May non-UConn recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

May non-UConn recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all the guards heading to UCLA, they need Nnaji the most. I’d say UCLA, Michigan, or Arizona based on what all the other schools have. I don’t see Florida at all. Was Minnesota not a finalist for her?

Reaction Score
No idea. Finalists were: Arizona,Florida,Georgia,Illinois,Louisville,Maryland,Michigan,
Oregon,South Carolina,Stanford,UCLA,Vanderbilt,Virginia.

I'd bet on Pac-12. With Gardiner to Oregon State, maybe Stanford. Arizona has momentum under Adia now more than ever, whereas before I didn't see the brother tie being enough. Then UCLA is kind of a nice compromise between those two. Ironically Oregon doesn't seem likely despite being the "it" Pac-12 program what feels like 5 minutes ago.

Reaction Score
The brother tie is big because she surely visited Arizona to watch her brother play. For the past year recruits haven't visited anywhere so who knows how many of the other schools she's even seen. I'll say Arizona because of that.

Reaction Score
I’m betting on Arizona as well, they lose both front court players after this year giving her a chance to step in and be an impact player and likely starter. Hard to tune down Stanford if accepted, but they will have Jones, Belibi, Prechtel, Brink, Demetre, Iriafen, and Betts. South Carolina would be my other prediction.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You guys may have seen the above but I just came across them. Sorry if they’re duplicates

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Grace Vanslooten, a top-20 6-3 forward in 2022, is transferring to IMG Academy:

Has transferring to IMG ever worked out well for anyone on the girls side?

Reaction Score
I believe Baylor had two players many years ago who transferred there, Alyssa Dry and Justis Szczepanski-Beavers, and I'm pretty sure Dry left the team and Szczepanski-Beavers was dismissed of transferred.

Guirantes spent some time at IMG, but I believe she ended her prep career elsewhere.

Boothe also played at IMG, and I think we all know how that turned out.

A couple of international players (two Africans in Rokia Doumbia and Aicha Coulibaly and a Romanian in Sarah Dumitrescu) have also gone power five out of IMG, but none have really had great collegiate careers.

On the flip side, Montverde, which is led by Special Jennings (a starter for Xavier when they had some really solid teams), has been attracting a lot of talent from all over, most recently Jordana Codio and Janiah Barker.

Reaction Score
Was wondering the same thing. I know of a kid from Canada who went there only to come back after 3 years. It's a really expensive way to go from what I've seen.
I believe Baylor had two players many years ago who transferred there, Alyssa Dry and Justis Szczepanski-Beavers, and I'm pretty sure Dry left the team and Szczepanski-Beavers was dismissed of transferred.

Guirantes spent some time at IMG, but I believe she ended her prep career elsewhere.

A couple of international players (two Africans in Rokia Doumbia and Aicha Coulibaly and a Romanian in Sarah Dumitrescu) have also gone power five out of IMG, but none have really had great collegiate careers.

On the flip side, Montverde, which is led by Special Jennings (a starter for Xavier when they had some really solid teams), has been attracting a lot of talent from all over, most recently Jordana Codio and Janiah Barker.
You're not kidding when you say all over. Can't remember her name, but they have a player from Chile who competed at the U16 FIBA in 2019 and earned an all-star nod. Last I saw, the roster is very diverse with several international players. I'd be interested in seeing this team during the upcoming season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks. This is kind of what I thought and recalled. There has been D1 players that have come out of IMG but not many impact ones. The twin (?) sisters that played for Texas Caron-Goudreau also attended IMG academy.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
If she were my kid and was accepted, she would go to Stanford.

I really hope she follows in her brother's footsteps, but I have some doubts. Adia usually tweets "Bear down" or "Today is a great day" when she receives the verbal to let fans know something is up. There's been no tweet so far. So, if it's Arizona, Nnaji isn't even telling Adia until she makes it public or Adia is not doing her usual thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If she were my kid and was accepted, she would go to Stanford.

I really hope she follows in her brother's footsteps, but I have some doubts. Adia usually tweets "Bear down" or "Today is a great day" when she receives the verbal to let fans know something is up. There's been no tweet so far. So, if it's Arizona, Nnaji isn't even telling Adia until she makes it public or Adia is not doing her usual thing.
Isn't the recruiting shutdown still in effect though? This would mean that if it is Arizona I don't think Nnaji and Adia can make contact with each other until tomorrow when it ends.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Isn't the recruiting shutdown still in effect though? This would mean that if it is Arizona I don't think Nnaji and Adia can make contact with each other until tomorrow when it ends.
I forgot we were still in it. (Lose track of days sometimes.) You're probably right.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The recruiting shut down in in place until 31 May. The restriction is only on in person recruiting meaning that coaches cannot travel to see prospects and prospects cannot visit college campus. Coaches are still allowed to text and zoom with recruits until 1 June.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
The recruiting shut down in in place until 31 May. The restriction is only on in person recruiting meaning that coaches cannot travel to see prospects and prospects cannot visit college campus. Coaches are still allowed to text and zoom with recruits until 1 June.
I believe they are referring to the recruiting shutdown from May 3-9 during which absolutely no contact is aloud -- digital or otherwise.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

LV staff have begun making in home visits.

Yes things have picked up. Since Williams and McCorvey have been hired. A lot of offers going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom