May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 63 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

Reaction Score
7 guards on this team was a mistake. Now with Collier looking like she can't play you go into the Olympics with 4 frontcourt players, 2 nursing injuries in Stewie and Griner.
This could be a problem in the Olympics, playing on consecutive days.
There are no games on consecutive days in the Olympics. They play 6 games in two weeks with an average of 2-3 days rest between games. Easier than the WNBA schedule.

Reaction Score
7 guards on this team was a mistake. Now with Collier looking like she can't play you go into the Olympics with 4 frontcourt players, 2 nursing injuries in Stewie and Griner.
The team still have alternates like Brionna Jones available worst case scenario.

Reaction Score
The team still have alternates like Brionna Jones available worst case scenario.

Alternates aren’t available once the competition starts (so next Saturday) and those alternates were never even confirmed. Given no one else flew to Europe with the team that we know of, I’d presume they won’t be used at this point.

WBBTakeover

I'm not cooler than Kate Martin. Who is?
Reaction Score
I agree on nearly all of this, WCCTakeover, especially about Loyd. She's thought to be a good defender. I surely hope so, 'cause she plays a whole lot of bad games on offense.
I'm of the belief that while Jewell is an okay defender, she's not going to be earning any awards for her defense--and I don't believe she's ever been awarded for her defense as a pro. She's not the best defensive guard on her own WNBA team. If she was brought along because of her defense, then that was a mistake by USA Basketball. They should've taken Ariel Atkins instead. I know I said in the past that she wasn't needed on this team, but I was wrong. A healthy Brittney Sykes would've been a good option as well. So would a healthy Jordin Canada or a Natasha Cloud. Betnijah Laney, Allisha Gray, and Rhyne Howard are also players who could've helped defensively at the guard spot.

IMO, the best defenders on Team USA are A'ja, Stewie, Phee, AT, and BG. My goodness--the roster composition is just :confused::confused::confused:! They couldn't find one top-flight guard defender?

WBBTakeover

I'm not cooler than Kate Martin. Who is?
Reaction Score
It could be wishful thinking, but here's what Coach Cheryl Reeve had to say:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom