Mamadou a "top performer" tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mamadou a "top performer" tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien as a freshman....not a bruiser.

Mamadou has a year of high school left to play - it's all right if he doesn't look like Jeff Adrien yet.
Didn't mean anything by that

Very happy to hear a future Husky of ours is doing well.

C

Chief00

JA was the last Big that was real serious about lifting and showed the results. KOs strength coach is more of a gymnastics strength guy - I think he hoed Boat out a lot. But, sometimes for Bigs - you just want to see the big muscles and kick butt attitude.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien as a freshman....not a bruiser.

Mamadou has a year of high school left to play - it's all right if he doesn't look like Jeff Adrien yet.

And to add on to your point...it's alright if he doesn't become JA, either. He was one of the best players on one of our best teams ever. In fact, odds are very good he won't become an Adrien-clone.

C

Chief00

I guess that's one way to improve stamina.

I liked Adrian a lot - guys learned to give him some space after a rebound or else they would be wearing an elbow.

One thing Calhoun never was 100% successful teaching Jeff was the quick outlet pass, despite his best efforts. A rebound was a Kodak moment - but hey he got a ton of them.

I am glad he got some NBA time.

Reaction Score
I love the hilarity in measuring their height without shoes or socks. Are they going to play basketball barefoot? Then I don't care how tall they are barefoot... just let us know the guy is 6'7" and doesn't wear lifts in his sneakers, we can judge on that

I feel the absolute opposite way. I prefer to know how tall a guy is barefoot. Then it's an even playing field to compare players. Different sneakers have different soles. Heck, he might 6'9 in heels, but that's irrelevant. I mean, I'm 7'6 standing on box. 6'4 when I wear Louboutins. 6'1 in Nikes. 5'11 barefoot.

Reaction Score
I feel the absolute opposite way. I prefer to know how tall a guy is barefoot. Then it's an even playing field to compare players. Different sneakers have different soles. Heck, he might 6'9 in heels, but that's irrelevant. I mean, I'm 7'6 standing on box. 6'4 when I wear Louboutins. 6'1 in Nikes. 5'11 barefoot.
But you're not in heels, standing on a box, wearing Louboutins or barefoot when you're playing basketball. But you are in Nikes. So if you're measuring to compare everyone shouldn't you be in the basketball sneakers you play in? Or you could use the height barefoot if all sneakers were the same.

Reaction Score
Seems to me like their needs to be stricter regulations on approved nba footwear. Midsole thickness should have a strict tolerance to ensure no message board posters are confused about the true height of a basketball player on the court

Reaction Score
But you're not in heels, standing on a box, wearing Louboutins or barefoot when you're playing basketball. But you are in Nikes. So if you're measuring to compare everyone shouldn't you be in the basketball sneakers you play in? Or you could use the height barefoot if all sneakers were the same.

Players change sneakers. If a guy goes from a Nike to an Adidas from one season to the next, and there is a half an inch difference, does his height get adjusted?

And are these kids measured in the same shoes they play in? An inch can be the difference between a school offering you or not. It can be the difference in where a player gets drafted. So the incentive is there for kids to game the system.

At the end of the day, I think the point of heigh measurements is relative to the other players. So why not just have a uniform system for measurement?

Lastly, do you think football players should be weighed in pads? After all, they play in pads.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just the fact that you know what Louboutin's are costs you your man card.

Reaction Score
Just the fact that you know what Louboutin's are costs you your man card.
LOL. I actually I don't but I was just copying ChrisSmith's post. So I guess he's the one that knows what they are. :)

Just looked up what Louboutin's are. Well if anybody could actually run up and down the court with those things it would add a few inches to any basketball player's height.

Reaction Score
LOL. I actually I don't but I was just copying ChrisSmith's post. So I guess he's the one that knows what they are. :)

Just looked up what Louboutin's are. Well if anybody could actually run up and down the court with those things it would add a few inches to any basketball player's height.
If you got a lady in your life, you should have heard of them or know what they are. Lol nothing wrong with that

Reaction Score
If you got a lady in your life, you should have heard of them or know what they are. Lol nothing wrong with that
My wife is like Imelda Marcos when it comes to shoes but you think I pay attention to what brand of shoes she buys? I just get the pleasure of paying the credit card bill after she buys them!

Reaction Score
My wife is like Imelda Marcos when it comes to shoes but you think I pay attention to what brand of shoes she buys? I just get the pleasure of paying the credit card bill after she buys them!
Whaaaaaat? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky