Lyle McCombs no longer part of Football Team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lyle McCombs no longer part of Football Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never said keep your mouth shut. But you go ahead..

This is who I directed my post at, but unfortunately I did not quote him at the time. There was just no need for it. Especially from a drive by newbie.

Haha, this right here is why I'm a "drive by newbie." According to you I can't participate in a discussion and express a very valid opinion because I don't post often enough like a "seasoned online message board professional." There is a very real need for us to discuss his past public transgressions and hold him accountable to them so that we don't become accustomed to them in the future. Again, I was not attacking him or happy about his current situation. I was pointing out very real and publicly stated problems and agreeing with the decision that was made to move on without him on the team.

I feel that Delo will have a great season coming up and look forward to newsome and mariner battling it out for playing time behind him. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I never said keep your mouth shut. But you go ahead..

Yes, you most certainly did.

"Let's just wish Lyle the best and keep our comments to a thank you and good luck type message."

Reaction Score
I think there's a middle ground here and not everything is black and white.

I don't think people should go out of their way to bash LM.

But I also think it's ridiculous to not expect people to discuss his background given Diaco's comments.

I don't buy the glass houses and keep your mouths shut just because LM's father posts here. They're D1 football players in the public eye. I say all of this with the utmost respect for Puppy4.

I wish Lyle and his dad nothing but the best. Hopefully Lyle will learn from his mistakes as he moves on in life. That's really all I have to say on the matter.

See, this is the kind of thing that is weird around here. It's something that has carried through for a while I think. WHen I first started writing a few years ago now - I pretty much had to everything short of a blood, urine and fingerprints to prove that I was NOT related to Zach Frazer. All based on the things I was writing about players, and all based on their performance on the field, and who I thought was doing well, and who wasn't and shoudl be playing and all that. What fans do. Weirdest thing ever. I'm still not related to Frazer btw.

last season, I blew my top after the UCF game - questioned a lot of stuff about the players and the program based on what happened during that game. A certain player happened to be the focus of my blowing my top. It was all based on, on field performance. What I saw, in behaviours, and performances. Lost my . I don't take a word back for it either. It was all accurate and on point in my opinion.

What happened? A certain parent decided to take offense and respond. (my personal opinion is that parents and friends should avoid fan forums like this at all costs, but whatever).

The powers that be that control this environment reprimanded me. For breaking the rule about being a d0uche.

I found that out, and still find it odd, that I was breaking the rule about being a d0uche, yet when it comes to things like attacking a players actual character and behavior off the field, which is something I try to avoid to do, and pretty sure I did do, and I kept going back yesterday when it became pretty clear that this leaving the program was not voluntary, things that were written and said about Cody Endres - specifically his character, when he not only was told he wouldn't play anymore, but also got his scholarship pulled, that I just decided to delete some stuff - which just happened to be quotes from the head coach anyway - nothing inflammatory - because I knew that friends and family were going to find out anyway, and I didn't want to be a contributor to that.

All of that, before sportsart wrote his post.

I think that it would be a good idea that there be guidelines of some basic sort, beyond - breaking the rules about being a - when somebody in a forum like this actually chooses to identify themselves as a relative of a player. whatever sport. Not for me to decide though.

That's all I'll write in this thread. Don't want to cause anymore undue aging process to the children reading.

Reaction Score
Great points by a few on the "kid" thing. We forget there are 18 and 19 year-old kids sitting in Afghanistan getting their shot at. Somehow we assume college means kid, and we give them an extended lease of stupidity and irresponsibility.

Reaction Score
You are just rambling now. Who did I disrespect in those quotes?

Reaction Score
When you're representing your University on a national scale, whether as an athlete, a coach, or some high-ranking academic person, you should be held to a higher standard than an average person at the University. Average ordinary professors can get away with things that Susan Herbst cannot because she is the President and has a higher public image standard she needs to maintain. If a random professor yells at protestors on campus (which happened) the University doesn't bother to take action, but if President Herbst did the same thing, yelling at them and getting in their face, she could very well be removed from the position, since she has to maintain a better public image. Similarly, Bob Diaco, as head coach, has to meet a higher standard of conduct than average university employees, in athletics or otherwise, since he's a public face of the University on a national level. If Diaco does something inappropriate, it's a national embarrassment to the University. Same with Susan Herbst. If a random employee, whether in academics or athletics, does something inappropriate, it's not nearly as damaging to the University's reputation.

So why shouldn't the same apply to athletes themselves? If a random student did the same things Lyle McCombs did, nobody would really know or care. It certainly wouldn't damage the university's reputation. But when McCombs does these things, it's national news and it's embarrassing for the University. If you can't handle being held to a higher standard than regular students, you shouldn't be representing the University on a national stage. Plain and simple.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll go down this cobra hole. That's why several people, myself included, were irritated with TO on the basketball team. He kept repeating the same mistakes and was hurting the team by his repeated actions.

Yeah, they mighta won the whole thing by more points.

Reaction Score
How bad was Pasqualoni?

His mistake may have been bigger than Lyle's in the incident that is being discussed.

What a debacle that guy was.

No argument from me.....

Reaction Score
How bad was Pasqualoni?

His mistake may have been bigger than Lyle's in the incident that is being discussed.

What a debacle that guy was.

In hindsight, P was trying to cut corners with the program. Let a kid play that he should not have (at least the RU game), yet not demand the utmost committment to off season conditioning.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I deleted the post because Zoo is right. I'm letting it go. You're a good guy. We can agree to disagree on this.

He may be, but he is one high and mighty sanctimonious individual.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

So which jerseys are they gonna sell at the CO-OP now?

Bernie Palmer 10

Reaction Score
Why post something like this without impetus? Where is the negative personal post? Every one so far has been at least neutral with a lot of will wishes. In fact, the most negative sentiment was from McCombs' former head coach.

Just an odd pre-emptive post in my opinion.
Yeah, because if you frequent the BB forum you'd have seen Prince Ali's decommitment thread (or the thread about Rock's weight) and know that bitter/disrespectful posts with nothing but negative undertones regarding young men in their late teens/early 20s right in front of their parents' monitors are not uncommon here at the BY. It's just not a good look.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah, because if you frequent the BB forum you'd have seen Prince Ali's decommitment thread (or the thread about Rock's weight) and know that bitter/disrespectful posts with nothing but negative undertones regarding young men in their late teens/early 20s right in front of their parents' monitors are not uncommon here at the BY. It's just not a good look.

Read my posts a little further down in the thread. I've already said my last word on thos subject.

Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:

Serious question. Is the BY any better or worse than other schools' forums in that regard? Is that part of the game in general these days?

Doesn't make it right but just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69