March 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

March 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I imagine some programs opt out of the WNIT because senior starters don't see it worth the risk of injury (putting their opportunities to play professionally at risk) playing in the lesser tournament. I believe that is what "injury concerns" is about. Not saying its a good excuse, but players do often appear have a say in whether they will play in the 'NIT.
I think the WNIT dis is a very worrisome sign if you are a Notre Dame fan. Most coaches, especially ones whose teams are struggling, would be ecstatic at the opportunity to play 1-6 extra games under tournament conditions! As for her excuse, she was eager to play in the ncaa’s! While I understand the desire to watch her son play, I can’t help but wonder what her team, her administration, future recruits, and Notre Dame fans think about the state of this program? I think Notre Dame is in real danger of following Tennessee down a rabbit hole to extended mediocrity.

Reaction Score
Please don’t get me wrong. I am a card carrying, charter member of the hate ND club...well, at the very least always eager to wallow in schadenfreude over the multiple disappointments of their over-entitled fans. But, truth to tell, the degree to which their program has descended is a bit disappointing to me. I kinda want them to be at least sufficiently decent to be worth hating instead of the pathetic state in which they now find themselves. Niele can neither coach nor recruit. I’ll miss what at least once qualified as a rivalry.

oldude, agree 100% and I hate to see them become totally irrelevant. It imo more fun to beat them when they think they have a chance. Wonder if I will ever have the chance to do the happy dance after beating them in a meaningful game again. There was no game that I enjoyed more, I guess I will have to get my dance on after beating SC now.
I have no problem at all with Notre Dame becoming totally irrelevant. Just wish it would happen in football too.

Reaction Score
I think the WNIT dis is a very worrisome sign if you are a Notre Dame fan. Most coaches, especially ones whose teams are struggling, would be ecstatic at the opportunity to play 1-6 extra games under tournament conditions! As for her excuse, she was eager to play in the ncaa’s! While I understand the desire to watch her son play, I can’t help but wonder what her team, her administration, future recruits, and Notre Dame fans think about the state of this program? I think Notre Dame is in real danger of following Tennessee down a rabbit hole to extended mediocrity.
Playing in the Big Dance certainly carries more prestige to the players and program and is worth the effort to participate in. The same is likely less true for a WNIT run. We have seen instances in the past of prominent programs reacting like "NCAA or Bust" if they miss the tournament. Again, not defending the coach's decision, but we don't know what, if any, feedback from the team contributed to it.

Reaction Score
Did you watch Tennessee today? That team is in no way, shape or form mediocre.

Reaction Score
In the last few years with the talent they've had combined with past success and expectations, you can definitely call them mediocre.

Reaction Score
Playing in the Big Dance certainly carries more prestige to the players and program and is worth the effort to participate in. The same is likely less true for a WNIT run. We have seen instances in the past of prominent programs reacting like "NCAA or Bust" if they miss the tournament. Again, not defending the coach's decision, but we don't know what, if any, feedback from the team contributed to it.
I’m not referring to this year as Harper seems to have righted the ship somewhat. I was referring to the dark times with Holly!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Ayanna Patterson thread is closed so here it goes.

Another pic of Patterson with Fudd and DeBerry posted last summer.

Ei8sVk4XYAAF_YX

Reaction Score
Come on @oldude, you know its not fair to make salient points.
As long as someone is going to support that, allow me a polite rebuttal. Tennessee has a three seed in the tournament, meaning it is theoretically one of the 12 best teams. They also gave UConn a great game. I must not remember what mediocre means.

Reaction Score
2024 Imari Berry freshman highlight package:

Impressive! Great form on her shot will be a great shooter. Great defensive instincts and good court vision. Let's keep an eye on her. She seems very in control a la Paige.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
As long as someone is going to support that, allow me a polite rebuttal. Tennessee has a three seed in the tournament, meaning it is theoretically one of the 12 best teams. They also gave UConn a great game. I must not remember what mediocre means.
Valid. ESPN just ranked Tennessee as the 11th best team remaining in the tourney. I do need to clarify my opinion is that the Lady Vols are at best a sweet 16 team while I expect UConn to be a final 4 entry. I would like it very much if they defy my expectations and beat Baylor to become an elite 8 team.

However, supporting @oldude 's point that it is difficult to point to UT's last game as a demonstration of dominance with the considerable height advantage enjoyed by ALL of UT's players.

Reaction Score
Valid. ESPN just ranked Tennessee as the 11th best team remaining in the tourney. I do need to clarify my opinion is that the Lady Vols are at best a sweet 16 team while I expect UConn to be a final 4 entry. I would like it very much if they defy my expectations and beat Baylor to become an elite 8 team.

However, supporting @oldude 's point that it is difficult to point to UT's last game as a demonstration of dominance with the considerable height advantage enjoyed by ALL of UT's players.
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul