May non-UConn recruiting | Page 5 | The Boneyard

May non-UConn recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How do you know if OSU does or does not? It takes two to commit (school and player).
That's true, but the player has to be recruited before they can consider committing. Outside of Jersey Wolfenbarger...none jump out here. Perhaps none fit his style of play...whatever that is. This team page lists targets.

Raoul OSU Team Page

Reaction Score
Why did Graves wait until this year to? Oregon State has had a similar amount of African Americans on their roster as Oregon had every season.
You know that is a lie. It is going to lead to Ruecks demise at some point.

"......had ever season. " Sabally sisters, Minyon Moore and Ruthie Hebard. Now you name the four in the same season as these four. You can't.

Reaction Score
That's true, but the player has to be recruited before they can consider committing. Outside of Jersey Wolfenbarger...none jump out here. Perhaps none fit his style of play...whatever that is. This team page lists targets.

Raoul OSU Team Page
His style, half court sets , pass the ball around take a shot , worked in the Pac-12, 5 or 6 years ago. Just one of the one reasons why Slocum and Goforth transferred.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
OSU is reeling in players from all over. In recent years Arkansas, Georgia, Texas (multiple), Kansas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Utah, Colorado.

Agree w/ @CBus13 , this whole thing seems weird and kinda smells like someone has an axe to grind. There are a whole bunch of programs that don't have a lot of diversity, why is OSU and Rueck being singled out? And I think the poster is conveniently ignoring some of the past and current players they've had on their roster.

Reaction Score
OSU is reeling in players from all over. In recent years Arkansas, Georgia, Texas (multiple), Kansas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Utah, Colorado.

Agree w/ @CBus13 , this whole thing seems weird and kinda smells like someone has an axe to grind. There are a whole bunch of programs that don't have a lot of diversity, why is OSU and Rueck being singled out? And I think the poster is conveniently ignoring some of the past and current players they've had on their roster.
I was thinking the same thing. You have Aquino on the roster (yes, I know a red shirt). His Final Four team was a diverse mix of players.

Reaction Score

Raoul OSU Team Page
In 2021 Oregon State was a finalist for:

They were also finalists for Caroline Ducharme and Payton Verhulst and they landed Greta Kampschroeder and Talia von Oelhoffen.

Reaction Score
Can’t be as bad as the coach at Iowa State
What are you referring to here? I recall there being a lawsuit where there were several allegations, but he was removed as a defendant. It eventually got settled out of court between the school and the player. How does that reflect on him if it was determined that there was nothing that could be considered proof?

Sure he's made some cringe worthy comments during this year's tournament but there are quite a few coaches who did. He's been able to recruit players of colour from what I can see with who has decided to transfer there this year. He also has a black player as a 2022 commit.

Reaction Score
What a weird thing to bring up. Rueck has had quite a few African American players on his rosters over the years. In general, the state of Oregon has a very small black population. I’d imagine that and having to sell Corvallis (a small town with not much outside of the university) would be hard for anyone to do.

I don’t think he is blatantly going out his way to avoid adding minorities. It’s just a product of Oregon being Oregon. How is this any different than schools in the Midwest?

Reaction Score
#12 ESPN 2022

I don't think any of these images you've posted are accurately or even intending to accurately portray those prospects' top school listings. I'm not really sure what those school mentions are intended to represent......

Reaction Score
I don't think any of these images you've posted are accurately or even intending to accurately portray those prospects' top school listings. I'm not really sure what those school mentions are intended to represent......
Those look like offers, not their finalists....

Reaction Score
Those look like offers, not their finalists....

Agreed. These images look to have been taken from Insider Exposure's Twitter feed. They hosted a huge tournament this past long weekend. Like I said before, there were several of these tweets which I assumed was for hyping the event.

Reaction Score

Agreed. These images look to have been taken from Insider Exposure's Twitter feed. They hosted a huge tournament this past long weekend. Like I said before, there were several of these tweets which I assumed was for hyping the event.

Yeah....if say a prospect has some 25 offers, and more than half of those are P5 offers, and that said prospect hasn't yet put out any finalist list, then a so-called "insider" feed site doesn't look too "insider" to me to only show 2-3 of those offers, and leave out the rest. Either they are way behind the times, or are misrepresenting the offers shown, as well as all the offers the prospect has garnered. Best to either show all the offers, not show ANY, or wait for the prospect to put out a final listing, and then post that. Or at LEAST say, "among others", etc....

Reaction Score
Yeah....if say a prospect has some 25 offers, and more than half of those are P5 offers, and that said prospect hasn't yet put out any finalist list, then a so-called "insider" feed site doesn't look too "insider" to me to only show 2-3 of those offers, and leave out the rest. Either they are way behind the times, or are misrepresenting the offers shown, as well as all the offers the prospect has garnered. Best to either show all the offers, not show ANY, or wait for the prospect to put out a final listing, and then post that. Or at LEAST say, "among others", etc....
Insider Exposure is not a recruitment insider info organization. They hold showcase events/tournaments for AAU teams (possibly HS too - not 100% sure). They’re a way for young girls to exhibit their wares and gain exposure as college coaches attend these showcases. Those tweets are just them publicizing the kind of players that attendees can expect to see. Listing just a few examples of a prospect‘s offers probably serves their purpose.

Reaction Score

Raoul OSU Team Page
Sorry, but that was just crazy to call out Scott Rueck at OSU for having any element of race bias. I think I'll close my eyes and throw a dart at a map of the USA, and call out race bias at some random school.

Reaction Score
Savannah Samuel was in the same class as Goforth (and also transferred). I mean, a 2020 African American signee seems to make this argument a lot weaker, right?

It may be fair to speculate about how African American athletes feel about Corvallis, but it seems pretty off-base to allege bias against the staff.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember this conversation coming up early in UConn and Genos run

Reaction Score
You may be right. I came across them from a retweet of one of the players. I do know that Lazaria Spearman is a Miami commit so that was accurate. I also know that Ta'Niya Latson had listed an official Top 8 and it made sense that the 3 teams no longer listed had been dropped from consideration do to coaching changes at those schools(Baylor,Texas, and Kentucky). So that only leaves Jadyn Donovan who I know nothing about but included as I felt the other two were accurate so assumed her list was also. I always try to restrict my postings to "finalist lists" or actual commitments. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom