Major (non-coaching) change happening to UConn this week | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Major (non-coaching) change happening to UConn this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK, so, if there is any truth to Maryland and Rutty leaving (and I am sure some ACC insiders heard rumblings of this within the last couple of weeks) then maybe Uconn has been moving behind the scenes to step up to the front of the line to take the Terps spot?

Reaction Score
OK, so, if there is any truth to Maryland and Rutty leaving (and I am sure some ACC insiders heard rumblings of this within the last couple of weeks) then maybe Uconn has been moving behind the scenes to step up to the front of the line to take the Terps spot?
I am hoping this is somehow connected to the recent smoke of conference realignments. I really hope the silence is a positive for us.

Reaction Score
Truth to MD and ru to b10? Yes, lots of truth. Us to ACC? Who knows what'll happen there.

Reaction Score
Ummmm, Mr. Money, can you come back and tell us about those dots again? Sorry about not believing you and all.

Reaction Score
Too much coincidence with this original post and all the news of conference realignment?

Reaction Score
Just read that fox (majority owner of BTN) bought YES. I think game over for a dream of UCONN in b1g. CT residents will already be paying high carriage for BTN when it is packaged with YES.

Reaction Score
Just read that fox (majority owner of BTN) bought YES. I think game over for a dream of UCONN in b1g. CT residents will already be paying high carriage for BTN when it is packaged with YES.
How is that not the same for Rutgers? Just saying.

Reaction Score
How is that not the same for Rutgers? Just saying.

I had already jumped to the conclusion of RU to b1g, prematurely or not. Many more Yankee fans in NJ so it seems that RU gets to ride the pinstripes...

Reaction Score
Now I think the original post in this string was legit. I heard Turgeon the MD BB coach say today that he has know for about 7 days. That timing is logical, these things could not happen overnight. But if the ACC was surprised by Maryland's move, was the ACC talking to us last week? Probably not. Who then? B1G?

Maybe we are in play for B1G? If you think about our BE experience - the pundits do not reward top to bottom strength in a FB conference. Better to have a few heavyweights that can run the conference table. Maybe the Big 10 has this view and to prop their historical powers they would rather add middleweights in FB. That explains Maryland, Rutgers. I'm on board if they want to bring on the Huskies and maybe UVA based on the same assumption.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Now I think the original post in this string was legit. I heard Turgeon the MD BB coach say today that he has know for about 7 days. That timing is logical, these things could not happen overnight. But if the ACC was surprised by Maryland's move, was the ACC talking to us last week? Probably not. Who then? B1G?

Maybe we are in play for B1G? If you think about our BE experience - the pundits do not reward top to bottom strength in a FB conference. Better to have a few heavyweights that can run the conference table. Maybe the Big 10 has this view and to prop their historical powers they would rather add middleweights in FB. That explains Maryland, Rutgers. I'm on board if they want to bring on the Huskies and maybe UVA based on the same assumption.

If that was the plan, why does the news re UMD & Rutgers leak but not the rest? I think it's a pipedream.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
If that was the plan, why does the news re UMD & Rutgers leak but not the rest? I think it's a pipedream.

Delaney: "we thought we should seriously think about contiguous states, AAU (Association of American Universities, which concentrates on research) institutions and to determine whether or not that was plausible." Based on that, unlikely we're in the mix for B1G at this point. Also unlikely acc was unaware MD was talking to B1G. More likely that Herbst went to BoT last week to get approval to accept an acc invite if it were to come.

Reaction Score
BoT's supposedly being informed this week. Some high level donors have received hints, but are left to connect the dots.

Not saying this is the news he is referring to but he does not say if it was good or bad news, just major, I guess this would qualify as major.
I hate to be a debby downer but if we don’t land on our feet this time we are screwed.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I keep thinking back to this post. Maybe there's a reason that UConn's leadership has been so quiet? We'll all know soon enough!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think Herbst has gotten the word that UConn will have a safe landing spot and it's simply a matter of sitting tight.

Reaction Score
Mr. Uconn money, can you please join us again? See my personal appeal to nostical in the other thread with his name in the title. That should have been addressed to you as well. Little help?

Reaction Score
Well we got our answer the major change is..... relegation to Mid Major status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom