May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

just another example of why some wacky BY fans think Azzi may have an interest in attending UConn.................she certainly enjoys practicing/playing/hanging with UConn's other great guard of the future......................why not do it for three more years?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kayla McPherson ('21) plans on releasing a list of 7-10 schools soon, perhaps next week. She says she has no favorite at the moment.

A quick, diminutive PG who averages 36 ppg. She's certainly exciting--as were Moriah and Crystal!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How does Fudd compare to Skylar Diggins, and Odyssey Sims? Those are two very talented guards who did not play for UConn and the Huskies did just fine without them. However, I hope she commits to UConn. She has until next Spring to make her commitment to whatever school. That gives her plenty of time to think about it.
I have very little to add to what @CamrnCrz1974 has already thoroughly contributed.
Azzi is just a basketball savant who has mastered just about every fundamental aspect of the game at such an early age. Skylar Diggins and Odssey Sims are only good comparison if we are talking about the floor that Azzi will achieve. Azzi's ceiling might approach that of DT or Cheryl Miller.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A quick, diminutive PG who averages 36 ppg. She's certainly exciting--as were Moriah and Crystal!

She's a playmaker whose shot is not all that efficient yet. She averaged 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 6 steals this year as well. Supposedly really good defensively too.

A very good 1A to Azzi if the thing we don't want to happen happens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In one of the interviews/videos, Paige said her family is moving to Maryland. I don't know where. She could be up near Delaware, out toward West Virginia, on the Eastern Shore, or near D.C. My guess is that she'll be in the D.C. Metro Area, as that is a huge source of jobs, but I have no idea.
Somewhere close by the Fudd’s

Reaction Score
Here is my take. Since we all know nothing and insist on conjecture. Here is what will happen tonight. Azzi will let us all know she like the color purple. Toast over muffins. Jam over jelly and Nutella over peanut butter. She will also confirm she plans to play college basketball. I know all this because.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She's a playmaker whose shot is not all that efficient yet. She averaged 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 6 steals this year as well. Supposedly really good defensively too.

A very good 1A to Azzi if the thing we don't want to happen happens.
Every team should have a KMac. :D

Reaction Score
A tall order Indeed. I’m sure I’m not alone in my desire to want to watch her try. She would have to average 21.6 ppg for 4 years assuming she plays in 35 games a year.

Based on what I know of Azzi, and the videos I‘ve seen s as long with the reports of others that have seen her play in person, I thing she can do it, barring injury.

UConn players don't lead the nation in scoring. But if she played with a talent as large as her own, a person who would much rather make a great pass than score, then she could do it only because of her efficiency and the great looks her back court partner will give her. ;) ;) ;)

Reaction Score
UConn players don't lead the nation in scoring. But if she played with a talent as large as her own, a person who would much rather make a great pass than score, then she could do it only because of her efficiency and the great looks her back court partner will give her. ;) ;) ;)

that and the fact that a 15 foot jump shot is as easy as a layup for her.............:)

Reaction Score
that and the fact that a 15 foot jump shot is as easy as a layup for her.............:)
LOL right. But I was thinking about the looks she would get, and the quality of those looks. More than if her fellow guard were a score first type guard. Bueckers' ability to draw defenders and pass would make all of UConn's outside shooters more dangerous, none more than Fudd .... if she picks UConn. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Kayla McPherson ('21) plans on releasing a list of 7-10 schools soon, perhaps next week. She says she has no favorite at the moment.

Finally!! A post without mentioning Fudd.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Paige promised her 20 ppg.

The point about 15' jumpers being like layups is spot-on. Azzi doesn't need many shots to score 20 points. She shoots at a very high rate of efficiency, hits from the arc, and is nearly automatic at the line. I can see a stat line like: 4-6 inside the arc, 2-4 from the arc, and 6-6 on FTs. 20 points on 10 shots.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
PrepGirlsHoops has put out a 2021 top-100 list. Almost all of that site's output is subscription based but this is free.

Somewhat similar to ESPN w/ some exceptions. Ducharme noticeably higher.

DeBerry: 4

Poffenbarger: 9

Ducharme: 15

Fudd: 1

Iriafen: 11

McPherson: 13

Hollingshead: 17

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
PrepGirlsHoops has put out a 2021 top-100 list. Almost all of that site's output is subscription based but this is free.

Somewhat similar to ESPN w/ some exceptions. Ducharme noticeably higher.

DeBerry: 4

Poffenbarger: 9

Ducharme: 15

Fudd: 1

Iriafen: 11

McPherson: 13

Hollingshead: 17

Ducharme is listed at 6'1". That's fairly close, though she could be a little taller than that.

Reaction Score
LOL right. But I was thinking about the looks she would get, and the quality of those looks. More than if her fellow guard were a score first type guard. Bueckers' ability to draw defenders and pass would make all of UConn's outside shooters more dangerous, none more than Fudd .... if she picks UConn. :rolleyes:

watching UConn WBB is already must see TV..............with those two together it would be just one highlight after another.......

Reaction Score
1590627156311.jpeg

Maybe she follows her other “best friend”

Reaction Score
I am not trying to promote her starting as a freshman my comment was base don Why HASN'T SHE COMMITTED YET. The word HER being the point.

I'm not buying the point you made ---

"Geno and freshmen don't usually mix" for Fudd not to come to UCONN.

I think that's preposterous. If she doesn't come it will have nothing to do with "she doesn't mix with Geno."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom