Maryland With The #1 Recruiting Class In The Country | The Boneyard

Maryland With The #1 Recruiting Class In The Country

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Recruiting class rankings are fine however at UConn we only need to get who we want to fill the open positions that will becoming available. With that said Boston and Jones commitments/verbals will do that for us. With Dangerfield becoming a senior next year and CW a soph that makes room for Jones and with Paige and Azzi in the wings well you can see how they will fit in. IMO if they all commit they are looking at a few National Championships while at UConn. The UConn fans will have to wait and see so be patient.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Recruiting class rankings are fine however at UConn we only need to get who we want to fill the open positions that will becoming available. With that said Boston and Jones commitments/verbals will do that for us. With Dangerfield becoming a senior next year and CW a soph that makes room for Jones and with Paige and Azzi in the wings well you can see how they will fit in. IMO if they all commit they are looking at a few National Championships while at UConn. The UConn fans will have to wait and see so be patient.
As I’ve said before, UConn recruiting is not for the faint of heart. Last year Geno commented, “we identify the players we want early on and we go after them. We don’t have a plan B.”

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

This is a funny group. Maryland has two top 20 players and one top 30 player and a top 50 player in the bale ... hmmm no, creep! ... hmmmm no, in the group of verbally commitmented terrapins. (Odd no group name for terrapins) and UCONN has one top 40 player. Yet, you get grief. Same group of suspicious pessimists who won't embarace Boston as a done deal. Yet, they are sure in the end UCONN will have the best recruiting class. :rolleyes:;):D

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is a funny group. Maryland has two top 20 players and two other top 30 players in the bale ... hmmm no, creep! ... hmmmm no, in the group of verbally commitmented terrapins. (Odd no group name for terrapins) and UCONN has one top 40 player. Yet, you get grief. Same group of suspicious pessimists who won't embarace Boston as a done deal. Yet, they are sure in the end UCONN will have the best recruiting class. :rolleyes:;):D

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Seems like they emphasize quantity over quality...
Explain how Univ. of Maryland emphasizes quantity over quality particularly as it relates to Univ. So. Carolina's recruiting class. :confused:;)
1542141976257.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2019 Women's Basketball Class Rankings

South Carolina is poised to overtake them if they can sign two of the remaining undeclared players.

Definitely a bit premature..........................whoever signs Boston and or Jones will certainly see a major bump............................regardless I really like the Terp recruits...................Owusu is a matchup nightmare, so strong, surprisingly agile and extremely underrated as far as i'm concerned, very familiar with Diamond Miller as my daughter covered her for almost a half in the NJ TOC's last year..................extremely athletic with a very competitive disposition............and NJ shore girl Faith Masonius has been one of my favorites for quite sometime....................just a complete basketball player with great court sense.....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Definitely a bit premature......whoever signs Boston and or Jones will certainly see a major bump........regardless I really like the Terp recruits....Owusu is a matchup nightmare, so strong, surprisingly agile and extremely underrated as far as i'm concerned, very familiar with Diamond Miller as my daughter covered her for almost a half in the NJ TOC's last year...extremely athletic with a very competitive disposition..and NJ shore girl Faith Masonius has been one of my favorites for quite sometime.....just a complete basketball player with great court sense.....
Yeah, Owusu is surprisingly agile. She doesn't look like a player when standing around, but she's quite good.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Owusu is surprisingly agile. She doesn't look like a player when standing around, but she's quite good.

when she protects the basketball it's practically impossible to take the ball from her off the dribble..............she just out muscles any guard covering her..........not sure about her stamina at the collegiate level..........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Explain how Univ. of Maryland emphasizes quantity over quality particularly as it relates to Univ. So. Carolina's recruiting class. :confused:;)
View attachment 36300

I was referring more to Michigan state than to Maryland. I think the top 5 will change after the early signing period.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
It is always a challenge to rate recruiting classes. When evaluating a class, the reviewers ignore positional need, but of course the coaches cannot. But I don't expect the reviewers to include that level of detail in their analysis, nor should they. But I still believe that they value quantity over quality. Here are the recruiting classes based on Hoopgurlz rating, since that is the rating from their website:
  1. Maryland: 5, 18, 30, 49
  2. Ohio State: 6, 24, 39, 41
  3. Stanford: 15, 23, 50
  4. Michigan State: 57, 70, 75, 84, 93, (edited to fix my error)
  5. South Carolina: 7, 13, a 3-star
  6. USC: 36, 40, 63, a 3-star (added Rogers #35, but she was not included in this analysis)
  7. NC State: 17, 32, two 3-stars
  8. Tennessee: 2, 46, a 3-star
  9. UCLA: 14, 22 two 3-stars
  10. Notre Dame: 4, 21
  11. Missouri: 8, 29, a 3-star
  12. Duke: 58, 65, 81
  13. Georgia: 28, 38, a 3-star
  14. Louisville: 12, 99, a 3-star
  15. Florida State: 27, 37, a 3-star
  16. Oregon State: 19, 42
  17. Penn State: 59, 61, two 3-stars
  18. Indiana: 52, 53, two 3-stars
  19. Miss. State: 88, 98, two 3-stars
  20. LSU: 26, 71
A couple of questions:

Are NC State's pair of 3-star recruits really that much better than UCLA's two 3-star recruits?

If Notre Dame recruited a student athlete that was rated 60th, would they vault ahead of Stanford into 3rd place?

Is Florida State's class really worse than Duke's?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
and the biggest question of all on this site....................will UConn be on the list at by the end of November?....................awfully disturbing if not................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom