March 19 non-UConn games thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

March 19 non-UConn games thread

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Why aren't they switching to live games instead of showing highlights packages we've already seen 4 times?

ESPN is so lame.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
2Q Texas was pretty good in the first part -- mostly scoring inside with 1 3 by McCarty. But they went cold in the second part of the quarter, and AZS slowly started to eat away at the lead. Now Texas coming back and leads 36-29. Loshaun Higgs doing some damage. Most of the AZS scoring by Kianna Ibis. About 3 1/2 min left.
UCLA still comfortably ahead of Creighton.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What happened to wrap around coverage? There has been very little all 4 days.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
For what it's worth here, I expected a tough game with OK State. I've enjoyed it. It's a battle.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford 43-35 at half. FGCU 9-24 behind the arc, only three 2 point FG made. Not getting to the FT line, not surprisingly. Stanford 15-28 from the floor, 4-8 behind the arc and 9-12 from the FT line.

Reaction Score
She shouldn't. She's a really good person and works very hard.

She looks like someone that would never say a word.

She annoyed me last season because I thought she played more than she should have. This season I feel like she’s been pretty good and within herself when I’ve seen her.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Texas 40 AZS 35 at the half. McCarty not having a good shooting night. Ekmark goes in and out but hasn't scored; I hardly notice one way or the other. On the other hand, Ibis is all over the place. Higgs keeping Texas in the game

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
She looks like someone that would never say a word.

She annoyed me last season because I thought she played more than she should have. This season I feel like she’s been pretty good and within herself when I’ve seen her.

She's bubbly and outgoing. Just not on court much. All business there.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow there's a player on Oklahoma State playing for her 4th college team.
Late to the party! Loryn Goodwin, from North Texas to Butler to UTSA to Okie State.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
40-35 Texas at halftime. ASU gave South Carolina their toughest game during the Tourney last year, they're a scrappy team.

Reaction Score
Late to the party! Loryn Goodwin, from North Texas to Butler to UTSA to Okie State.
Yeah I sorta always thought three was basically the max, but I guess not!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I must say Ok St is impressing me. Why isn’t their record better?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UCLA up 49-32 at the half.
You know with UConn winning by 25, to keep in the Ezi Mcbegor sweepstakes, UCLA needs to win by as much or more...:p

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You know with UConn winning by 25, to keep in the Ezi Mcbegor sweepstakes, UCLA needs to win by as much or more...:p

All joking aside, from a player development standpoint or competing for National Titles, UConn is the better pick by far. The only thing I could think of that might favor UCLA is early playing time. W/ what UConn has coming back, she could find her self in a situation like Walker this year. At UCLA she'd probably be a day 1 starter. That can be a big factor for men's players, not sure if it is as big of a selling point for women.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Morgan William may be playing with a little too much confidence.
OKS player down -- looks like a knee. Braxton Miller.
Hey, I like both coaches' daughters. They probably have to do a little extra to prove themselves. In neither case will they be going on to play professionally. I haven't followed Carli, but Blair Schaefer has earned her place as a starter by improving every year. Her "power" is the ability to take charges without dying.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just because a team loses doesn't mean they didn't deserve their seed.
Should USF have not been a 6 seed?
Whose resume wouldve warranted a 4 seed instead of GA?

vowelguy, I love your posts, so please pardon my goofy post below.

Whose resume wouldve warranted a 4 seed instead of GA? Answer: Duke for 1, Oregon State for 2.

What good are eyes/ears/nose if you cannot use them? BIG 10 stunk it up (nose).

What I have seen (eyes) of the SEC so far doesn't warrant their seedings (Tennessee 3 seed, Georgia 4 seed, Missouri 5 seed).

You could hear (ears) a pin drop in the Georgia game as they had maybe the most pitiful 1st half a hosting team has EVER had. Georgia did NOT deserve a 4 seed. Duke was superior in every facet of the game (so lopsided).

I just hope RPI is changed to RIP next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom