Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Instead of saying they avoided a brutal loss you can acknowledge this was a really good win. It’s OK.
i didn't say they avoided a brutal loss. I said they refused to allow themselves to lose. get over yourself

Reaction Score
Jackson’s probably our best player with the entry passes to Sanogo. He’s got good touch. But him being on the court hurts Martin who relies on spacing and likes isos. It gives Sanogo less space to operate. As long as Hawkins is a willing distributor we’re better off, certainly offensively, with him on the court. Because his shooting ability mostly.
I hear you on a lot of the points but Jackson is the only other capable ball handler that can distribute. Hawkins helps with the spacing but he is neither of those things.

Reaction Score
There is a difference. But you can’t help but notice the boneyard is significantly more quiet than the last two games. Some posters are also….absent for a lack of better words. I don’t think anyone views you as one of those negative feeding posters though

He had them very ready tonight and it was fun to see them play offense like they did in the first half. 2nd half wasn’t pretty but not on coach either too many brain fart possessions which help keep them in the game. We are still not great with leads but no reason to whine tonight just enjoy!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Like I said previously: we are a bad matchup for Marquette. Unfortunately, Creighton and Villanova are bad matchups for us.

Reaction Score
I just got home from the game so I haven't had a chance to read throught this entire thread yet. This is the first time I've had the privilege to see Tyrese martin in person and that kid is a warrior. On TV he may miss some bunnies you'd wish he made but in person he never stops fighting and defending and coming up with timely rebounds. I underappreciated how important he is to this squads success.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Credit where due. The guys stepped up. Played harder, made some shots and some really huge plays in other phases of the game. Rebounding was epic. The staff also stepped up, the pace in the first half, with shots early in the clock or in transition were critical. That was by design to help shake our shooting woes. I’d be interested in our shooting percentage in the first 15 seconds of the shot clock, vs the last 15.

Plenty of mistakes as well, and I give Hurley credit for realizing that playing fast will mean more mistakes and not overreacting to them. Jackson and others can still do better, but it’s a trade-off we need.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Brick laying was not in evidence. Just a couple of cold spots.

Biggest factor was we knocked down open looks.

I know they were monsters on the boards and did a lot of stuff well, but those good looks from 3 going down tonight instead of lately they did not, THAT stopped runs and got the W.

Confident shooters makes this team VERY dangerous.

Reaction Score
Thought we got Marquette to play our game. We killed them on the boards, they didnt really have an answer for Sanogo and we made shots when we needed them. When this team gets out in transition they look so much better on offense. 87% from free throw line is huge. We give up so many point not making those.

Reaction Score
Just got home from HCC. Haven't walked out of an arena feeling this good since Houston @ Gampel. Very nice crowd, made noise when we had to and everyone was standing for the critical Jackson steal and 3 ORB possession.

In 2022, there is something weird going on in XL. Crazy bounces in the Creighton game and now Red Panda dropping a cup.

Why was Hawkins sitting for the first 6 minutes of 2H??

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My gripe is Polley didn't get the rock in the 2nd half. He was open several times when the pass went elsewhere. And the shot missed.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Like I said previously: we are a bad matchup for Marquette. Unfortunately, Creighton and Villanova are bad matchups for us.
Yea we are. Most teams have to double Lewis and Morsell we have the athletes and the size to play them straight up. They also can’t defend bigs and we have sanogo

Reaction Score
Love how Hawkins and Polley combined for 16 points on only eight shots. Both efficient. Sadly though, I think they are our only two options off the bench moving forward. Unfortunately, the Gaffney regression continues. Both turnovers in his four minutes of play were cringeworthy.

Reaction Score
Tonight was a great win!!!

Got tickets for the wife and I for this Sunday's machup against the Johnies. Lets pack the house with UConn fans and do them a favor (attendance has been very poor for Johnies at MSG this year).

Currently here at MSG watching Nova @ St. Johns and the entire upper deck is empty. Covid has definitely somewhat killed the college basketball culture in the region

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Love how Hawkins and Polley combined for 16 points on only eight shots. Both efficient. Sadly though, I think they are our only two options off the bench moving forward. Unfortunately, the Gaffney regression continues. Both turnovers in his four minutes of play were cringeworthy.
And we desperately need Gaffney to at least be serviceable as a backup PG. If Cole gets in foul trouble or hurt we’re absolutely screwed. We’ll look like Seton Hall without Aiken.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Solid all around performance from the team. We sweep Marquette. Marquette sweeps Nova. If that Nova game was not already circled it should be.

Reaction Score
Just got home from HCC. Haven't walked out of an arena feeling this good since Houston @ Gampel. Very nice crowd, made noise when we had to and everyone was standing for the critical Jackson steal and 3 ORB possession.

In 2022, there is something weird going on in XL. Crazy bounces in the Creighton game and now Red Panda dropping a cup.

Why was Hawkins sitting for the first 6 minutes of 2H??

hurley needs to burn the sage again

Reaction Score
XL was fun tonight. Can't wait for Friday. I think Hurley was A+ tonight.
5 mins before tip place was empty. I was thinking oh here we go again — but the place filled up decently and was into it for most of the game. It was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom