Makai Ashton Langford asks for Release | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton Langford asks for Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And the UConn women fall in OT. This has been the year from hell for UConn sports

Reaction Score
And the UConn women fall in OT. This has been the year from hell for UConn sports
At least the PATS won it for me or I would have nothing to cheer for in sports this year.

Reaction Score
You are high. This statement makes no sense.
you said no one will recruit like Ollie in the AAC. Ollie has lost 3 kids from the last three classes and one hasn't even stepped foot on campus. but as long as he can get them to sign you act like it's a victory. Wins are all that matter. Whether it's with top 10 kids or sub 100 kids

Reaction Score
Yes, it does. Because this is one year. And as I've said, they are leaving because they are losing.

The next guy isn't going to recruit like this.
You seriously think all of what's happened this week is just because they lost a lot of games this season?

Reaction Score
You seriously think all of what's happened this week is just because they lost a lot of games this season?
he's delusional. let's just hang on as zionn put it and wait for more bad news and see if he changes his tune

hint: he won't. everything here's a-ok

Reaction Score
Were there any Patriot fans before Tom Brady? I don't remember knowing any when I was growing up.

a lot of my friends were Giants fans growing up until the Pats won in 02. All of a sudden they were pats fans.

granted, we were 11 years old so I can't really blame them

Reaction Score
Were there any Patriot fans before Tom Brady? I don't remember knowing any when I was growing up.

There were enough of them running around, annoying people and praising Drew Bledsoe and the '96 SB run.

Reaction Score
you said no one will recruit like Ollie in the AAC. Ollie has lost 3 kids from the last three classes and one hasn't even stepped foot on campus. but as long as he can get them to sign you act like it's a victory. Wins are all that matter. Whether it's with top 10 kids or sub 100 kids

He had one bad year and kids are leaving because of the losing.

You concocted a sentence that read recruiting is more important than winning.

That is crazy and asinine. Never said that anywhere. Don't know where you get that from.

C

Chief00

IDK either. You have open minutes galore and 2 kids who proclaimed to have UCONN as their dream school back out of scholarships in a week. Maybe it really is Miller. He seemed to the outsider like a bland goofball but this is certainly a bad week.

It did get unnecessarily nasty.

Reaction Score

Did you grow up in Connecticut?

Because there were always Patriots fans here. In fact, one of the reasons Kraft even considered moving to Connecticut is because 20% of the Patriots season ticket holders are from Connecticut. we used to drive up all the time. Not sure how old you are but back when NBC had the AFC contract, the Patriots were on every week. In the 1990s, when the Patriots went downhill and the franchise was in turmoil, they lost a lot of fans, as happens when teams win 1 or 2 games a year, and that also coincided with a new network and less TV (as the new network started featuring the Jets).

Reaction Score
he's delusional. let's just hang on as zionn put it and wait for more bad news and see if he changes his tune

hint: he won't. everything here's a-ok

I don't take you seriously. You twist things and contort things beyond all recognition.

Never said recruiting is more important than winning.

Never said everything is OK.

I'm not even bothering with you.

Reaction Score

Losing leads to less exposure and a lot of other things. No one said that everything is OK. I didn't say that. What I am saying is that people are leaving because the program is in very rough waters. The combination of losing and the AAC is causing this. Do I believe there is a problem with development? Certainly not with guards like MAL. No way. With the bigs, sure. Enoch might have felt he was just not going to develop here. But no way should that be an issue with MAL. If MAL really feels he can't develop as a guard under Ollie, he hasn't been watching.

Reaction Score

Because there were always Patriots fans here. In fact, one of the reasons Kraft even considered moving to Connecticut is because 20% of the Patriots season ticket holders are from Connecticut. we used to drive up all the time. Not sure how old you are but back when NBC had the AFC contract, the Patriots were on every week. In the 1990s, when the Patriots went downhill and the franchise was in turmoil, they lost a lot of fans, as happens when teams win 1 or 2 games a year, and that also coincided with a new network and less TV (as the new network started featuring the Jets).

Not trying to disagree just saying in the 60's in Meriden CT I didn't know of one Patriot fan probably through to moving to WesMass in '90. There were Giants, Cowboys, Raiders and a few Jets and Steelers but no Pats fans at all and I'm not kidding. Not until Grogan did they even show up on anyone's radar in mid CT.. Not saying there weren't any but they would be very hard to find.

Reaction Score
Yes, I was a fan when Steve Grogan and Tony Eason where there losing to the Bears in the Superbowl XX. I great up a Red Sox and Patriots fan in West Hartford. Had to go through a lot of pain before loving the 2000's. With UCONN doing well that is my favorite time in sports for me.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

I'm old enough to remember when my Bears crushed the Patriots in the 1985 season Super Bowl. There were almost no Patriots fans in the western part of the state. It was Giants and Jets with sizable Cowboys and Steelers fans. I think more people in western CT rooted for the Bears than Patriots. People who are younger than 35 think it's always been Patriots country. It hasn't. The Patriots never considered moving to CT. It was a move by Kraft to get a new stadium in MA.

Reaction Score
Not trying to disagree just saying in the 60's in Meriden CT I didn't know of one Patriot fan probably through to moving to WesMass in '90. There were Giants, Cowboys, Raiders and a few Jets and Steelers but no Pats fans at all and I'm not kidding. Not until Grogan did they even show up on anyone's radar in mid CT.. Not saying there weren't any but they would be very hard to find.

Well that's a different story. I am a bit younger, still in my 40s, started watching in the mid 70s, and became a fan in 1976. But I'm not at all surprised that there weren't many fans of a losing AFL expansion franchise in the 1960s. I think the original poster's question is about Pats fans prior to 2001.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You are correct, no Patriots fans growing up in Plainville in the 70's. Very few Jets fans too. Just Giants and all the front runner Steeler, Cowboy and Dolphins fans.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Losing leads to less exposure and a lot of other things. No one said that everything is OK. I didn't say that. What I am saying is that people are leaving because the program is in very rough waters. The combination of losing and the AAC is causing this. Do I believe there is a problem with development? Certainly not with guards like MAL. No way. With the bigs, sure. Enoch might have felt he was just not going to develop here. But no way should that be an issue with MAL. If MAL really feels he can't develop as a guard under Ollie, he hasn't been watching.
Guards are the only thing we develop.

Reaction Score
Well that's a different story. I am a bit younger, still in my 40s, started watching in the mid 70s, and became a fan in 1976. But I'm not at all surprised that there weren't many fans of a losing AFL expansion franchise in the 1960s. I think the original poster's question is about Pats fans prior to 2001.

yeah just throwing out the landscape of the area when an old fart was growing up.

Reaction Score
They were definitely in the Hartford area when I was growing up in the 80's. I believe everybody north of Hartford were Patriots fans. Of course being down in Meriden I can see were you would only find New York fans.

Reaction Score
They were definitely in the Hartford area when I was growing up in the 80's. I believe everybody north of Hartford were Patriots fans. Of course being down in Meriden I can see were you would only find New York fans.

I was in New Haven, and most of the people were Giants fans, a handful of Patriots fans (about 8 of us would drive up in 2 cars to Foxboro a couple times a year), with very few Jets fans.

As I said, 20% of the season ticket holder fanbase was from Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom