Makai Ashton Langford asks for Release | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton Langford asks for Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whether the final rumor/domino to fall happens or not there is no way this is going down because Miller was canned. You don't see mass exoduses like this because an assistant gets axed, only when the HC goes. Has to be a lot more going down.

Reaction Score
Just lock this thread already.
yeah there will be plenty of content if/when the other shoe drops. might as well not waste it here.

5yht93.jpg

Reaction Score
Of course there are, Fartman69. But there are also a ton of other people who have Ollie halfway out the door. I can't imagine you can't see that.
I see that. A terrible season will do that. An awful off season will do that too.

Reaction Score
Really going to pretend there aren't loyalist defenders when someone says anything slightly critical?

Several posters in this thread are calling for his firing. That's slack?

Reaction Score
UConn is not hiring an assistant at Washington as its next head coach.

Everyone is an assistant at some point. Calhoun has a connection with Chillious as we saw that he got him his first HC job in CT high school. It's not that crazy. Not that it's a done deal like you are concluding, but that the hire was made with that possibility in mind.

Reaction Score
Everyone is an assistant at some point. Calhoun has a connection with Chillious as we saw that he got him his first HC job in CT high school. It's not that crazy.

Chillious was a guy whose name got mentioned for jobs like Seattle U. Not UCONN. Unless you have some nice connections, your first head coaching job is not at a UCONNesque program.

Reaction Score
Everyone is an assistant at some point. Calhoun has a connection with Chillious as we saw that he got him his first HC job in CT high school. It's not that crazy.

High School? Entirely different world.

You don't go from being an assistant to coaching UConn.

You start as an assistant and then get a HC job at a lower school.

Reaction Score
High School? Entirely different world.

You don't go from being an assistant to coaching UConn.

You start as an assistant and then get a HC job at a lower school.

Our football program tried it ;)

Reaction Score
Several posters in this thread are calling for his firing. That's slack?
Would you be defending him in every single thread if he wasn't hand picked by Calhoun? Would the built in excuses be used in any thread just slightly critical of Ollie if he wasn't part of the family?

Reaction Score
Would you be defending him in every single thread if he wasn't hand picked by Calhoun? Would the built in excuses be used in any thread just slightly critical of Ollie if he wasn't part of the family?

I'm defending him because he coached his butt off a few years ago, he is recruiting as well as anyone can in the AAC, and because he has a lot of intangibles. It is crazy to can a guy after a bad year.

Go look at Jay Wright's multiple bad years.

Reaction Score
I'm defending him because he coached his butt off a few years ago, he is recruiting as well as anyone can in the AAC, and because he has a lot of intangibles. It is crazy to can a guy after a bad year.

does it matter if he can recruit if the players don't stay? or they sign and then ask for a release?

Reaction Score
If come november we are starting JA, CV a couple of D2 players and a walkon at that time I will want answers.

Reaction Score

He has built up way too much goodwill to get canned for a bad year, or even two. His coaching potential seems to be extremely high. You should defend him. We are just hoping the defections are independent actions, which realistic doubt is being cast upon.

Reaction Score
does it matter if he can recruit if the players don't stay? or they sign and then ask for a release?

Yes, it does. Because this is one year. And as I've said, they are leaving because they are losing.

The next guy isn't going to recruit like this.

Reaction Score
Yes, it does. Because this is one year. And as I've said, they are leaving because they are losing.

The next guy isn't going to recruit like this.
yeah a stable of good recruits that leave is worth a lot more than wins. got it.

Reaction Score
Yup. Just hasn't hit the wire yet. But it's done. And the other rumored guy needed to be begged off the ledge.

Other than more kids leaving, do you have any info as to why these departures are happening?

Reaction Score
Other than more kids leaving, do you have any info as to why these departures are happening?
99 said that the word on the street is kids don't trust Ollie to coach them/help them improve. who knows if that's the only thing going on or if it's even true

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
99 said that the word on the street is kids don't trust Ollie to coach them/help them improve. who knows if that's the only thing going on or if it's even true
They've been reading the BY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog