Makai Ashton Lankford | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton Lankford

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that MAL is now out of the Providence rotation now. He is shooting 10% on 3 pointer n 45% on FTs for the yr. He has't hit a three pointer since November. I saw this coming when I watch his HS games. He can't shoot and is grossly overrated. He took an extra prep yr to work on his shooting n that got him no where. Base on this, his shooting will never be adequate for him to play in the NBA. We could use him this yr given our short rotations. Just want everyone to know that I think we got a better deal with one yr of AA and 4 yrs of Akinjo

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that MAL is now out of the Providence rotation now. He is shooting 10% on 3 pointer n 45% on FTs for the yr. He has't hit a three pointer since November. I saw this coming when I watch his HS games. He can't shoot and is grossly overrated. He took an extra prep yr to work on his shooting n that got him no where. Base on this, his shooting will never be adequate for him to play in the NBA. We could use him this yr given our short rotations. Just want everyone to know that I think we got a better deal with one yr of AA and 4 yrs of Akinjo
Are you and Javjudah the same person?

Reaction Score
No, but I have noticed that Hami has been playing well at UK.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'll take MAL over , and Soph MAL over Akinjo. Not a slight on Akinjo, but I think MAL is gonna be an above average NCAA player at some point.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'll take MAL over , and Soph MAL over Akinjo. Not a slight on Akinjo, but I think MAL is gonna be an above average NCAA player at some point.

Given UCONN's personnel, no. Akinjo can shoot, and they desperately need multiple shooters from the perimeter.

Overall, I think the premise is a bit off as I doubt it was an either or thing anyway. Needed both.

Reaction Score
nobody has any idea what would happen concerning things that haven't happened or did not happen so it's all wrong

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
That may be true, but there's a guy over at LSU who is doing pretty well for himself down there.

Reaction Score
I felt this way when I watched them at Mohegan. Sad thing is he is exactly the type of guy we recruit. For some reason our philosophy is the dribble drive can't shoot guards.

Reaction Score
Antoine Anderson might be the worst basketball player in UConn history, good lord.

Reaction Score
I would take him every day over Garrison. And Darius Smith too. I guess I could go on.
Thankfully they never got anything more than spot minutes. Ollie's got Antwoine out there the whole game.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Ollie is going to get ripped for losing him constantly, it does matter that we can evaluate what was lost.
Different system, tough to gauge how he would play here.

Think Curtis Kelly at K State or Doug Wrenn at Washington...all guys that didn't do much here but needed a switch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom