Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Hurley knows how to coach now? And the amateur athletes know how to play now? And the ebbs and flows of a CBB season happen now? Asking for a friend
Our team are men not boys now. Lmaoo

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I like the way we look with Hawkins at SG over Jackson. Our offense has much better spacing, looks more under control and organized. Although Jackson is an elite defender Hawkins is still a very good defender.

Reaction Score
Outside of the 45 second spat of: RJ missed 3, Morsell 3, Adama missed Dunk, another Marquette 3

And the Adama bad turnover, bad force, caught in no mans land on switch spat

That was 38.5 minutes of pretty good basketball.
That about sums it up.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the Hurley haters will find something to criticize.
Is there a difference between Hurley haters and those who question some things just curious? I mean he’s not immune when they’re awful and they were the 2 games prior. No one wanted him fired either but many exaggerated that as well.

They were good tonight let’s see a couple more this week! Huge win DH was good.

Reaction Score
I like the way we look with Hawkins at SG over Jackson. Our offense has much better spacing, looks more under control and organized. Although Jackson is an elite defender Hawkins is still a very good defender.
Probably the biggest factor playing Jackson is that he allows Cole to slide off-ball for stretches. The stat sheet does not fully show how important Jackson is in running the offense.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Must win and the best was that UConn virtually led throughout the entire game
Martin was the most important player on the court - he did the little things to come up with some HUGE numbers
Yeah Sanogo has numbers but also some real bonehead plays
The final minute rebounding fest was so impressive - those things usually are enjoyed by the opponent and sting UConn
I felt fairly good about this game because UConn matches up very closely to Marquette in how they play the game so it would come down to who could execute better and for the second game UConn had enough of the better play to come out on top - Shaka must hate seeing Martin.
Still think that Hawkins needs to see much more of the floor
Good win, Must win now UConn has to remember what went well and try to use it to mandate pace in these next few games - lots of games in a little time span - UConn has to be ready

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Sigh…good win…that’s all.

Reaction Score
Is there a difference between Hurley haters and those who question some things just curious? I mean he’s not immune when they’re awful and they were the 2 games prior. No one wanted him fired either but many exaggerated that as well.

They were good tonight let’s see a couple more this week! Huge win DH was good.
There is a difference. But you can’t help but notice the boneyard is significantly more quiet than the last two games. Some posters are also….absent for a lack of better words. I don’t think anyone views you as one of those negative feeding posters though

Reaction Score
Great win! Offense looked more aggressive and they had no answer for Sanogo. He’s such a stud. Best big we’ve had in a long time.

Loved the collective team energy in general. When Tyrese is on, we’re a different team and feed off his energy.

Let’s save the bubbly for now. Hurley deserves warranted criticism for our awful guard situation that makes everything harder than it should be.

Like someone said above I think he’s recruiting more skilled/flexible players going forward. (Karaban, Castle, Floyd)

Reaction Score
Huge win first half was so crisp on offense. Great to see lots of movement, making shots and not many stupid passes. 2nd half a little scary but toughed it out really needed it. Get the next 2 now.

I see posh in a boot tonight how bad?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Probably the biggest factor playing Jackson is that he allows Cole to slide off-ball for stretches. The stat sheet does not fully show how important Jackson is in running the offense.
Jackson’s probably our best player with the entry passes to Sanogo. He’s got good touch. But him being on the court hurts Martin who relies on spacing and likes isos. It gives Sanogo less space to operate. As long as Hawkins is a willing distributor we’re better off, certainly offensively, with him on the court. Because his shooting ability mostly.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Very entertaining game - Big East style.

Very good win. Sanogo played great.

Keep the throw back uniforms. They look great.

Reaction Score
this team showed some fight for the first time in a while. that possession near the end and the Jackson steal looked like a team that wasn't going to allow themselves to go through a brutal loss again. let's keep it up.
Instead of saying they avoided a brutal loss you can acknowledge this was a really good win. It’s OK.

Reaction Score
It sure feels like this game may have been a crossroads for our season. A loss would’ve made things really dark and glim. A win and some momentum heading into Xavier, now opens up a bunch of positive possibilities seeding wise
Totally agree with this. It was must win game tonight or the season could have turned quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom