March 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

March 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
U16 team training camp begins in early June and there will only be 20 invitees and 10 applicants this year due to the virus. Breya Cunningham is on the invitee list.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KK Bransford named Ohio Miss Basketball:

READING, Ohio – According to her high school coach, KK Bransford has the knack of doing what it takes to win. It might mean knocking down a shot, dishing an assist, grabbing a key rebound, diving for a loose ball or guarding the other team's best player.

"She makes so many people around her better, not just on the court, but off the court," MND coach Dr. Scott Rogers said. "Her basketball IQ is so high. She understands that if you want the big prize, you have to sacrifice some scoring. All that's done is cause her game to evolve. She had 10 assists in the state final."

As demonstrated throughout her career, Bransford can jump center, run the point, post up, deliver a dime and bury a three. This past season she led the Girls Greater Catholic League in scoring (21.4), assists (5.1), field goal percentage (51.5) and steals (3 per game). She was third in the league in rebounding, pulling down 6.4.

"KK can play any position she wants," Rogers said. "We've had her at the one, at shooting guard, playing the five. She can match-up with pretty much anybody."

She's the third Mount Notre Dame winner joining 2009's Kendall Hackney (Northwestern) and 2004's Mel Thomas (Connecticut).

Rogers compares Bransford's basketball intellect with Thomas who played for Geno Auriemma at Connecticut. Thomas reached out to MND's state championship team via video from Florida prior to the Cougars' title run in Dayton.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Are we after KK? Have we offered her? Might she be the #2 in Geno's comment of late that there might be one or two more from 2022...the #1 being Patterson?

I like the Mel Thomas connection!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Are we after KK? Have we offered her? Might she be the #2 in Geno's comment of late that there might be one or two more from 2022...the #1 being Patterson?

I like the Mel Thomas connection!

Yes, UConn is recruiting Bransford and are on her school list of twelve. She's probably at the head of the remaining targets for '22 but just confirmed she won't be making a decision soon.

Reaction Score
Best two things about that video 1) The hands securely catches everything thrown her way 2) The attitude at the 2:05- Paraphrased: "You can't guard me! You better get your big sister, or your bigger cousin up in here."
We need this Jersey girl!

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Paulina Paris wii announce commitment 4/4 per twitter and IG

I see in one of her interviews tht she wants to definitely be a starter, does tht mean tht she's gonna put in the desired work to earn tht spot, or expect it to be promised to her as a reward for committing??

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmm. Interesting to see a big Canadian guard listing UConn... I hadn't heard of her before.
If you are speaking of T'yana Todd, quite a few BYs ( including a Canadian resident) have expressed the opinion that she is not a UCONN level talent.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I see in one of her interviews tht she wants to definitely be a starter, does tht mean tht she's gonna put in the desired work to earn tht spot, or expect it to be promised to her as a reward for committing??
She will get no promises from UCONN. If she happens to pick UCONN she must be prepared to put in MASSIVE work to earn a starting spot.

Reaction Score
She will get no promises from UCONN. If she happens to pick UCONN she must be prepared to put in MASSIVE work to earn a starting spot.
Yeah for that reason I don’t see her picking UConn. Second thing out of her mouth (first was family culture) when asked what she wanted out of a program was to come in and start right away. Not the type of player we need with minutes being so scarce anyway

Reaction Score
2026!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's what? 12or 13?

Lawd! I'll be over 70 years old by the time she starts playing college ball - if I make it!
Easy: Try Suspended Animation. Uconn will be bad for basketball when you wake up in 2026.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom