Man stabbed to death in Kenny Park. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Man stabbed to death in Kenny Park.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Man Stabbed To Death In Hartford's Keney Park, Police Say

So many old and new Deepster angles to this story, I don't know where to start.

Is Doggydaddy still alive? If so, he may want to watch himself on the back 9 this weekend.

Where were you Tuesday night?

I'm not saying you're a serial killer murdering people in Hartford to prove a point on a message board. I'm just asking questions.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Hans Sprungfeld, post: 2316358, member: 181"]Because nobody has mentioned it, is a death in "Kenny Park" in the SUBJECT some kind of veiled "South Park"reference?

Reaction Score
Haven't made it out of the office yet, but need to go to the parking garage soon. I've called the security team to meet me at the blue light next to the emergency phone.

I remember days riding my motorcycle up and down Park and Zion Street. Only 1 in every 100 make it through that stretch of road without being capped. I'm like a cat with 9 lives.

Reaction Score
No Google or other internet searches.

There's a main drag that borders Keney Park and eventually changes names. Both names please.

Name the streets that border MLK Middle School and what the building was used for in its prior life.

Name elementary schools that serve the Blue Hills neighborhood and what streets border them.

What bus lines serve Blue Hills.

What street did my hs girlfriend live on.

1) Main St turns into Windsor Ave. And Wilson Pizza Palace has the best greasiest Greek pie I've ever had. I get it when I'm in the area and it's still light out.

2) Ridgefield and Westborne Parkway. No idea what the building used to be. I'm not old enough to answer those pre-WW2 questions without a search.

3) The only two schools I know near Keney are Milner and MLK.

4) I have no idea on the bus line. I haven't taken the city bus in maybe 40 years. The bus is for poor people.

5) I have a hard time believing you had a girlfriend in high school. You reek of a guy who took his sister to the prom, champ.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
1) Main St turns into Windsor Ave. And Wilson Pizza Palace has the best greasiest Greek pie I've ever had. I get it when I'm in the area and it's still light out.

2) Ridgefield and Westborne Parkway. No idea what the building used to be. I'm not old enough to answer those pre-WW2 questions without a search.

3) The only two schools I know near Keney are Milner and MLK.

4) I have no idea on the bus line. I haven't taken the city bus in maybe 40 years. The bus is for poor people.

5) I have a hard time believing you had a girlfriend in high school. You reek of a guy who took his sister to the prom, champ.

You got half of one question right. You know little of Blue Hills. Keney Park is mostly in the Blue Hills and Vine St area. The area near the golf course is not Blue Hills. That's Tower and Main. Your attitude about Keney, I suspect, is based on several factors, few based an reality. Just so you get the picture, when I played there last month, there were a significant number of middle aged females playing there. All Caucasian. Apparently not as afraid as Deepster.

As for girl friends, I'll put the looks and personality of every girl I ever dated including my wife against your roster. Just because I'm way smarter than you doesn't mean I don't know my way around.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I believe Keney is about 3 1/2 sq. miles. I remember when someone was shot on the 4th tee when we were kids. Not great planning putting a shooting range next to the golf course.
And there was a horse stable right behind the same tee. Now all that exists behind the tee are a bunch of bad guys with knives waiting to
attack Deepster. .

Reaction Score
You got half of one question right. You know little of Blue Hills. Keney Park is mostly in the Blue Hills and Vine St area. The area near the golf course is not Blue Hills. That's Tower and Main. Your attitude about Keney, I suspect, is based on several factors, few based an reality. Just so you get the picture, when I played there last month, there were a significant number of middle aged females playing there. All Caucasian. Apparently not as afraid as Deepster.

As for girl friends, I'll put the looks and personality of every girl I ever dated including my wife against your roster. Just because I'm way smarter than you doesn't mean I don't know my way around.

Disagree. Main and Windsor Ave change names and border Keney. Fact. And I'm not sad that I don't know the bus line. I'm actually glad to get that one wrong.

Calm yourself down. I'm sure you went out with plenty of swell gals back in the day. All jazzed up in your zoot suit, dancing the night away to the Andrews Sisters. You were the bees knees.

Reaction Score
And there was a horse stable right behind the same tee. Now all that exists behind the tee are a bunch of bad guys with knives waiting to
attack Deepster. .

This is awesome. Back in the day, we used to go to the horse stable behind Keney. Then we'd get an egg cream and head over to the cinema. Two features, a Buck Rodgers serial and a box of black licorice for a quarter!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is awesome. Back in the day, we used to go to the horse stable behind Keney. Then we'd get an egg cream and head over to the cinema. Two features, a Buck Rodgers serial and a box of black licorice for a quarter!

Well sonny, the more you write, the more of a jerk you are. Andrews Sisters before my time. The Maguire Sisters and Fats Domino were way cool. MLK Middle was Weaver HS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well sonny, the more you write, the more of a jerk your are. Andrews Sisters before my time. The Maguire Sisters and Fats Domino were way cool. MLK Middke was Weaver HS.

Well, I admit I don't have the knowledge of cruising your 57 BelAir down Albany Ave headed to a sock hop. You win, Bowser.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Well, I admit I don't have the knowledge of cruising your 57 BelAir down Albany Ave headed to a sock hop. You win, Bowser.
You actually don't have too much knowledge.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I have made it home for anyone who may have been concerned. The security guard never came to meet me. I pray that they were not picked off on their way.

Under the cover of darkness I was able to snake my way home through the mean streets of ATL, 26 miles and to my subdivision. I felt like fat Rambo! It was exhilarating.

Reaction Score
There were actually 2 horse stables: Laredo Ranch and Frontier Ranch.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have made it home for anyone who may have been concerned. The security guard never came to meet me. I pray that they were not picked off on their way.

Under the cover of darkness I was able to snake my way home through the mean streets of ATL, 26 miles and to my subdivision. I felt like fat Rambo! It was exhilarating.
Yeah, but if you'd been dragging golf clubs we'd be at your funeral right now.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Glad to see you wake up just as stupid as you go to sleep. Homer is your perfect role model . Seasame Street will calm you down. The Horse Barn was actually in Windsor. Main Street and Windsor Ave are not in Blue Hills. And they aren't both in Hartford. Correct answer, Vine St. becomes Holcomb Street. Go Huskies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I suspect autocorrect was the culprit. Changed Keney to Kenny on me, even just now. I suspect that even Deepster knows how to spell that den of murderers. Autocorrect doesn't like proper names. Amazing that even at age 110 I know what autocorrect is every bit as much as I'm impressed that Deep knows the Andrews Sisters. He's probably even heard the name Bing Crosby.

Reaction Score
Glad to see you wake up just as stupid as you go to sleep. Homer is your perfect role model . Seasame Street will calm you down. The Horse Barn was actually in Windsor. Main Street and Windsor Ave are not in Blue Hills. And they aren't both in Hartford. Correct answer, Vine St. becomes Holcomb Street. Go Huskies.

Oh, Grampy. Why don't you slap on your Velcro sneakers and head on over to the ol' neighborhood for a Sanka and a bran muffin?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Oh, Grampy. Why don't you slap on your Velcro sneakers and head on over to the ol' neighborhood for a Sanka and a bran muffin?
Meet me at Keney for a quick 18.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Speaking of bears in CT:

Reaction Score
I'd love it if you found another corpse. Happy hunting.
Love Lane in Keney Park. I can remember a body being found off Love Lane when I was a kid. I can't remember where I left my keys but for some strange reason that historical fact popped into my brain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom