Martin’s Layup Yips | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Martin’s Layup Yips

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I will say what I always say: dunk the ball. Don’t be cute. Draw the foul, take the ball up strong, don’t play patty cake with it.
Anyone else old enough to remember when dunking was considered showboating? I remember color guys saying "Just lay it in."

Reaction Score
Find something better to do than pick out the negatives..he does so much more that you focus on..
It's totally justifiable to point out when a guy that's 6'6" can't seem to make a one-foot shot. It's happened multiple times in multiple games. Of course he does a lot of good things. But you kinda expect a guy to make a shot from a foot away.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anyone else old enough to remember when dunking was considered showboating? I remember color guys saying "Just lay it in."
In fairness, there used to be a lot more showboating on dunks. Ray Allen would routinely use the two handed reverse jam.

"Dunk" used to be what seemed like a dirty word at the college level. Not too long ago, it was often referred to as, "the high percentage shot."

Reaction Score
At 6'5 he's getting some contested and some blocked, an occasional ball fake will help him as he'll have more time he does rush some put backs. And not only him, but I wish more guys would use the glass that's why it's there. The square will help as well.

Reaction Score
Best basketball tip I ever got, "Use the glass" if your short after that it could still go in. Short to the basket, will never go in.
Never up, never in.

Reaction Score
Last 5 minutes..Wasn't seeing "yips"going to the hole.. Onions..
The problem with the "Yips" is he so use to overpowering people with his brute strength. He just needs to use more finesse at times like Bouk. Maybe Bouk can teach a little how to finish at the rim. Martin definitely has the skills to get to the rim and be a big time player but just a little more finishing will make him unstoppable. Also, hit those FT's.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The problem with the "Yips" is he so use to overpowering people with his brute strength. He just needs to use more finesse at times like Bouk. Maybe Bouk can teach a little how to finish at the rim. Martin definitely has the skills to get to the rim and be a big time player but just a little more finishing will make him unstoppable. Also, hit those FT's.
FTs are more frustrating then not finessing

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind an occasional dunk from in close.. Not sure he has the quick hops that some of our guys have..

Glad to have him along for the ride this year.. Great energy/attitude....

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Let Martin be Pippen and and Bouk be Jordan rotating who brings the ball up

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind an occasional dunk from in close.. Not sure he has the quick hops that some of our guys have..

Glad to have him along for the ride this year.. Great energy/attitude....
I saw the quick hops in games with some of his dunks. I think he needs to implement that at times but he likes the spin move a lot and is normally off balance and can't gather. Probably another reason for the easy missed shots. Just needs to tighten up his game. I'm glad we have him for sure as if he was in a redshirt year I couldn't imagine who we could turn to for scoring. Maybe look for more inside scoring. We barely looked to score inside this game with post moves which was surprising since how well we did against Butler.

Reaction Score
I don’t get it. I don’t get it. Tonight he made some important ones at an important time. That’s all that matters to me!

Reaction Score
Martin did it all tonight. Both good and bad. I did like seeing him being so aggressive. I can't say it was pretty to watch. Looked like a game of 21 at times or an unorganized pickup game. Still nice to see Martin step up.

Reaction Score
Stop using the left hand so much. John Wooden said the left handed layup is the most unnecessary shot in basketball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom