Maryland Game Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Maryland Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
upload_2016-12-29_21-31-49.png

Reaction Score
I guess if playing in pain and barfing on the sideline and then scoring 23 is growing up---//???
To me the maturation of KLS was--sick or well--she had done this before- She put the team on her scoring hand and got into a zone--taking shots from every possible position and angle--and making them.
If not for her break back shots in the 2nd half--bye bye 87--bye bye 90;91 and a new record.
Unlike a KML KLS as a soph is not just a 3 ball shooter--
The way Gabby, Collier, KLS played you'd think this their senior year.
Kia--was the main shaft keeping this machine running in the right direction --Kia --is so important to this teams success--many of us hype up everyone else and forget all she does to make ThEm successful.

Reaction Score
I guess if playing in pain and barfing on the sideline and then scoring 23 is growing up---//???
To me the maturation of KLS was--sick or well--she had done this before- She put the team on her scoring hand and got into a zone--taking shots from every possible position and angle--and making them.
If not for her break back shots in the 2nd half--bye bye 87--bye bye 90;91 and a new record.
Unlike a KML KLS as a soph is not just a 3 ball shooter--
The way Gabby, Collier, KLS played you'd think this their senior year.
Kia--was the main shaft keeping this machine running in the right direction --Kia --is so important to this teams success--many of us hype up everyone else and forget all she does to make ThEm successful.

This team has 4 all-americans. Not sure who to rate 1st team or 2nd team etc.

And they have three players that can step up and be very, very, very productive.

A very nice 7 player rotation.

The team can take another "quantum leap" if Danger can impose more of her will. But she still isn't ready yet.

Reaction Score
Pre-Stewart. Also worked for Candace Parker.

You can't use Parker completely - at least not in the context of MDoggie's initial post. Here is what Slocum said:

"I've never given UConn a thought -- that's not the school for me. I want to make a name for myself and my team and do something that's never been done before. That would be fun."

What Parker did at Tenn was already done before.

Reaction Score
You can't use Parker completely - at least not in the context of MDoggie's initial post. Here is what Slocum said:

"I've never given UConn a thought -- that's not the school for me. I want to make a name for myself and my team and do something that's never been done before. That would be fun."

Lawyered.

Reaction Score

What is it that Slocum thinks as "do something that's never been done before" ?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
She better hope she does not play Uconn again. Geno will have the plan to stop her as he had with Diggins, Mitchell, Davis, etc.

She'll look forward to the challenge - but the next game she plays UCONN - it won't be in the friendly confines of home. And I'd like to think Danger will have something thing more to prove to herself and Auriemma. I didn't think MD could stop us at all.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No doubt but let's not think she scores like this all the time. In the 3 games before this she had 13, 9 and 8. Tonight was a great performance by her but it will be interesting to see if she builds on it.
This board has a knack of thinking that because a player has ONE great game (see Dangerfield) that player is going to be a star. As you have shown, this game was not a norm for her. If MD plays Uconn again I believe Uconn will be all over her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This board has a knack of thinking that because a player has ONE great game (see Dangerfield) that player is going to be a star. As you have shown, this game was not a norm for her. If MD plays Uconn again I believe Uconn will be all over her.
And UCONN would have no need to be "all over her" if they didn't think she was going to be a star.

Reaction Score
I thought UConn was all over her tonight defensively. I don't recall any wide open shots. There was a hand in her face, and you really can't ask much more than that from the defense. Slocum was hitting them from well behind the line. It was just her night. Can she do it again if these teams match up in the tourney? Maybe, but I certainly wouldn't count on it if I'm Coach Frese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom