May non-UConn recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

May non-UConn recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Who hired the two previous assistants ?
Harper hired them. I think they were good hires at the time. She had just got the job, and looked to fill the staff. I think Williams track record speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
Harper hired them. I think they were good hires at the time. She had just got the job, and looked to fill the staff. I think Williams track record speaks for itself.
Hindsight says they weren't very good hires.

Reaction Score
Appears Sam Williams brought Louisville offer strategy to TN, offer early offer all. Let’s see if this method works for TN.
Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

Reaction Score
6'4" 2022 post Amauri Williams from North Little Rock commits to Vandy, which I think is Coach Ralph's first commit. Williams was all set for Vandy prior to the coaching change, but she didn't let the staff turnover change her mind.

Reaction Score
6'4" 2022 post Amauri Williams from North Little Rock commits to Vandy, which I think is Coach Ralph's first commit. Williams was all set for Vandy prior to the coaching change, but she didn't let the staff turnover change her mind.
Good for her, Vandy is a very good school academically which could have been a big reason for heading down there. Good for Coach Ralph

Reaction Score

Looks like she’ll be about a top ~75 recruit.

Reaction Score
Was going to post the same thing. She had been listed in the top 25/30 or many previous rankings, but she seemed to drop over the past year. I don’t think she played much, if any, AAU last summer, and that may have contributed in an “out of sight, out of mind” kind of way. She is a really nice kid and a talented player. Hope she does well at Vandy.

Reaction Score
Was going to post the same thing. She had been listed in the top 25/30 or many previous rankings, but she seemed to drop over the past year. I don’t think she played much, if any, AAU last summer, and that may have contributed in an “out of sight, out of mind” kind of way. She is a really nice kid and a talented player. Hope she does well at Vandy.
I don't think she will do well at Vandy since she is going to Cal.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I don't think she will do well at Vandy since she is going to Cal.
No, that's just the title of the link. The player referred to in the title is No. 44 ranked Amaya Bonner, who is committed to Cal. The player discussed in this thread is No. 47 Amauri Williams, who is committed to Vanderbilt.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Appears Sam Williams brought Louisville offer strategy to TN, offer early offer all. Let’s see if this method works for TN.
Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com
I like the BS formula

Reaction Score

I think we should include this thread for reference. Will give Premier Basketball credit for at least putting out a disclaimer for us in advance. :D

I wish the added Canadian players. I would like to see what they thought about Lemyah Hylton.

Reaction Score
I wish the added Canadian players. I would like to see what they thought about Lemyah Hylton.
Don't get me started LOL. I'd love it if they paid some more attention but it's tricky because Canadian teams don't have the same ability to attend some of these premiere exposure events or the EYBL until recently. The cost to travel to some of these events aren't cheap depending on where you're coming from in Canada. I couldn't even fathom how much it would cost to travel from BC to Virginia for Boo Williams.

In the past, players seemed to get noticed if they played for the national team at FIBA events (Hailey Brown, Kia Nurse, Amihere, Edwards, etc.) but it wasn't guaranteed. With the emergence of prep programs, it's getting better but it will still take time and $$$$. Players like Lattimore and Day-Wilson (Syracuse commits) were fortunate to be at a school where they were able to cover the costs for their travels. No other OSBA program could afford the travel costs to play the schedule they had between 2018 - 2020.

Regarding Hylton, I like her more than Todd out of the 2022 group. She's worked hard and has improved immensely since Grade 9. Unfortunately, she lost out on great chances for exposure last summer and this past school year due to COVID and the lock down orders in Ontario. I thought she had great chance at being listed as an all-star in the OSBA league this season. If she commits to Maryland, I think you'll be very happy.

Reaction Score
Regarding Hylton, I like her more than Todd out of the 2022 group. She's worked hard and has improved immensely since Grade 9. Unfortunately, she lost out on great chances for exposure last summer and this past school year due to COVID and the lock down orders in Ontario. I thought she had great chance at being listed as an all-star in the OSBA league this season. If she commits to Maryland, I think you'll be very happy.
I would be happy if Hylton signed with Maryland more than any other player with the possible exception of Chance Gray. I think Hylton is going to be a star and a WNBA player.

Reaction Score
I would be happy if Hylton signed with Maryland more than any other player with the possible exception of Chance Gray. I think Hylton is going to be a star and a WNBA player.
I think she has great potential. She seems to have the desire to push herself from what I've been able to observe.

It's going to be interesting when The 2022 class graduate from their respective NCAA schools and enter the draft. Seeing what's coming down the pipeline with respect to talent..................man. Expansion can't come fast enough, but I fear it won't be enough to keep pace.

Just watching the rookies who made the WNBA this year and their impact already. Imagine what it would be like if most of them had been able to stick with their respective teams?

Reaction Score
I think she has great potential. She seems to have the desire to push herself from what I've been able to observe.

It's going to be interesting when The 2022 class graduate from their respective NCAA schools and enter the draft. Seeing what's coming down the pipeline with respect to talent..................man. Expansion can't come fast enough, but I fear it won't be enough to keep pace.

Just watching the rookies who made the WNBA this year and their impact already. Imagine what it would be like if most of them had been able to stick with their respective teams?
The 2020 class had a great freshmen season with Paige Bueckers and Caitlyn Clark plus the others. The 2021 class could be good but I don't think it will be as good as the 2020 class. The 2022 class could be a monster. There are some players in the 30s and 40s range that are going to be really good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom