May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 60 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

Reaction Score
Well, the Fever lost to the Wings but Clark set the WNBA record for most assists in a game with 19 assists. :eek:

Very entertaining game. Boston had a great first half. Will be interesting to see how the Fever does after being dumped on in the first half of the season with the WNBA's toughest schedule. They have certainly been playing better of late. Rookies like Clark, 40 minutes tonight, have got to be gassed after playing straight though since November.

Reaction Score
Last-place Dallas edged Indiana in a very wild game, 101-93. As noted, Caitlin set the record with 19 assists. A couple of Dallas blocks kept her from even more.
Anyone else think Clark was looking to pass a bit too much particularly late in the game. Obviously she played well and I really only saw the 4th but it seemed like she wasn't really looking at the basket. She's had a couple of games like this.

12au

Baylor WBB
Reaction Score
Care to expand on that? I don't see how the addition of Mabrey makes the Sun any better than they already are. Will she start or come off the bench? I mean this could be the move that pushes the Sun over the top to the title or it could be the move that falls flat. I just do not see how adding Mabrey, a solid player, will help the Sun.

The Sun's bench seems really bad. Aside from ONO, who do you trust? I don't think Jefferson or Banham are playable in the playoffs. Mabrey definitely is. I don't think it matters or not if she starts. Harris/Carrington/Mabrey will be the backcourt, and all get 20+ minutes I'd guess. With AT and Bonner aging, the Sun need to go all-in this year.

Reaction Score
Anyone else think Clark was looking to pass a bit too much particularly late in the game. Obviously she played well and I really only saw the 4th but it seemed like she wasn't really looking at the basket. She's had a couple of games like this.

Clark's 3-point FG% has been bad lately, and it shows in her shot selection (and the decision by her or ? to skip the 3-point contest at the all-star game). She has turned down a number of good looks from 3 going to her left (her preferred shot). She has also missed a large number of good looks from 3 lately, including tonight. With just a little better shooting, Clark could easily have had a 30-20 (points/assists) game tonight, which might have pushed Indiana to the win column.

12au

Baylor WBB
Reaction Score
Kevin Pelton's article on the Mabrey trade is interesting. He mentions that it opens up 42K cap space for the Sun, which they could use to sign Gabby Williams for the rest of the season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom