March 19 non-UConn games thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

March 19 non-UConn games thread

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Georgia’s OOC schedule was dreadful. Their only quality opponent (Texas) gave them their worst beating of the year. Duke beat Oregon St. and OSU. In conference Georgia beat A&M and Missouri twice, while Duke beat North Carolina St. and FSU. The ACC was the better conference and that’s clearly been borne out by the tournament results. Beyond that, the problem with “resumes” is that they exclude the eye test.

As LOTRADER said, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.
Georgia's OOC schedule was weak, but not as weak as Oregon State's.

The committee doesn't seed teams based on conference affiliation. This isn't the electoral college.

Georgia's quality wins were comparable to Duke's, and Georgia didn't have the bad losses that Duke had.

Reaction Score
Why aren't they switching to live games instead of showing highlights packages we've already seen 4 times?

ESPN is so lame.
You should really get with the program and learn to use ESPN3. It's unbelievably easy. You only need to figure out how to sign on once (and it's not rocket science - just click on "Watch" in the upper right on your ESPN.com screen, and fill in the blanks) - then for the rest of your life you just click on it and you're in. I'm stuck with ASU-Texas on ESPN TV here in AZ, but been toggling among Miss State-Okla State, Stanford-FGCU and UCLA-Creighton on my laptop.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Great senior send off subbing out each player individually at the end by Schaefer. Not the best game by Mississippi State but once McCowan took over they were able to get separation. I was impressed with Goodwin for Ok State. Somewhat of a streaky player but she’s a smooth lefty guard that oozes confidence. Wouldn’t be surprised if she gets a shot in the W.
Goodwin hurt her team in the fourth quarter by dribbling too much and playing too much one on one. There was one time when four out of five time she brought the ball down court and dribbled until she could get open for a shot while her teammates had to just watch. Almost every time she missed the shot. She needed to include her teammates. She did it a number of times more before the game ended.

Reaction Score
Glad we got enough separation to do the sendoff. I was very worried about this game after the spanking OSU put on Syracuse. Really a battle. On to NC State. Should be another good one. No upset breaks for the Dogs.
Nice touch. Vic seemed pretty emotional after the big hugs from Johnson, William and his daughter (Vivians not so much. She didn't seem to be feeling very lovey-dovey - what's up with that?)

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I believe Schaefer is one of the top 20 or so 3-point shooters in the country.
Not that the coach's daughter is not an excellent 3 pt shooter, but I have beheld the glory of Samuelson and Nurse. I just think Schaefer's ability to take charges is unique in current women's basketball -- her signature move. Another player with a distinctive "power" is the Aggies' Anriel Howard -- the human basketball magnet.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
MSS won a tough one, and Vic had to play his regulars until the very end. They certainly earned the victory against a tough team. A team by the way that got crushed by Baylor.

Crushed in Stillwater (not belittling that, very impressive), close in Waco.

We can play with Baylor, btw.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Nice touch. Vic seemed pretty emotional after the big hugs from Johnson, William and his daughter (Vivians not so much. She didn't seem to be feeling very lovey-dovey - what's up with that?)

Vic and VV love each other. He is very open about the fact that her coming to MSU over Baylor, UT and UL was the catalyst for the rise of the program. A special relationship. She closes her comments in pressers with his signature close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom