May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 9 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Fagbenle earned it the last few games. And she is by far Clark's best outlet. I think Wallace is out with an injury, so KLS slides into the starting 3 spot. I like KLS a lot, but she's definitely lost a step since college (/pregnancy?) and doesn't seem to be as crisp a shooter, either. Great reminder how remarkable new moms like Pheesa and Hamby have been.
Fagbenle's earned it, agreed. Prior to last game I would've started her in place of Boston rather than Smith. Sounds crazy but Aaliyah just hasn't been bringing much this season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aces are playing 3 on 5 apparently. Several minutes into Q2 and only Wilson, Young and Plum have scored. Indiana looking for win #2.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...was Seattle trading Melbourne to make room for Muhl a smart move? Jade is playing and looking good for the Mystics. Nika is glued to the bench. Melbourne is 2 years younger and probably has more upside.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
85-79 Sun over Sky with just under 3 minutes left. A. Thomas thrown out in 3rd for flagrant foul, but Bonner taking over.
Ty Harris just hit a prayer at the shot clock to give six pt. lead. Mabrey leads Chicago with 20 but now has Carrington chasing her everywhere, so it's up to Evans to try and create/shoot.

Chennedy Carter had played well but fouled out in 14 minutes!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A. Thomas thrown out in 3rd for flagrant foul
Whoa, wonder how far she had to go to actually get that call! I was watching the first half but switched over to Storm-Mystics.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Whoa, wonder how far she had to go to actually get that call! I was watching the first half but switched over to Storm-Mystics.
I missed that particular call, too, but came in two minutes after.

Reese hustles hard, but giveth and taketh away. Held Bonner to a 24-sec. violation then got called on a moving screen to free up Mabrey.

Sun win 86-82. Sky play hard, but it's difficult to see where points come from on a consistent basis at this point, outside of Mabrey. Williams and Reese really only shoot layups and DeShields and Onyenwere only scored 6 pts. between them. But DeShields and Mabrey did lead Sky in assists, which is a bit weird when Dana Evans, the starting PG, only has one. They've playing hard, both individually and collectively.... .

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Thanks. I saw the replay on ESPN's page. That's just typical AT. If she got tossed for that, she probably should've had a lot more ejections during her career.

Reaction Score
Thomas was definitely sending a message on that one. Definitely intentional.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Never mind about the Aces. Clark finally scored a bit, and Martin has 1 bucket off the bench. But the Big 3 have outscored Indiana by themselves.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Storm were up big early (31-15 at one point IIRC), Mystics battled back into it, now the Storm running away in Q4. Up by 22. With Sykes out (and Austin for this game), Washington might be racing ahead of the pack for worst team in the league. Still seeking their first win. Balanced scoring for Seattle. They are certainly much better w/ Nneka than without her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, Indiana has been playing fairly well the last several games and Vegas just blew them out, so maybe a positive sign for the Aces? 29 for Wilson, 22 for Young, 20 for Plum. And they got to go deep into their bench finally in this one. Martin got into double figures.

Plum also had 7 assists/1 TO. 22/7 for the year. Where's the poster who all but guaranteed she was gonna be a TO machine this year? 3:1 is not only good, it's outstanding.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dallas with a makeshift lineup is hammering Phoenix.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seattle wins 101-69. Shot 61.7% from the floor and 54.5% from 3. That will win you most games...

The N.D. guards found their shots. Nneka usually shoots a high percentage.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Merc narrowing the gap. Taurasi/Copper having a shootout w/ Ogunbowale/Siegrist.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wings pulling away again down the stretch. Arike is lighting it up. Billings and Siegrist are really taking advantage of the opportunity with increased PT due to injuries.

Copper and Taurasi have combined for almost 60, and the Merc are still down 17. That's because almost no one else is doing anything. I'm gonna go ahead and call this one w/ 2 minutes left.

So, what have we learned so far? Not all that much I'd say. Washington and Indiana have sunk to the bottom and Connecticut is the only undefeated team, but most of the league is all bunched up in the middle.

Reaction Score
This schedule is insane. Seven games in 12 days for the Fever and people were giving Lobo grief on social media for suggesting rest for Clark and Mitchell today. I totally understand where she was coming from.
They looked like they needed it. They were playing hard for the first 15 minutes and then ran out of gas. Then they gained some steam in the 3rd but again ran out of gas. It was very apparent they were playing on tired legs.

Reaction Score
They looked like they needed it. They were playing hard for the first 15 minutes and then ran out of gas. Then they gained some steam in the 3rd but again ran out of gas. It was very apparent they were playing on tired legs.
It's a shame as this doesn't help the team while they work on building their identity. Sure they're professionals and will deal with it, but having to play with minimal recovery time has to be a hell of a grind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom