March Other Big East Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

March Other Big East Games

Reaction Score
It is with great pleasure that I can say, after looking at their resume, Providence is not a stone lock to make the dance. They're probably on the right side of things, but yikes. This loss is going to hammer their predictive metrics (they missed the expectation by 30 points!) and then if we blow them out again in the first round of the tournament, they could be in actual trouble.

They'd be 3-8 in Q1, 3-1 Q2 with a Q3 loss. Metrics in the high 40s. It's a really uninspiring profile. Probably 11 seed range.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, they didn't win the national title; they just finished as the #1 team in the final AP poll.
That's all semantics and not relevant to the point I was making. Louisville won the NCAAT in 2013 regardless of whether it got "vacated". The post I was responding to was about a UConn fan consoling a PC fan at the bar by comparing the 33 pt loss in 2014 to Louisville to Providence's loss today Seton Hall

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is with great pleasure that I can say, after looking at their resume, Providence is not a stone lock to make the dance. They're probably on the right side of things, but yikes. This loss is going to hammer their predictive metrics (they missed the expectation by 30 points!) and then if we blow them out again in the first round of the tournament, they could be in actual trouble.

They'd be 3-8 in Q1, 3-1 Q2 with a Q3 loss. Metrics in the high 40s. It's a really uninspiring profile. Probably 11 seed range.
My guess is a 10 seed at worst but Providence non-conf was performance was not good

Reaction Score
whoops GIF

PC's postgame presser?
I wonder if he will mention Seton Hall's arrogance and spoiled nature?

Reaction Score
what would the crowd look like for the game Thursday? I feel like we've been buying up all the tickets planning on the 5 seed and PC fans would have been banking on the night session as the 3 seed.

Reaction Score
The zone drove Providence nuts. They looked ill prepared to handle it. Frankly, they are a team that thrives on 1 on 1 basketball and feasting on the free throw line. Got none of that with the zone Seton Hall played. Food for thought on how to play them.
Or, you could just play them like we played them recently and also blow them out...

Reaction Score
Wow….Very surprising outcome today with the Friars getting crushed by 24 after going undefeated this season at home…Assuming Creighton beats DePaul, Huskies will matchup against the Friars on Thursday….like matchup instead of first round game against Creighton…although the Friars will likely have more fans attending.

Reaction Score
Can we still get the 3 seed if we win tonight and DePaul beats Creighton?

Reaction Score
Obviously PC can't win at home after switching from beer cans to plastic cups.

Reaction Score
Can we still get the 3 seed if we win tonight and DePaul beats Creighton?
Yes we would win by NET ranking tiebreaker (new tiebreaker this year). Assuming we beat Nova, Providence and UConn would have identical win/loss records against every team in the conference.

Reaction Score

Providence is now 51 in Torvik, 44 on KenPom. Started the day 35/31. Their NET ranking started the day 39, so I'd expect their NET to be in the high 40s to low 50s tomorrow. A big loss to us or Creighton could put them mid 50s in NET and really risky range considering their Quad records aren't much to speak of.

They were 58 in KPI coming in, and whatever that ends up being is going to be a real black mark on their team sheet. 41 in WAB. Their 29 SOR was their best metric coming in. Losing at home is not a good way to help your SOR.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

11 seed play in :)

Reaction Score
Actually, they didn't win the national title; they just finished as the #1 team in the final AP poll.
again not relevant to the point I was making in my post, SMH.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom