Marisa Moseley heading to Wisconsin | The Boneyard

Marisa Moseley heading to Wisconsin

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
WOW is right. Big Congrats to Marisa!!!

She was an assistant there before so she has some idea of the landscape. Kudos to the AD and university for doing some serious homework.

Wishing her all the best.

Reaction Score
Best of luck coach
tipping derek jeter GIF

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wisconsin has been going after all the big name coaching trees:

Jane Albright coached in the 90s and was from Pat's coaching tree

Bobbi Kelsey coached in the early 2010s and was a former player/assistant for Tara Vanderveer

The most recent coach, Tsipis, coached under Muffet for several years.

Now Geno's tree gets a shot. Wisconsin is consistently strong in most sports but for whatever reason hasn't found any success in women's basketball despite being a great college town, having ample in state talent and a fan base that's very supportive of women's sports. I hope she does well.

Reaction Score
Wow that's great for Marisa! Wisconsin is a long way from civilization in the Northeast, but Madison is a great town. Hopefully she can get WBB on the map there.

Trend developing with UConn-affiliated coaches following Tsipis?

Reaction Score
This is a head scratcher to me. 3 years at low major with good, not great, results. Little local connection.

That said I have heard she's very impressive in person.

In any event, congrats to her!
If she can turn things around there, she would be a Geno replacement contender!

Reaction Score
that was quick............if she gets that program back to becoming a consistent 500 plus team she may be in serious consideration for a top job in the future.......

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Congrats to Marisa!

It is a good step up for her and an area of the country that she is not completely unfamiliar with. I also think it is going to be an easier few years to get talented players with the opening of the transfer portal and a bunch of players with an extra year of eligibility as grad transfer candidates. She has from outside at least a personality that I think will appeal to transfers.

It is a little concerning for me that Wisconsin has been a black hole for a decade. And in what is looking like a reviving Big10. Some heavy lifting ahead for her. One always wonders about just how well Power5 ADs and other football power schools ADs are going to support a women's team. But Wisconsin's last hire looked great on paper and was probably a hot commodity, and I think Marisa would fall into that category as well, so at least that suggests a certain commitment.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congrats to Marisa!

It is a good step up for her and an area of the country that she is not completely unfamiliar with. I also think it is going to be an easier few years to get talented players with the opening of the transfer portal and a bunch of players with an extra year of eligibility as grad transfer candidates. She has from outside at least a personality that I think will appeal to transfers.

It is a little concerning for me that Wisconsin has been a black hole for a decade. And in what is looking like a reviving Big10. Some heavy lifting ahead for her. One always wonders about just how well Power5 ADs and other football power schools ADs are going to support a women's team. But Wisconsin's last hire looked great on paper and was probably a hot commodity, and I think Marisa would fall into that category as well, so at least that suggests a certain commitment.
I just became a Univ. of Wisconsin WBB fan. They're getting a good one. She will breathe new life and energy into that program. It may take her a couple of years to rebuild it, but it will be done.

If Jen Rizzotti can't find a position that suits her, perhaps she would consider taking a year off, and join Marisa to help her get that program going again under new leadership.

Congrats to Marisa. She paid her dues at Boston Univ. She was finally able to walk the length of the rice paper without leaving any footprints. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is a little concerning for me that Wisconsin has been a black hole for a decade. A
Had Lisa Stone (now at SLU) in the 2000s. Last 5 years went to NCAAs once and WNIT 4 times. Last two years finished 3rd in the conference. Fired. (2011).

Last time Wisconsin had a winning season, and they have not been better than 9th in conference since.
They've had two coaches go five years each.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
She deserves it but it is a risky move. The program does not have a good history, in fact one of the worst in a loaded Big Ten. The league sent four teams to the Sweet Sixteen this year. No doubt she can coach but can she recruit in the midwest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom