LSU Tenn thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LSU Tenn thoughts

Reaction Score
LSU is going to bomb in the second round of the NCAA, just like they did against tOhio State last year, after Kim barely coached them past Jackson State in the first round 83-77.
I agree, she isn’t a good coach. They will flame out early like most over rated Mulkey teams. I won’t be surprised if they lose in the first round

Once TN hires a real coach, LSU will be third in the pecking order in the SEC

The days of her having a massive talent advantage are over. She won’t be able to recruit against Dawn

Reaction Score
Lol lawd I thought LSU hate was only for Twitter. .

I think we have flaws we have to fight through. But this team is well equipped to make it out of Baton Rouge the first two rounds. Without injuries of course.

Reaction Score
LSU is going to bomb in the second round of the NCAA, just like they did against tOhio State last year, after Kim barely coached them past Jackson State in the first round 83-77.
Whatever happens, this year has been such a fun totally unexpected bonus year. This team has totally overachieved and in the process galvanized wbb fans in Baton Rouge. I would think LSU would be top 5 in attendance. It's possible that some LS U fans see this team with rose colored glasses but fans that follow wbb as a whole understand that a rebuild on the level that LSU is attempting doesn't happen in year 2.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I get all the "homerism" where logic and common sense are thrown out the window letting emotions and passions run wild but this thread is about 2 teams NOT named UConn. The NCAA Title will be decided on the court of play and not by some poll, which we know is not indicative of quality of the team (and why being ranked #1 before a tournament should not warrant a banner :rolleyes:).

That said, to say Kim Mulkey is overrated is absurd. She's won 3 national titles with 3 completely different teams in different eras. Yes maybe she could or should have won more with Griner but she is still an outstanding coach. She took over a putrid team in LSU LAST YEAR and brought them to the tournament where they hadn't made an appearance since 2017 AND they hadn't won a first round game since 2014. She drastically over-achieved and didn't know what this team's roster was going to be comprised of when she created who schedule-YES, Angel Reese (who was coached by Chloe Pavlich-former UConn grad assistant) signed with LSU AFTER the schedule was created. Now I am not defending Kim's practice of regularly scheduling cupcakes but she has been known to play tougher opponents when she knows she has a better team. I suspect that next year, with Reese returning and #2 prospect Mikayla Williams arriving on campus, that Kim will play a "slightly" better OOC plus the SEC will ensure she gets both SC and Tennessee twice next year.

Ignore the pollsters, they do not seed the teams for the NCAAT. Hopefully the committee will correctly use the tools they have and see through the holes in the LSU schedule and seed them accordingly. However, the committee is made up of 11 members, 5 of whom are P5 members so there is some scrutiny that I am sure will arise.

Reaction Score
Whatever happens, this year has been such a fun totally unexpected bonus year. This team has totally overachieved and in the process galvanized wbb fans in Baton Rouge. I would think LSU would be top 5 in attendance. It's possible that some LS U fans see this team with rose colored glasses but fans that follow wbb as a whole understand that a rebuild on the level that LSU is attempting doesn't happen in year 2.
I think people has undermined Kim as a coach because of her behavior. But this woman is a great coach. I didn't expect us to be where we are at year 2. But I'm also not surprised because of how much I followed Kim throughout her years at Baylor. Some intangibles and tangibles she brings as a coach will always follow her and it will always result in success.

There was never a year that went by where Baylor wasn't top 5-10 in offense, defense, rebounding....etc

Oh and I've shared my thoughts on the schedule we have the day the schedule was released.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I agree, she isn’t a good coach. They will flame out early like most over rated Mulkey teams. I won’t be surprised if they lose in the first round

Once TN hires a real coach, LSU will be third in the pecking order in the SEC

The days of her having a massive talent advantage are over. She won’t be able to recruit against Dawn

I can't tell if this is serious or if you're kidding.

Since arriving she landed the former #2 kid Angel Reese (who is going to be a 1st Team All American this year), Flaujae Johnson (who was sorely under ranked coming out of HS and in hindsight should've been a top 5 kid), and she just signed the #2 and #7 recruits in next years class. Plus LSU is potentially in the mix for the top 2 overall recruits for the 2024 class.

Prior to her arrival, LSU was 9-13 and averaged just 2,000 fans per game in the last precovid season. Her first year she takes the same group of players and leads them to a 26-6 record. This year despite having an almost completely brand new roster, she has them at 21-0, and they're averaging 8k+ fans per game (almost 10k fans per game in SEC play). Yeah the scheduling sucks and her team probably isn't really the third best in the country, but if there are 2 things Kim knows how to do, it's coach and recruit.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

I can't tell if this is serious or if you're kidding.

Since arriving she landed the former #2 kid Angel Reese (who is going to be a 1st Team All American this year), Flaujae Johnson (who was sorely under ranked coming out of HS and in hindsight should've been a top 5 kid), and she just signed the #2 and #7 recruits in next years class. Plus LSU is potentially in the mix for the top 2 overall recruits for the 2024 class.

Prior to her arrival, LSU was 9-13 and averaged just 2,000 fans per game in the last precovid season. Her first year she takes the same group of players and leads them to a 26-6 record. This year despite having an almost completely brand new roster, she has them at 21-0, and they're averaging 8k+ fans per game (almost 10k fans per game in SEC play). Yeah the scheduling sucks and her team probably isn't really the third best in the country, but if there are 2 things Kim knows how to do, it's coach and recruit.

They’re trolling. Lol.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stanford beat Tennessee by 7 at home and LSU beat Tennessee by 8 at home.
UConn beat Villanova by 5 at home and Tennessee by 17 away.
That info and $1 would buy me a cup of coffee.
I would like to know where?!!! :p

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
For all those saying South Carolina will squash LSU, that's what I thought last season when SC traveled to Baton Rouge; it ended up being SC's closest win of the season, IIRC. I think this LSU team is more talented than last season's, but last year's had more experienced players, especially in the back court. If Angel Reese gets into foul trouble, then I could see SC running away with the game as LSU just doesn't have enough depth, IMO, to overcome Reese not putting up close to her average in points and rebounds; if not for Morris scoring 31 points last night, I don't think LSU beats Tennessee as Reese was held in check most of the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just please Mulkey schedule some damn better OOC games. It would be a disservice to assemble such great transfers/recruits and play that pathetic schedule. That's all I ask. The women's game would greatly appreciate an elite coach with an elite team playing the other top teams.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Just please Mulkey schedule some damn better OOC games. It would be a disservice to assemble such great transfers/recruits and play that pathetic schedule. That's all I ask. The women's game would greatly appreciate an elite coach with an elite team playing the other top teams.

There is a reason why she has been the fastest to 300, 400, 500, 600 wins. She schedules teams like she did this year where she had a SOS of 305 prior to Conference play, she did it at Baylor now at LSU.

Reaction Score
I get coffee at the Senior discount price of $.50 from McDonalds. Pretty good coffee too

sun

Reaction Score
I'd like to know why Reese did not get a tech foul after that bizarre display/celebration after scoring and being fouled in the 3rd quarter (I believe).
Maybe because she was sharing it with her teammates being in close proximity and not directing it towards Tennessee players. so it wasn't considered to be taunting.

Reaction Score
Geno wouldn’t put up with that kind of stuff, but he never has to deal with it due to the kind of players he recruits. The more I see some of these self-aggrandizing, “look at me” kinds of players, the more I respect and appreciate Geno & CD’s unswerving dedication to recruiting a certain kind of player for their program.
Absolutely!!! Basketball is a TEAM GAME. "Look at Me" showboating activities have NO place in a Team Game. LSU had 1 player T'd up and there should/could have been at least 2 more. That Coach Mulkey allows that mind of display is sad...and I cannot respect a team or coach that do allow or do these things.

Reaction Score
I have LSU reaching the elite 8.

Reaction Score
For all those saying South Carolina will squash LSU, that's what I thought last season when SC traveled to Baton Rouge; it ended up being SC's closest win of the season, IIRC. I think this LSU team is more talented than last season's, but last year's had more experienced players, especially in the back court. If Angel Reese gets into foul trouble, then I could see SC running away with the game as LSU just doesn't have enough depth, IMO, to overcome Reese not putting up close to her average in points and rebounds; if not for Morris scoring 31 points last night, I don't think LSU beats Tennessee as Reese was held in check most of the game.
SC played LSU twice the year before Kim got there. The margin of victory was 4 and 7 points to a below average LSU team. So that LSU team, the one Kim inherited played well against SC under Fargas as well. For some reason they matched up well against SC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom