March 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

March 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3/3

Paulina Paris: 24 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds

Paris has an edge to her that UConn could really use.

Anger played a part in Paris being more aggressive in the third quarter.

“I feel like if you’re going full court, it’s dumb to just pull (the ball) back out, so if I just go, something will happen off of it,” she said. “I was mad because every time I breathed on a girl, it was a foul, so I was just trying to get to the basket. The calls weren’t being reciprocated my way, so I decided to be more aggressive and see what I could do for myself and for my team.”

Her scoring ability was not the only thing she showcased on Wednesday. Her nine assists are a season-high, and in the first half, she faked a pass to a shooter in the corner before finishing at the rim. When she is assertive and in a scoring mode, she is hard to stop.

“No. No,” said Paris, when asked if anyone can stop her when she’s aggressive.

Honestly, I think Paris is the best fit available, she is the most complete PG in my opinion. Don't get me wrong Rice is a great player, but I am not sold on her 3pt shooting ability.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/3

Aalyah Del Rosario: 19 points

Madison Booker: 25 points, 16 rebounds, 8 assists

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Paris is the best fit available, she is the most complete PG in my opinion. Don't get me wrong Rice is a great player, but I am not sold on her 3pt shooting ability.

Paris' competitiveness intrigues me, she's shown an attacking nature in the little film I've seen, and her shot is effortless. In that matchup with Ducharme last fall she was 7-12 from three and 11-13 from the line. She has offers from Northwestern and Yale so IQ probably isn't an issue either.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Paris' competitiveness intrigues me, she's shown an attacking nature in the little film I've seen, and her shot is effortless. In that matchup with Ducharme last fall she was 7-12 from three and 11-13 from the line. She has offers from Northwestern and Yale so IQ probably isn't an issue either.
I like Paris but I also think if UCONN is going to bring in a guard in 22 it should be someone that going to help out with the perimeter defense vs another player that going to need shots- Rice or Bransford fits that bill better IMO

Reaction Score
I like Paris but I also think if UCONN is going to bring in a guard in 22 it should be someone that going to help out with the perimeter defense vs another player that going to need shots- Rice or Bransford fits that bill better IMO
I like her too but I wouldn't want to clog up the guard rotation in '22 if there is any chance of getting KK Arnold in '23. ;) ?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For entertainment and curiosity purposes only, I’m interested in knowing who the posters here that follow the recruiting game, would like to see at UConn in the fall if they could get any two they desired from the 2022 class. I initially referred to the 2021 class. We’re done with that class.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For entertainment and curiosity purposes only, I’m interested in knowing who the posters here that follow the recruiting game, would like to see at UConn in the fall if they could get any two they desired from the 2021 class.
I assuming you mean any two not already coming in the fall since I'd expect Azzi to be on everyone list. For me It would be Saniya Rivers and Sophia Hart. Rivers because I'm petty and I don't want her heading to South Carolina and Hart because well as they say a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll show you. Please don't be fooled this girl is really really skilled basketball player and 6'5".
hart.jpg

Reaction Score
For entertainment and curiosity purposes only, I’m interested in knowing who the posters here that follow the recruiting game, would like to see at UConn in the fall if they could get any two they desired from the 2021 class.
If you mean swap out 2 for 2 others for a total of 4, my 4 would be have been Fudd, Iriafen who went to Stanford, Ducharme, and Rivers who went to SC. But I'm satisfied with who they got.

Reaction Score
I assuming you mean any two not already coming in the fall since I'd expect Azzi to be on everyone list. For me It would be Saniya Rivers and Sophia Hart. Rivers because I'm petty and I don't want her heading to South Carolina and Hart because well as they say a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll show you. Please don't be fooled this girl is really really skilled basketball player and 6'5". View attachment 65234
I hear ya. Hey, skilled and a little crazy is a good combo.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking we really don’t need any guards for 2022. I am hoping for Ayanna Patterson to pair with Ice Brady and then look to 2023 for some guards. If they do take a guard in 22 I would think Talaysia Cooper would be a good one but I’m hoping they wait and go after Malaysia Fulwiley or/and KK Arnold to go along with Del Rosario!

Carnac

Reaction Score
If you mean swap out 2 for 2 others for a total of 4, my 4 would be have been Fudd, Iriafen who went to Stanford, Ducharme, and Rivers who went to SC. But I'm satisfied with who they got.
No. NOT counting the players already signed. I wouldn't give any of them up. My apologies, wrong class. I meant the 2022 class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No. NOT counting the players already signed. I wouldn't give any of them up.
Then of course not. Wouldn't want a class of 6. Brady and if possible Patterson in '22.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
More highlights from Caroline Ducharme's big game last Saturday (2/27).

Social media had her at 47 points. MaxPreps has her line as 48 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 assists
Ms. Ducharme may provide Ms. Fudd with serious competition for playing time. Her long range stroke looks quite good and she is 6'2", not 5'10".

Reaction Score
I’m thinking we really don’t need any guards for 2022. IIf they do take a guard in 22 I would think Talaysia Cooper would be a good one but I’m hoping they wait and go after Malaysia Fulwiley or/and KK Arnold to go along with Del Rosario!
That is exactly my feelings for SCar guards in 2022/23.

we want a big or two in 2022

Reaction Score
I’m thinking we really don’t need any guards for 2022. I am hoping for Ayanna Patterson to pair with Ice Brady and then look to 2023 for some guards. If they do take a guard in 22 I would think Talaysia Cooper would be a good one but I’m hoping they wait and go after Malaysia Fulwiley or/and KK Arnold to go along with Del Rosario!
Agreed! Patterson with ICE I think are the perfect compliments to the team. Those would be the recruits I’d choose to have out of everyone. Small, good quality class.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I assuming you mean any two not already coming in the fall since I'd expect Azzi to be on everyone list. For me It would be Saniya Rivers and Sophia Hart. Rivers because I'm petty and I don't want her heading to South Carolina and Hart because well as they say a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll show you. Please don't be fooled this girl is really really skilled basketball player and 6'5". View attachment 65234
For me Hart is a hell yes. Her skills are highly underrated, and her videos show her to be a consistent threat from 15 feet in. But Rivers? UConn needs shooters, and Rivers' shot from the arc is suspect. Around the basket she's creative and physical. In the open court she's quick and fast with a nice handle. But her shot? Not. I don't know what Dawn is doing down there in SCar. To me it looks like she's assembling the greatest bunch of highly athletic non-shooters and poor passers in the south. For UConn however Wolfenbarger and Moore would have been so so nice.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
For me Hart is a hell yes. Her skills are highly underrated, and her videos show her to be a consistent threat from 15 feet in. But Rivers? UConn needs shooters, and Rivers' shot from the arc is suspect. Around the basket she's creative and physical. In the open court she's quick and fast with a nice handle. But her shot? Not. I don't know what Dawn is doing down there in SCar. To me it looks like she's assembling the greatest bunch of highly athletic non-shooters and poor passers in the south. For UConn however Wolfenbarger and Moore would have been so so nice.

Rivers isn't a good long-range shooter at this point but that's about all she doesn't do well.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Then of course not. Wouldn't want a class of 6. Brady and if possible Patterson in '22.
That was the class I meant to refer to. I was under the influence of medication this morning, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom