March 19 non-UConn games thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

March 19 non-UConn games thread

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
End of Q3 Texas 65 AZS 50. McCarty scored 12 in Q3 plus another pretty no look pass, and she wiggles through the AZS trees and lays one up. Sadly, her last game in Austin. Texas shooting percentage over 60% in this quarter.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Reminds me of when Nikki McCray was a coach at South Carolina. You'd think someone was sticking a knife into her for 40 minutes the way she carried on.

A screaming banshee coach? That's even worse.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Alanna Smith has scored 20+ both games. 23 pts and 10 rebs at this point, still some game left to play. I think she likes playing in the Tourney. Had a good game last year against Notre Dame in the Regional Final if I remember correctly.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
FGCU won't go away--75-65. 16-40 3 point FG.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I have the volume turned way down and that lady is still really annoying w/ the screaming. I can't even imagine what it would be like sitting next to her.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
End of Q3 Texas 65 AZS 50. McCarty scored 12 in Q3 plus another pretty no look pass, and she wiggles through the AZS trees and lays one up. Sadly, her last game in San Antonio. Texas shooting percentage over 60% in this quarter.
Austin.

Tomato TomAto . . .

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Miss State got this. Shout out to Morgan (Itty Bitty) William, the serene Homecoming Queen Victoria Vivians, and the coach's daughter, Blair, their last game before a large and appreciative crowd.

Brooke McCarty when she's on is a joy to watch, and she was in the 2nd half of Texas AZS

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So they switched to next highest seed. Showed us none of the Stanford or UCLA games.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Great senior send off subbing out each player individually at the end by Schaefer. Not the best game by Mississippi State but once McCowan took over they were able to get separation. I was impressed with Goodwin for Ok State. Somewhat of a streaky player but she’s a smooth lefty guard that oozes confidence. Wouldn’t be surprised if she gets a shot in the W.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford 90-70 final. Tough test against Louisville, but not impossible.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Smith w/ 28 pts and 12 rebounds. McPhee 17 points and 9 rebounds. Hit her average for the first time in a while. Hopefully she can carry that forward. 12 rebounds for Johnson as well. 4 players in double figures, 14 for Carrington off the bench. She's been in double figures both games. Withstood 17 made 3 points by FGCU and still won handily.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She's transferring? Does anyone know what schools she is looking at?
No news on her transferring. But this is the 2nd suspension she's faced this year. Before she walked on campus of UT I predicted this. It's sad but it wasn't a very hard prediction.

Last edited:

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Great senior send off subbing out each player individually at the end by Schaefer. Not the best game by Mississippi State but once McCowan took over they were able to get separation. I was impressed with Goodwin for Ok State. Somewhat of a streaky player but she’s a smooth lefty guard that oozes confidence. Wouldn’t be surprised if she gets a shot in the W.

Glad we got enough separation to do the sendoff. I was very worried about this game after the spanking OSU put on Syracuse. Really a battle. On to NC State. Should be another good one. No upset breaks for the Dogs.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Glad we got enough separation to do the sendoff. I was very worried about this game after the spanking OSU put on Syracuse. Really a battle. On to NC State. Should be another good one. No upset breaks for the Dogs.

If they make it past NC State, the next round against Texas or UCLA isn’t going to be easy either.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
MSS won a tough one, and Vic had to play his regulars until the very end. They certainly earned the victory against a tough team. A team by the way that got crushed by Baylor.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
This just isn't true. Georgia had a better resume than either of those two.

Georgia’s OOC schedule was dreadful. Their only quality opponent (Texas) gave them their worst beating of the year. Duke beat Oregon St. and OSU. In conference Georgia beat A&M and Missouri twice, while Duke beat North Carolina St. and FSU. The ACC was the better conference and that’s clearly been borne out by the tournament results. Beyond that, the problem with “resumes” is that they exclude the eye test.

As LOTRADER said, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Canada w/ 21 points and 8 assists on 6-7 FG for UCLA. That's a pretty efficient game! UCLA rolls 86-64.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Isn't some of this resume stuff a house of cards based on how strong the various teams in the SEC are presumed to be? If most of them aren't actually as good as they are purported to be...well they shouldn't have had as many teams hosting as they did.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan William may be playing with a little too much confidence.
OKS player down -- looks like a knee. Braxton Miller.
Hey, I like both coaches' daughters. They probably have to do a little extra to prove themselves. In neither case will they be going on to play professionally. I haven't followed Carli, but Blair Shaefer has earned her place as a starter by improving every year. Her "power" is the ability to take charges without dying.
I believe Schaefer is one of the top 20 or so 3-point shooters in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom