Man stabbed to death in Kenny Park. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Man stabbed to death in Kenny Park.

Reaction Score
Big park. Probably two mikes away from the course.
More likely to be attacked by a bear on the golf course than stabbed.

Played there recently for the first time in years. in great shape with many changes to the old course. Probably easier in some ways but a bit gimmickrd with some strange oddly placed bunkers and a few quirky greens.
Is the roof on the clubhouse still slate?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Is the roof on the clubhouse still slate?
Not sure, but the clubhouse is totally redone and modernized. Still a small pro shop area but overall pretty nice. Rest rooms even new. Pretty impressed with how it's been improved including the morgue.

Reaction Score
Not sure, but the clubhouse is totally redone and modernized. Still a small pro shop area but overall pretty nice. Rest rooms even new. Pretty impressed with how it's been improved including the morgue.
I remember it being a nice building. A friend was a ranger there and he got to play with a guest for free. Saw Trevino filming a commercial there. Still have Cricket fields?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I remember it being a nice building. A friend was a ranger there and he got to play with a guest for free. Saw Trevino filming a commercial there. Still have Cricket fields?
Yep.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Haven't made it out of the office yet, but need to go to the parking garage soon. I've called the security team to meet me at the blue light next to the emergency phone.

I remember days riding my motorcycle up and down Park and Zion Street. Only 1 in every 100 make it through that stretch of road without being capped. I'm like a cat with 9 lives.

A bit further down Park, Nick Carbone, former Hartford politician and then developer was very badly mugged while walking in the afternoon. Serious brain injury. maybe 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
A bit further down Park, Nick Carbone, former Hartford politician and then developer was very badly mugged while walking in the afternoon. Serious brain injury. maybe 10 years ago.
Being a politician may be the only caveat.

Reaction Score
The bus is for poor people.

This is so dumb.

Somehow Europe has embraced public transportation but we look down on people who use it in the Northeast while we complain about parking and continue to destroy the Earth with incessant need to have a car for every person.

Reaction Score
This is so dumb.

Somehow Europe has embraced public transportation but we look down on people who use it in the Northeast while we complain about parking and continue to destroy the Earth with incessant need to have a car for every person.

Just curious. When was the last time you rode a city bus?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Being a politician may be the only caveat.
My guess is the thugs who got him had no idea who was. Obviously they were lost on the way to Keney Park. Muggers always confuse Pope Park with Keney. Deepster isn't safe anywhere in Hartford, the place where poor people take the bus.

Reaction Score
Just curious. When was the last time you rode a city bus?

Last week. I live and work in New Haven so when it rains or snows, I take the bus. Way easier than paying for parking. Especially with the TransitApp allowing me to track the buses by GPS so I know pretty much exactly when to expect them and where they go.

Reaction Score
My guess is the thugs who got him had no idea who was. Obviously they were lost on the way to Keney Park. Muggers always confuse Pope Park with Keney. Deepster isn't safe anywhere in Hartford, the place where poor people take the bus.

I wouldn't say the entire city is unsafe. But lots of it are.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say the entire city is unsafe. But lots of it are.
"If you walk down the street in any city you're gonna be shot,". Donald J Trump POTUS and Deepster. Hospitals overflowing with the millions of Americans who are shot while walking city streets.

Since this started about being wary of playing golf at Keney Park. , stats please on the number of golfers robbed or attacked on the Keney course or while leaving the course. Pure nonsense. More chance of having your home broken into in Avon. It's the drug dealers and users shooting each other, not known for attacking golfers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom