March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What was wrong? Did she only play 3 quarters?
She would have had more assists if the team had made more of their shots, I'd say at least 6 more of them.

Reaction Score
I saw the link after the game was over. Tight game and well worth watching. I've seen Wayzata's Stewart play 3 games at Hopkins and I don't think she missed 5 shots total. I think some midwest team is getting her. No flash but smart, strong, great shooter great hands.
Bueckers made 2 great defensive plays, chasing down a break and blocking the shot, and skying to intercept a high pass to what looked like a wide open Stewart under the basket. I'm pretty sure that the video of her making that "girl" dunk was real.

Reaction Score
Local reporter after yesterday's Bridgewater-Raynham game:

I’ve said it on here a couple of times how much I looooove Shay’s game. Imagine her and Ice coming in and playing together for four years. Whoa!

Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">-<a href="UConn Women's Hoops (@UConnWBB) | Twitter">@UConnWBB</a> Class of 2020 recruits <a href="Paige Bueckers (@paigebueckers1) | Twitter">@paigebueckers1</a> (MInnesota) and <a href="mirwitthegear (@MirMclean) | Twitter">@MirMcLean</a> (Maryland) named their state&#39;s Gatorade Player of the Year. Connecticut&#39;s winner is 2021 Boston College commit Allie Palmieri (<a href="Allie Palmieri (@PalmieriAllie) | Twitter">@PalmieriAllie</a>) from Greens Farms Academy</p>&mdash; carl adamec (@CarlAdamec) <a href="">March 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reaction Score
3/4

Piath Gabriel: 18 points, 17 rebounds

Bradford Christian on to the sectional semis.
Piath goes up against Caroline Ducharme tomorrow at 4:30 in Denham,MA Noble Greenough. Both regular season games were very competitive with Noble winning by 6 at home and by 3 on the road

Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
3/5

Talia Von Oelhoffen was held to 15 points (4-13 FG) in Chiawana's state tourney loss today.

Chiawana lost again today and was eliminated.

edit--Von Oelhoffen was 6-20 and scored 13 today. Not a good tournament for her. Playing against 4A teams is A LOT different than 1B or 2B or whatever dinky level she was playing at last year.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
@ 43 seconds in this video. If she can add that midrange Pull up to her game... Look out
She had nice form on her released.
I saw Mir 2x this season. Her team had lost several good players from the championship team of the prior season. Thus, she was the primary scoring option this year and typically drew a double-team. Next year, if opposing teams think she's not a shooter and lay off her, she may eat them alive. She's a good FT shooter and can hit jumpers from that spot. We don't know how much editing was done to that video, but her form looks quite good! Her biggest asset is that she is an athletic freak--she explodes off the floor as fast as Gabby Williams. Opposing players jump and are trying to reach a rebound, but Mir has already grabbed the ball near its apex. She will benefit from the UConn environment and coaching, as well as focusing on hoops instead of a combination of hoops, volleyball, and track and field.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mil,

How does Mir compare to Aubrey? Who has the bigger upside?
I think Aubrey is 2' taller and probably has a longer wingspan, maybe by 4-6".

I saw Aubrey in 1 game as a high school junior. For a 5-minute stretch, she played like Maya Moore--steals, blocks, rebounds, layups, 3-pointer, etc.

Based on my most recent observations, Mir appears to be the better shooter at the present time. But Aubrey shot well in high school.

Who has the greater upside? Not sure. Both are reasonably skilled, hyper-athletic, and great kids.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Middletown rolls 70-46 to advance to the state semis next week. Saylor Poffenbarger stats when they become available.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Middletown rolls 70-46 to advance to the state semis next week. Saylor Poffenbarger stats when they become available.
Congrats to my buddy Saylor, her teammates, and her coach/mom. She'll be a leading contender for next year's Maryland Gatorade POY award. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom