previously committed to TCU.

Reaction Score
Ranked No. 204 by ASGR, No. 109 by BlueStar, and No. 14 in Texas by Premier Basketball.

So definitely an “under-the-radar” player for Mulkey’s first prep recruit at LSU.

Also, per Roaul, was previously committed to TCU.
I don't recall Kim recruiting her when she was at Baylor, I know she was recruiting Vanslooten, Bransford, Latson, Sa' Smith, etc.

Reaction Score
Saw it on Twitter and asked the same thing lol this has Fargas all over it.
I think the reality is while Kim will bring in some big recruits, its going to take some "under the radar" hard nosed recruits as well to help build the winning before we can expect top recruits to want to flock here.

I have a feeling 70-80% of the roster by next year will be gone. I think the roster clearing with Lombard/Davis is already part of that process already.

Interesting enough, she was offered by Fargas.

Reaction Score
I think the reality is while Kim will bring in some big recruits, its going to take some "under the radar" hard nosed recruits as well to help build the winning before we can expect top recruits to want to flock here.

I have a feeling 70-80% of the roster by next year will be gone. I think the roster clearing with Lombard/Davis is already part of that process already.

Interesting enough, she was offered by Fargas.
Kim is packing for BR now. Look like she bout to get to work.

According to Twitter of course lol

Reaction Score
Watching her film, she reminds BeaverNation of Sydney Weise. And whatever rating service has Lily Hansford as a 3-star, should find another profession. Great recruit for OSU!!!!!
Serious question. How come Rueck does not recruit does not recruit many african americans? And if it was all about stars we would just add then up once a year and the start of the season and not have to play the games.

Reaction Score
Serious question. How come Rueck does not recruit does not recruit many african americans? And if it was all about stars we would just add then up once a year and the start of the season and not have to play the games.
Why did Graves wait until this year to? Oregon State has had a similar amount of African Americans on their roster as Oregon had every season.

Reaction Score
How do you know if OSU does or does not? It takes two to commit (school and player).

Reaction Score
#10 in ESPN 2023 class.....

Attachments

• E2hYdaeX0AAliU5.jpg
    E2hYdaeX0AAliU5.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 256
Reaction Score
Lots of BIG tournaments this weekend. It's All About The U!!!

Attachments

• E2gfvCbXIAI446d.jpg
    E2gfvCbXIAI446d.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 272
Reaction Score
#17 ESPN 2022 has apparently whittled down her Top 8 list

Attachments

• E2gak-3XMAEypkn.jpg
    E2gak-3XMAEypkn.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 269
Reaction Score
#17 ESPN 2022 has apparently whittled down her Top 8 list
Aren't these hype posts for a tournament this weekend? I got the impression from these Tweets that these were programs who were interested or had given offers. There were several that had a similar format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom