Marquette Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
So nice seeing them enjoying this moment togther. End of the day they are a bunch of kids who’ve spent months on end away from home, not seeing families, isolated in their rooms or practice facility but who just love each other and enjoy each other and you can see that with them having fun now. Good to see the team spirit with everyone involved and they’ve got all staff and even Kathy A involved with the confetti! Infectious group this is ??

Reaction Score
After the 1st Q we went into cruise control for an easy win. Defense was great. Another conference championship and on to the big dance.

Anyone have an idea of why Paige dribbled down the clock on two possessions, both resulting in shot clock violations?
Perhaps out of respect to Marquete. No need to rub it in with more celebrating.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I thought their celebration, all of them in on it, was the best part of the season. These kids love each other and their joy is contagious. They are just so much fun to watch when they interact freely. I suggest a a song from all of us, to all of them.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Marquette's FT defense was fierce, though, as we only shot 54% at 6-11!
We had to go 4-4 down the stretch to make it even slightly respectable - before that I was thinking they should just shoot them from the three point line. we were shooting 2-7 on FT and 8-15 from three before Williams and then Mir each hit 2-2 on FT while the team was going 1-3 on threes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Marguette is not anywhere near a great team. At the end of the tournament each year in women's basketball, after looking at who beat who to get to the final four, we find there are 1-4 great teams, 6-10 very good teams and then the rest of the field. it is not possible for anything else because the really good players, of which there are not many are scooped up by the same teams year after year.
Normally I agree but not this year. I don't think you have 4 great teams this years I think you have 8 very very good teams and another 8 that could be wildcards and make a run to the final 4.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Congrats to the team and staff for winning the regular season and tournament championships. No easy feat, especially this season.

Selena Lott - 2 points. Laura van Kluenen had 6 points on 3 - 13 shooting. That is some great defense.

The best was the post game celebration. The team was having fun. The smiles on their faces, especially Evina, Christyn and Olivia was priceless.

Reaction Score
UConn played very well in the Big East Tournament. Unfortunately, the Big East just doesn’t provide any competition for UConn. It’s not a good look for the league when the #1 team beats the #2 team by 40 points on a neutral floor. Hopefully some of the teams will step up their game in the next few years.

Reaction Score
The defense is totally team. They switch so well on screens and recover to their player so well. The bigs do a jump-out double team switch and suffocate the offensive player. Anybody that gets beat has Liv the Protector to stop them. She is the key to it all. The offense is coming around Christyn is playing well and Paige found her game again. Although she had too many turnovers tonight. Nobody is perfect I guess but she is close.

Reaction Score
After the 1st Q we went into cruise control for an easy win. Defense was great. Another conference championship and on to the big dance.

Anyone have an idea of why Paige dribbled down the clock on two possessions, both resulting in shot clock violations?
Instructions from the bench for game management. It was late in the half and things had gotten a little helter skelter, so we settled it down to make sure we didn’t let Marquette get many more possessions to get much closer before halftime.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
What a great bunch of kids. All of the tension of the season, the disappointment of the loss against of Arkansas, the concern of seeing the injuries to Anna, Paige, Evina, Nika . . . it all melts away seeing how much fun these kids are having and how huge the smiles are.

Reaction Score
Instructions from the bench for game management. It was late in the half and things had gotten a little helter skelter, so we settled it down to make sure we didn’t let Marquette get many more possessions to get much closer before halftime.
Good point! Also, Geno has a sixth sense when he feels the team might be a bit tired from running nonstop & he allows them to catch tneir breath. LOL..but they have trouble jumpstarting once they turn off their engines for a few seconds.

Reaction Score
Hello Debbie Downer here. Turnovers , Free throw %,, and outscored in the second Qtr. All subpar compared to the rest of the game. Ok They won by 34 but should have been 50.
A lot of the turnovers were due to miscommunication. They broke the wrong way or didn't break to the open spot. That is something that I think they can clean up pretty easily. As far as free throws goes, it just seems like they have some bad games from the line, occasionally. I just hope they don't have one of these in one of the close games in the tournament.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn Conference Championship games winning margins the past 11 years.
20/21 - 34 - BE
19/20 - 34 - AAC
18/19 - 21 - AAC
17/18 - 16 - AAC
16/17 - 56 - AAC
15/16 - 26 - AAC
14/15 - 14 - AAC
13/14 - 20 - AAC
12/13 - -2 (loss to ND) Old BE
11/12 - 9 - Old BE
10/11 - 9 - Old BE

UConn belongs in a tougher conference. Yes you can have a blow out in a championship game but nearly every year? There was nothing better than the Old BE.

Reaction Score
I my mind, one of Nika's best games. Kept her turnovers and fouls in check. Made enough shots that she needed to be guarded. Good job on defense filling the passing lanes. While those that enjoy her fist pumps and energy didn't see as much excitement as normal but this was the type of performance that wins championships.

Reaction Score
UConn Conference Championship games winning margins the past 11 years.
20/21 - 34 - BE
19/20 - 34 - AAC
18/19 - 21 - AAC
17/18 - 16 - AAC
16/17 - 56 - AAC
15/16 - 26 - AAC
14/15 - 14 - AAC
13/14 - 20 - AAC
12/13 - -2 (loss to ND) Old BE
11/12 - 9 - Old BE
10/11 - 9 - Old BE

UConn belongs in a tougher conference. Yes you can have a blow out in a championship game but nearly every year? There was nothing better than the Old BE.
What out what you ask for. In a normal year, UConn plays about half the Top 10 and has one of the hardest schedules in the US. Add Baylor, Stanford, and 3 other Top 20 teams and you have no doubt how good UConn is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom