MAC and CUSA Say No To UConn Football- Independence Is Next | Page 5 | The Boneyard

MAC and CUSA Say No To UConn Football- Independence Is Next

Reaction Score
People are so clueless. UConn has done more in football than SMU has since the 70’s when they gave recruits houses and Cadillacs. Everyone has an opinion why we shouldn’t try. I’ll say it again, they fear us. We win at the major sports. These schools pushing us out of FBS because we can’t compete, can’t compete either. The only difference is we’ve been to the Fiesta Bowl, won Big East titles, consistently sold out our stadium and won like 14 national championships in basketball since they’ve last had a 9 win football season. Don’t stand for it. UConn needs to create the narrative and they’d better start ASAP. This is ridiculous. SMU fan telling us why we can’t be big time. Lol. Loser school.
We never beat SMU in football. We were their first win after being reinstated after the death penalty.

Reaction Score
What part?

If you want to field a competitive team, where are you going to get the recruits to make it happen? Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania???

Stop. A decade ago, without our University having been moved, within a few year period we won at Iowa State, at Notre Dame, home and home against Baylor, at Wake Forest, over South Carolina in Birmingham, at Wake Forest, home and home against Duke and home to UVA. Putting aside conference wins against NE teams (as well as Louisville and USF). Maybe Storrs was in Florida then and I'm just not recalling.

We couldn't compete because we made bad coaching hires. No more, no less. For a period of time we had teams good enough to compete in the American. Probably not win but compete.

Reaction Score
We never beat SMU in football. We were their first win after being reinstated after the death penalty.

Thanks. So I guess SMU played in a BCS bowl and won 14 NC’s in recent years? Did they put 30 kids in the NFL too?

Beating us in a down period doesn’t give their fans the right to say we should shut down our program given our body of work vs theirs. It’s comical.

Reaction Score
Thanks. So I guess SMU played in a BCS bowl and won 14 NC’s in recent years? Did they put 30 kids in the NFL too?

Beating us in a down period doesn’t give their fans the right to say we should shut down our program given our body of work vs theirs. It’s comical.

1) All those NC’s are why you are going to the Big East. UConn is a great BB school.

2) Last season, SMU had 13 players in the NFL. UConn had 11. Source: ESPN.com.

3) You do realize that UConn was in a Power conference when it went to a major bowl? Your problems are largely the result of what ESPN and the ACC did to the Big East.

Reaction Score
When you were in the Big East, you could recruit against BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers, Maryland,etc on somewhat even terms. Moving to the AAC killed your recruiting.

AAC schools in Texas and Florida face the same reality. But, there are hundreds of players in Texas and Florida who will get FCS scholarships. You guys are getting the players out of Texas and Florida that other AAC (and often CUSA) schools don’t prioritize.

Look at these players offer lists.

(Remember, some offers are not commitable)

You clearly didn’t follow our recruiting when we were in the Big East. We never recruited well on paper. There is so much going on and you are uninformed this isn’t a worthwhile discussion.

Reaction Score
You clearly didn’t follow our recruiting when we were in the Big East. We never recruited well on paper. There is so much going on and you are uninformed this isn’t a worthwhile discussion.

So you blame your recent poor recruiting on coaching?

Reaction Score
I agree that uConn did a good job in the Big East. Furthermore, I am disappointed that you got screwed out of your rightful place in the ACC. Plus, Maryland and Rutgers got B10 spots - # You guys had better FB and BB programs than either of them.

But the fact remains that your recruiting in the AAC has been atrocious and has been getting worse. Don’t look at the stars, look at the offers your recruits had and check if their “good” offers were committable. Better coaching can’t fix huge talent gaps.

Good luck. I really am a UConn fan. I hope you kill it in the Big East and I hope your FB team finds a good home. Uconn deserved better than it got from realignment. Of all the school impacted by it, you got dealt the worst blow.
1) All those NC’s are why you are going to the Big East. UConn is a great BB school.

2) Last season, SMU had 13 players in the NFL. UConn had 11. Source: ESPN.com.

3) You do realize that UConn was in a Power conference when it went to a major bowl? Your problems are largely the result of what ESPN and the ACC did to the Big East.

So you had two more players in the NFL than us even though we’ve been the worst FBS team for 3-4 years? Our 14 nattys are a detriment compared to your zero? Keep in mind, ours titles rule the NCAA.

Omg. Thank God we are out of this septic system. SMU...unreal.

Reaction Score
So you had two more players in the NFL than us even though we’ve been the worst FBS team for 3-4 years? Our 14 nattys are a detriment compared to your zero? Keep in mind, ours titles rule the NCAA.

Omg. Thank God we are out of this septic system. SMU...unreal.

Again:
In Basketball, you are a power which is why the Big East agreed to take Uconn.

In Football, you are a hot mess and your leaders just made it worse. That is a fact.

Reaction Score
Maybe now that UConn has so many catholic peers, the church can get Norte Dame to do a scheduling agreement.

Instead of an on campus stadium...a small cathedral ought to do it.

Reaction Score
... not one to typically attribute results to refs who usually are not supposed to enable wins, but SMU’s <1st post-death sentence win> shared similarities with repeated dubious late calls several years ago in South Bend. At ND, they ran out of time and calls as we defeated the Fighting Irish.

Reaction Score
Again:
In Basketball, you are a power which is why the Big East agreed to take Uconn.

In Football, you are a hot mess and your leaders just made it worse. That is a fact.

Through most of the years since 2000, SMU has been a hot mess.

We need our Fanbase back. Playing Texas peeps from Mustangville didn’t move the needle. We will be excited winning another National Championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom