Maryland is subpoenaing the world | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maryland is subpoenaing the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This on top of the fact that AAC is full of urban schools that are UL's peers. UCONN has nothing in common with those schools. The crime of it all is the fact ESPiN used its gopher the ACC to destroy UCONN's former conference while leaving UCONN out of the P5. I feel if nothing else happens in the next few years and UCONN's BE exit money dries up, it is time to file that lawsuit.

This state flagship stuff leaves me cold...so FSU, Michigan State aren't worthy because they aren't a flagship?

Reaction Score
The truth is that the Big East was the weak one.....the one that would be consumed by the stronger.

Just as BE teams aspired to be invited to the ACC, CUSA teams aspired to be invited to the Big East.

Whose fault is that?

Reaction Score
But why wouldn't you pick Louisville for athletics...a national champion in basketball, a BCS bowl winner, a college world series team..

Sure, UConn can sniff about doing better in a brain bowl...but Louisville is much better then UConn of late in basketball, football, and baseball.
In basketball? You serious? As for football, I wouldn't be surprised if Clint Hurtt lined up some tricks for recruits.

We have more championships than FSU.

Reaction Score
The truth is that the Big East was the weak one.....the one that would be consumed by the stronger.

Just as BE teams aspired to be invited to the ACC, CUSA teams aspired to be invited to the Big East.

Whose fault is that?

Then I suggest you ACC doods lay off Maryland cause as you said, B1G is stronger and it is in their right to take ACC teams now and in the future. You guys should just back up and let them go on the original terms vs. trying SO HARD to make it difficult for them by putting up barrier after barrier.

BTW, Einstein, I don't have a problem ACC inviting BE teams in the open. The issue I do have is how they did it. They did the slim ball style such as: in the dark alley, use confidential information provided by their sugar daddy ESPiN, and with their mole Pitt president as the head of the BE TV committee.

Reaction Score
But why wouldn't you pick Louisville for athletics...a national champion in basketball, a BCS bowl winner, a college world series team..

Sure, UConn can sniff about doing better in a brain bowl...but Louisville is much better then UConn of late in basketball, football, and baseball.

Are you freaking serious? Just a few years ago UL football was in the gutter. While they just hired one of the biggest scumbags back as their FB HC, I guess you can related since FSU also have their win at all cost mentality. These things go in cycles. You sure they will be good in FB forever? Their history isn't exactly glowing.

Let's face it, ACC got scared and desperate. They change their criteria for invitation each and every time. They got scared cause someone stronger like the B1G is coming to pick it apart.

Based on your criteria, how do you explain Pitt and SU? Their FB, BB, or baseball are no better than UCONN yet there they are.

BTW, UCONN has TWO basketball teams with multiple national championships. I wish I can say the same for UL because they are not in the same atmosphere.

Reaction Score
In basketball? You serious? As for football, I wouldn't be surprised if Clint Hurtt lined up some tricks for recruits.

We have more championships than FSU.

Yeah right...folks dying to get UConn because of all of those non football championships?

Reaction Score
Yeah right...folks dying to get UConn because of all of those non football championships?
Having watched the SEC's channel, I am of those who think that "football drives the bus" is mostly talk. Somewhere above 50%.

Reaction Score
UConn folks feel stiffed. A natural feeling.

And won't give recognition that Louisville had any benefit to the ACC....OK. I get that.

And I get it that UConn folks have no hard feelings about Rutgers going to the Big Ten because, well, Rutgers was just smarter.

But, I, as an FSU guy, can see how Louisville was a good choice for us...I have no feel whatsoever of Rutgers over UConn. Both teams were on the dark side of the moon from the south of Georgis perspective.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the Louisville-Rutgers men's basketball game at the AAC tournament? During this go around, that's what the ACC focused on more than academics. And as I have stated very clearly many times in a couple of other threads, the academics between Louisville and other choices are not dramatically different. I would have liked to have seen the ACC invite UConn, and I still do. But it is not because of academics. If it were academics, I'd be pushing for Yale instead (good academics, same state).
WTF is that supposed to prove?? L'ville creamed RU therefor they deserve above UConn the invite?RU had packed it in....wrote this season off and even done better than expected. Everyone knows a bad team got worse after EJ had to start from scratch with a patchwork team and no recruits yet after the Mike Rice incident......what is with you and RU?? I'd love to meet you to talk someday about you're arrogant disdain for RU? Louisville is another of you're darling school's it seem's!! Alway's with the snobby Va attitude ticks me off !! BTW Stimp isn't RU's mens Lax team playing Denver tonight and aren't they now ranked (RU)in Lax?

Reaction Score
Oh my god! Lacrosse!

Rutgers is a giant. Why didn't I know?

Reaction Score
BB seem's phony just a smartazz FlaSt booster with no sense but St.Stimpy ring's like an ACC plant.....smooth for the most part...too self assured for a VA booster who at best are middle to lower tier of the ACC buzz wise in the major sport's(yes I know their BB team is ranked this yr) and arrogantly unflappable. He's all about the Directors Cup probably cause it suits his purpose!! Then again what do we know in comparison to him as boosters of major NE university's?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't take the heat Nicky?

After attempting to plump up Rutger's lacrosse like a spinster beating an old lumpy pillow?

Well, my syntax challenged, punctuation ambivalent friend, .

Your leaving would leave indeed a void on the board that mine would not...not in intelligent conversation, but certainly in comedic relief which is sorely needed from time to time.

Reaction Score
Nicky...FSU is FSU.

Conference shmonference. Rutgers is, well, Rutgers.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score

Your original comment that drew fire was that the B1G picking Rutgers over UConn was at least as egregious as the ACC picking Louisville over UConn, despite there being no evidence that the B1G picked Rutgers over UConn or that UConn was even under serious consideration by the B1G, while we have ample evidence that the ACC's choice was between UConn and Louisville.

Here you are shifting the argument to why it did, in fact, make sense for the ACC to pick Louisville over UConn, and it's entirely based on short term thinking--Louisville is hot right now. And I mean I agree, the UL > UConn choice was entirely based on short term thinking by a nervous, scared league that had just been raided, so a questionable choice is understandable, if not an actual good decision.

Reaction Score

After attempting to plump up Rutger's lacrosse like a spinster beating an old lumpy pillow?

Your leaving would leave indeed a void on the board that mine would not...not in intelligent conversation, but certainly in comedic relief which is sorely needed from time to time.
Funny BB.... just recently I found an old flame I lost touch with in 1980 though sheer quirky coincidence and in coming here to see you're doing tha ACC samo samo I wondered what I could gain listening to you're garbage or spend some quality time with my 49 yr old lost GF? Who do you think won Einstein? If FSU's so great what do you bother coming here for? To gloat?BTW,hows Dook and SU doing?How about Mercer C? I rest my case hillbilly.

Reaction Score

Fluff up? Heat...ha ha ha ha ha....you need a break from the message boards if you're looking for mensa canditates here in a place where you consider us like a " bunch of guys in a bar talking sports"(you're words)....btw what the heck are you concerned about my syntax for ? What do you think you are.. Professor of the BY?

Reaction Score
Your original comment that drew fire was that the B1G picking Rutgers over UConn was at least as egregious as the ACC picking Louisville over UConn, despite there being no evidence that the B1G picked Rutgers over UConn or that UConn was even under serious consideration by the B1G, while we have ample evidence that the ACC's choice was between UConn and Louisville.

Here you are shifting the argument to why it did, in fact, make sense for the ACC to pick Louisville over UConn, and it's entirely based on short term thinking--Louisville is hot right now. And I mean I agree, the UL > UConn choice was entirely based on short term thinking by a nervous, scared league that had just been raided, so a questionable choice is understandable, if not an actual good decision.
He's an arrogant buffoon who always changes direction under fire to avoid being exposed as a fraud.

Reaction Score
Nicky...FSU is FSU.

Conference shmonference. Rutgers is, well, Rutgers.
Whats FSU's excuse been then in FB excepting this yr never achieving with ton's of talent? Well their just FSU always looking up at UF or should I say ?

Reaction Score

You make it sound as if the 2 schools are worlds apart in athletics. Except for the facts that UConn and UL are .500 head to head in FB since they both joined the BE/AAC (little nugget for you since on field results is the driver for who should be selected...UConn has a better head to head record against SU, Pitt, and .500 v UL in FB, and in BB only UL comes remotely close to UConn). UConn won their 3rd NC in hoops over a 12 year period in '11, UL won their 3rd over a 34 year period in '13, UL made the CWS a couple years back, around same time UConn was in a Super Regional losing to eventual NC USCe, UConn has won national titles in multiple sports over the last few years,. So other than that, you're right, UL is far superior on spor........never mind.

But hey, UL had a great 2012 season, and was red hot when the ACC needed a team.

Reaction Score
I, maybe due to my location and interests, never had a clue that the B1G was considering Rutgers until the deed was imminent.

One would think that if UConn was AAU...they would have been a viable candidate for the Big Ten, offering better sports then Rutgers and still offering access to NY (from what I've read on this board).

Louisville was, at the time of ACC acquisition, in a good place. Football, basketball, and baseball were perking at a high level. The ESPN viewer numbers for Louisville were good. They were not another northeastern team (a plus as far as Clemson and FSU were concerned). And they were a somewhat familiar face having played in the Metro Conference with FSU.

If you were a southern ACC program, desperately wanting to augment the football presence, Louisville looked to be a good pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22