March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

Looks like Cathedral Catholic will be playing Rosary, of Fullerton on Tuesday Night(Rosary up by 15 mid 4th). I think the game will be at CC, but will await some more info. CC is #1 seed in Div 1 and Roasary is #2 seed.

Reaction Score
I went to the Cathedral Catholic vs Harvard Westlake game (Ice Brady vs Kiki Iriafen). Cathedral won a nail biter 59-56. Ice vs Kiki was pretty much a stalemate -- they beat up on each other pretty much the entire game. Ice scored 16, Kiki 17. It felt to me like Ice had more rebounds, but I don't know that for sure. Ice hit two 3 pointers, including one that gave Cathedral the lead with about 2 minutes to go. That came a little bit after she missed two free throws. Ice also had a very nice play where she caught the ball a few feet beyond the line on the right side of the court. She faced up, then drove left, spun left to get past Kiki, and finished with a left hand layup. Covered a lot of ground with a good handle. Kiki made a pair of 15 footers, but other than that, all her shots were layups. Both played pretty good D, as they were allowed to do a fair amount of pushing and shoving. Kiki is a junior, so she's at least a year older than Ice. They seem to be pretty similar in height (despite the various listings). Kiki is more slender and probably a bit more athletic, certainly a little bit quicker. Ice is stronger. Ice seemed tired for much of this game -- she seems to need to be in better shape. (Of course, taking a physical pounding can wear you out.) She left the game toward the end of the first half with what seemed to be a hamstring or hip injury, but seemed okay in the second half. All in all, a closely played, enjoyable game to watch -- though the 11 to 9 score at the end of the first quarter reminded me of some of UConn's games! :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think she is the next PG recruit after Nika and Paige
Her parents both went to Yale. It may be tough to get Kiki Rice away from Stanford and Princeton.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/7

Noble and Greenough (Caroline Ducharme) defeats Bradford Christian (Piath Gabriel) 70-45 ending Gabriel's career. No stats reported yet.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The bracket for Minnesota's 4A state tournament was released Saturday. Hopkins begins its quest for another state title Wednesday morning at 11 AM eastern. It will be streamed online and the link will be posted here well before gametime.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Video at the link of Saylor Poffenbarger talking to Middletown's school paper about some non-basketball subjects. Her segment begins at 5:35.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
3/7

Noble and Greenough (Caroline Ducharme) defeats Bradford Christian (Piath Gabriel) 70-45 ending Gabriel's career. No stats reported yet.
Ok. Then princeton and Berube

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Unless there are more than one of them, yes.
There is a Notre Dame Academy in Toledo. Weirdly, they play each other in the Division I state semis this upcoming week.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/8

Amari DeBerry scored 34 points in Williamsville South's sectional title win Sunday.

DeBerry's entire line: 34 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, and 6 blocks

On a night where several girls basketball players made their mark with standout performances, DeBerry completely stole the show with a dominating effort at both ends of the floor for head coach Kristen Dolan's Lady Billies (19-3).

DeBerry showed tremendous mobility throughout the contest, while her team ran the give-and-go to near perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom