LSU WBB coach Nikki Fargas has stepped down | Page 5 | The Boneyard

LSU WBB coach Nikki Fargas has stepped down

Reaction Score
Agree somewhat, however there's always the wanna go back home, time for a change decision.
Outside the money factor. If her desire is truly to go home eventually, that’s the only way I see her taking this. She is 58, so she is heading towards the back end of her career, this would be it or the time.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they offer her and all her Baylor recruits follow. :D
Lol, Baylor is set up for a big year next season. The year after will be a pretty significant rebuild losing Egbo, Smith, Bickle, Kamaria.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Smith or any of the other players would follow Kim to LSU if she took the job.

Reaction Score
Lol, Baylor is set up for a big year next season. The year after will be a pretty significant rebuild losing Egbo, Smith, Bickle, Kamaria.
That's why I figured we are a year early lol. Now if she take that offer. We better make room for a few of her talent.

Not getting my hopes high...

I can see we are aiming for a blockbuster hire.

Reaction Score
That's why I figured we are a year early lol. Now if she take that offer. We better make room for a few of her talent.
IF she hypothetically came. I’m sure it wouldn’t take long for her to flip the roster around. Although it may take a couple years.

Reaction Score
I'll have fun with this. Questions to ask:

Is Kim ready to start building her retirement compound in LA?

Are her kids living in LA and starting to have grandkids?

Is she bored/burned out and longs for the excitement of building a program and being the under dog again?

Has the Baylor U record on sexual misconduct and lack of inclusion getting too much? Can't say LSU is all that better.

Does she feel like the men's program is feeling it a bit too much and she needs some attention? A little raise? Can't have too many bedazzled and tassled jackets.

I think the last question is driving her drama.....

Reaction Score
Rumor coming out of the SEC has LSU offering Mulkey - well, you know what they say about rumors.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that's Khayla Pointer who is Nikki's niece.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, unless Kim plans on leaving her successor at Baylor a going-away present of her patented "graduated +1-for-us point guard" specials, I'd say she's looking to make a run in 2021-22 in Waco.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, unless Kim plans on leaving her successor at Baylor a going-away present of her patented "graduated +1-for-us point guard" specials, I'd say she's looking to make a run in 2021-22 in Waco.

It was always a long shot to get her. Still waiting on the official release by LSU on Nikki leaving...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Translation, Kim would like a raise. She’s not going anywhere.
I don't know ...
1. It is the one school in the country that I think could tempt her.
2. She is of an age where a new challenge might also tempt her and she has enough career time left to be able to rebuild the program.
3. This is likely the last time that job opening will exist within that career window - a new coach will likely get a minimum of five years whether they succeed or not. And five years from now is probably the the start of her career end game.
4. I also suspect that everything isn't all flowers and roses between her and the Baylor administration - not bad enough to just leave for another job, but not good enough to not at least seriously consider a 'dream job'.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't know ...
1. It is the one school in the country that I think could tempt her.
2. She is of an age where a new challenge might also tempt her and she has enough career time left to be able to rebuild the program.
3. This is likely the last time that job opening will exist within that career window - a new coach will likely get a minimum of five years whether they succeed or not. And five years from now is probably the the start of her career end game.
4. I also suspect that everything isn't all flowers and roses between her and the Baylor administration - not bad enough to just leave for another job, but not good enough to not at least seriously consider a 'dream job'.
Well, I think logically about this, she's from Louisiana, played at LA Tech from Fall 1980 to Spring 1984 and then coached at LA Tech from Fall 1985 until April 2000. Both her children were born in Louisiana. She spent her first 38 years in Louisiana and the last 21 in Waco, Texas. IF Vic can go home to Texas at age 60, why can't Kim go home at age 59?

I do not think this is a salary ploy (ala Jeff Walz) but she could be getting a salary raise if she does stay. My salary recollection based on an article about her from a few years ago is she's at about $1.85 million per year but it could low/wrong as Baylor is a private institution and does not have to disclose.

Reaction Score
Can you “announce” a hiring for a job that hasn’t been publicly posted yet?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

That can only mean one thing, right?

homerpopcorn.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members