March Other Big East Games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

March Other Big East Games

Reaction Score
I don’t know how Tennessee has any argument to be ranked or seeded higher than UConn
Neither do I and they just lost Ziegler to a torn ACL which will cause them to play worse if not lose earlier than anticipated in the SEC tournament.

Reaction Score
You certainly can, but if the whistles are blowing switching into zone may be a way to go.
It definitely has to be a consideration. Seton Hall has better 1 on 1 defenders than UConn and they switched to zone and it really flummoxed Providence and made them take more time on each possession when they were already down 20 points.

Reaction Score
This margin has a good shot of bumping Seton Hall up to top 75, giving us another Q2 win and bumping a Q2 loss to a Q1 loss. They're 85 now, but this is a huge margin on the road.
79 yesterday in Kenpom
62 currently

Not the same system, but yeah, it was a great win for their (our) metrics.

Reaction Score
Actually, they didn't win the national title; they just finished as the #1 team in the final AP poll.
I see what you did here.

It is true that at the time they were the defending national champions and a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
It is with great pleasure that I can say, after looking at their resume, Providence is not a stone lock to make the dance. They're probably on the right side of things, but yikes. This loss is going to hammer their predictive metrics (they missed the expectation by 30 points!) and then if we blow them out again in the first round of the tournament, they could be in actual trouble.

They'd be 3-8 in Q1, 3-1 Q2 with a Q3 loss. Metrics in the high 40s. It's a really uninspiring profile. Probably 11 seed range.
PC on KenPom:

31 yesterday
44 today

:eek:

Reaction Score
I see what you did here.

It is true that at the time they were the defending national champions and a top 10 team.
Exactly correct, and their championship was vacated. But he is nit picking on something irrelevant and completely lost the plot to the original post I was responding to in post #119 in that Providence losing to Seton Hall by 30 pts or whatever is worse than UConn losing to Louisville by 33 pts in 2014 considering Louisville was considered a legitimate national title contender where as Seton Hall will be hard pressed to make the NIT.

Reaction Score
If Cooley is half the coach this board thinks he is PC will be come out pissed off and fired up Thursday. We are going to get PCs best.
That is what concerns me. If anyone thinks PC will come out as poorly as they did today, they are fooling themselves. Remember last year they got blown out at MSG by Creighton, but then they advanced to the Sweet 16. This poor loss will fester inside them for 4.5 days.

That is why I want UConn to win tonight. I want to see them beat teams that are desperate for a victory and will put everything that they got into winning the game. If they do that today, I am confident they can do that to PC on Thursday. But just because PC is stumbling down the stretch it doesn't mean they will come out flat at MSG. Keep in mind, Seton Hall played PC tough in Newark, too. Seton Hall isn't skilled, but they are tough. Tae Davis gave Croswell fits as Croswell really doesn't like defending on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
You're wasting keystrokes responding to him/her. I think that he/she is a closet PC fan that is just trolling to get a rise out of as many real Uconn Fans as possible.
Yes, and also he argues like a toddler. Long emotion dumps that don't make any points. I got caught up in it too, will ignore it now.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
While he's already the favorite, today's performance by Hopkins ensures Kolek gets BEPOY. I'd go so far to say that other guys, including Sanogo, might now get more votes than Hopkins.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Cooley was half the coach the board thinks he is they wouldn’t have gotten run over by Seton Hall today.

Disagree. I think Cooley has taken Providence as far as he can, and will leave in the offseason for a job that doesn't suck. Seriously, has anyone on this board ever met a Providence grad that wasn't a massive tool who would inexplicably would brag about their wildly overpriced education? URI is a better education than Providence at 1/3 the cost.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230304-214237_Chrome.jpg

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
he's been quiet for a while, huh?

Reaction Score
While he's already the favorite, today's performance by Hopkins ensures Kolek gets BEPOY. I'd go so far to say that other guys, including Sanogo, might now get more votes than Hopkins.
Hopkins is a big time player that can play at all 3 levels and he is very good at grabbing boards too. What he is not is a good defender. The last 2 games for PC he has blown a lot of defensive assignments and gotten beat off the dribble as well with off the ball action. Rightly or wrongly this is why he didn't get much playing time from Calipari. I still think Calipari was foolish in not developing a talent like him, but I understand a little more why. Calipari emphasizes defense and the way Hopkins plays it, or I should say the way he doesn't, would infuriate Calipari

Reaction Score
Hopkins is a big time player that can play at all 3 levels and he is very good at grabbing boards too. What he is not is a good defender. The last 2 games for PC he has blown a lot of defensive assignments and gotten beat off the dribble as well with off the ball action. Rightly or wrongly this is why he didn't get much playing time from Calipari. I still think Calipari was foolish in not developing a talent like him, but I understand a little more why. Calipari emphasizes defense and the way Hopkins plays it, or I should say the way he doesn't, would infuriate Calipari
Calipari emphasizes being a jerk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom