May 2021 recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about ‘23, letycia vasconcelos? I was just checking out hoopgurlz and saw her pop up, 6’7, 7th overall, post. I tried to find footage and doesn’t look like there’s a lot out there.

There should be some videos online of the 2019 Jr NBA Global Championships she was on the Latin America team. If I remember right they made it pretty far in the tournament.

Hoopgurlz has her at Holy Spirit Prep in Atlanta but I saw one of their games and don‘t remember seeing her playin. Maybe due to COVID she didn’t come to the US this year. Holy Spirit is the same school Anthony Edwards ( Timberwolves not Revenge of the Nerds) went to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe Fudd, Patterson, and DeBerry are all trying out for the U19 team and athletes arrive May 11 IIRC. Not sure if this has already been dicussed.

The roster leaked so I didn’t want to post it, but PM me if you would like to see it.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe Fudd, Patterson, and DeBerry are all trying out for the U19 team and athletes arrive May 11 IIRC. Not sure if this has already been dicussed.

The roster leaked so I didn’t want to post it, but PM me if you would like to see it.

Thanks for the info.

Trials begin Friday May 14 so the athletes will be arriving a day or so early. Official release of the roster will be this week.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

NEYC Boo Williams Super Regional: Top Performers

MVP: Breya Cunningham, F - Cal Stars (2023)

The Cal Stars remained undefeated for the season at Boo Williams, and a major reason why was the play of Breya Cunningham. The 2023 forward put up 30 points in the championship win over Boo Williams, showcasing an array of offensive post moves that kept the defense on their heels. Cunningham showcased the ability to defend multiple positions, and deploys a motor that is difficult to match. Expect Cunningham to continue a terrific spring into the summer, and if she's on her game, the Cal Stars will remain the team to beat.

Ashlynn Shade, G - Lady Gym Rats (2023)

Shade simply loves to score the ball. She is a high IQ player and creates space within the offense to produce at a high rate. Shade is comfortable as both the primary initiator and playing off-ball and showed proficiency as a perimeter and post scoring threat.

Isuneh Brady - Cal Sparks (2022 - UConn commit)

The smooth-shooting lefty was hard to miss this weekend. Brady has excellent touch in-and-around the rim and has a real knack for creating space on her shots. She showed strong body control with the ball on the floor and knows how to move her defenders around to put the ball in the net.

OTHER TOP PERFORMERS

Kiki Rice, G – Fairfax Stars (2022)

Katie Fiso, G - Tree of Hope (2024)

Cori Allen, G - Tennessee Flight (2023)

JuJu Watkins, G - Cal Swish GBL (2022)

Reaction Score
Hana Muhl. Has anyone heard anything from/about her? I just looked at her films again and she is clearly a "gnat 2"....great floor sense, and a thief, just like her sister. I don't know her class, so there may not be room for her.
My, sentimental (?), vote is for Hana Muhl. I often watch her
highlight film from Europe. It seems that they have her height
down to 5 ' 7" from a previously listed 5' 8". Good
"gnat 2": with hustle, passing, 3 point shooting, defense/ steals,
as well as ENTHUSIASM!! Consider viewing the highlights.

Reaction Score

A talent that is opening the eyes of college coaches from across the country. Fiala, who had a Division I offer before she ever played a high school game, was recently offered by Maryland, which boasts one of the top programs in the country. Pitt, Penn State and Ohio State are some of the other schools that have already offered. And national powers such as Connecticut and Baylor are also keeping tabs on her, and it might not be long before they extend offers, as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

A talent that is opening the eyes of college coaches from across the country. Fiala, who had a Division I offer before she ever played a high school game, was recently offered by Maryland, which boasts one of the top programs in the country. Pitt, Penn State and Ohio State are some of the other schools that have already offered. And national powers such as Connecticut and Baylor are also keeping tabs on her, and it might not be long before they extend offers, as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2026? What is she, like 12 years old? Must be a beast! (of else we just hired Jeff Walz as our recruiting coordinator! :)

Around there, and UConn's already following. We'll see how she turns out but all signs indicate big-time talent.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

More from this article:

Fiala being 6-5 is obviously the biggest reason why she is in such high demand, but her AAU coach with the Western Pa. Bruins, Eddie Benton, said it’s much more than that.

“It’s the combination of her size and her ability to move,” Benton said. “Her mobility is amazing for someone her size. Her ability to run and catch. She has soft hands. She can catch. And her wingspan is so long that she can block and alter shots. I think all of that right there makes it a no-brainer.”

Will UConn eventually offer Fiala, too?

“It all depends on what UConn wants,” Benton said. “It’s a unique place. They recruit 10 kids every year and that’s it. It all depends who fits.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom