March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Aubrey is 2' taller and probably has a longer wingspan, maybe by 4-6".

I saw Aubrey in 1 game as a high school junior. For a 5-minute stretch, she played like Maya Moore--steals, blocks, rebounds, layups, 3-pointer, etc.

Based on my most recent observations, Mir appears to be the better shooter at the present time. But Aubrey shot well in high school.

Who has the greater upside? Not sure. Both are reasonably skilled, hyper-athletic, and great kids.
Aubrey has no shooting form from 5 ft shot to 3 point line. Muir can create her own shot. Can shoot within foul lane and create her shoot. Aubrey will play when a defensive player is needed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubrey has no shooting form from 5 ft shot to 3 point line. Muir can create her own shot. Can shoot within foul lane and create her shoot. Aubrey will play when a defensive player is needed.
Aubrey shot pretty well in high school. Give her time! Gabby was lacking a shot as a freshman, and she became a 2-time All-American.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Rori Harmon ('21) not playing in Cy Creek's state playoff game tonight. No reason given yet.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/6

Saylor Poffenbarger: 32 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 10 steals, 3 blocks

Green said the Lions weren’t awestruck playing against Poffenbarger, but there were several moments throughout the game in which Liberty’s coach cracked a smile in watching the junior forward flash her skills.

“Therein likes a true blessing,” Green said about facing a future Division I player. “Some of these kids, and probably even me, we’ll get our mugs on ‘SportsCenter’ when they do those little [flashbacks in a few years].”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
3/6

Saylor Poffenbarger: 32 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 10 steals, 3 blocks

Green said the Lions weren’t awestruck playing against Poffenbarger, but there were several moments throughout the game in which Liberty’s coach cracked a smile in watching the junior forward flash her skills.

“Therein likes a true blessing,” Green said about facing a future Division I player. “Some of these kids, and probably even me, we’ll get our mugs on ‘SportsCenter’ when they do those little [flashbacks in a few years].”

Triple-double for Saylor. A quadruple-double next year would not surprise me. She is extremely versatile!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Rori Harmon not likely to play tomorrow either. Be interesting to know what UConn thinks about this.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Rori Harmon not likely to play tomorrow either. Be interesting to know what UConn thinks about this.
Bad, bad, bad.

This will hand Duncanville the title on a silver platter.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1583556876647.png

Saylor draws a crowd. This was from Wednesday's game against Oakdale. She's being fouled by at least 2 players.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Video highlights from Thursday's Cathedral Catholic win. Plenty of Isuneh Brady.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/6

Poffenbarger, a UConn commit, spent much of the game looking for second-chance points by crashing the offensive boards or posting up on the low block and maneuvering around or through defenders. With that emphasis on being around the basket, she went 9-of-11 from the free-throw line.

During Middletown’s 19-0 second quarter run, Saylor Poffenbarger also got her teammates involved, passing out of a double-team and finding Shipley for a back-door layup and then driving the lane and kicking the ball out to Bri Horman for a 3-pointer.

Poffenbarger even provided some entertainment for Green, using a crisp crossover dribble to shake a defender around the free-throw line and then hitting a fadeaway jumper. Even with his team down 27 points at the time, Green grinned and chuckled.

“I have been truly blessed to coach 19 years consecutively, and I will not be denied the opportunity to enjoy basketball as a purist,” Green said. “She puts in the work, and I can only respect kids who put in the work like that when that’s the result of putting in that kind of work. There’s nothing you can do but enjoy the beauty of it.”

Over the summer, Poffenbarger said she put in a lot of work with her trainer, Larry Gray, on using the dribble to create space for open jumpers — inside and outside the arc.

“She wanted to really get her mid-range jumper going because she didn’t want to be known as a 3-point shooter,” Amy Poffenbarger said. “She wanted to be an all-around player.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
3/6

Poffenbarger, a UConn commit, spent much of the game looking for second-chance points by crashing the offensive boards or posting up on the low block and maneuvering around or through defenders. With that emphasis on being around the basket, she went 9-of-11 from the free-throw line.

During Middletown’s 19-0 second quarter run, Saylor Poffenbarger also got her teammates involved, passing out of a double-team and finding Shipley for a back-door layup and then driving the lane and kicking the ball out to Bri Horman for a 3-pointer.

Poffenbarger even provided some entertainment for Green, using a crisp crossover dribble to shake a defender around the free-throw line and then hitting a fadeaway jumper. Even with his team down 27 points at the time, Green grinned and chuckled.

“I have been truly blessed to coach 19 years consecutively, and I will not be denied the opportunity to enjoy basketball as a purist,” Green said. “She puts in the work, and I can only respect kids who put in the work like that when that’s the result of putting in that kind of work. There’s nothing you can do but enjoy the beauty of it.”

Over the summer, Poffenbarger said she put in a lot of work with her trainer, Larry Gray, on using the dribble to create space for open jumpers — inside and outside the arc.

“She wanted to really get her mid-range jumper going because she didn’t want to be known as a 3-point shooter,” Amy Poffenbarger said. “She wanted to be an all-around player.”

Pure UConn DNA.

... Saylor Poffenbarger created instant offense for the Knights by stripping Lions players. Held scoreless in the first quarter after her usually effective 3-point shot wasn’t falling early in the game, Poffenbarger found several other ways to make an impact, finishing with 32 points, 11 rebounds, 10 steals and three blocked shots.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/7

Aaliyah Edwards: 23 points (9-16 FG, 0-4 3-PT, 5-7 FT), 6 rebounds, 2 steals

Crestwood advanced to the OSBA Championship finals 85-68. Game below.

Reaction Score
I will be heading out to the Cathedral Catholic / Harvard Westlake playoff game this evening. (Ice Brady vs. Kiki Iriafen). I'll be wearing my navy blue UCONN T-shirt, so if any other Boneyarders are going, look for me. Game is 6 pm at Cathedral's gym.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No free link to tonight's Cathedral Catholic--Harvard-Westlake matchup. You can watch it at this link with a subcription.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Bad, bad, bad.

This will hand Duncanville the title on a silver platter.
Duncanville is on TV tonight at 8:30 pm Central Time on FSDAHD, channel 1753 on UVerse.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Harvard-Westlake leads Cathedral Catholic by two at halftime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom