LSU Tenn thoughts | The Boneyard

LSU Tenn thoughts

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well LSU has played alot of teams in the top 200 and tonight played Tenn at home. Watching and listening you wouldve thought it was a big game. LSU who has play not one top team beat Tenn who is not a top 30 team at home. LSU is ranked number 2 in the AP poll and my question is who are the pollsters watching. LSU is 21-0 playing nobody. Where would some of the other top 10 teams be play LSUs schedule. UConn has 2 losses and has the top schedule in the nation and UCOnn has a NPOY sitting on the bench as well as Azzi Fudd the HS NPOY and ICE Brady one of the top 5 HS players in the country plus numerous injures to their team. Please pollsters lets be fair. Charlie Chreme I love yah but lets take a look here. UCOnn is basically playing alot of non starters and look how they just keep winning. LSU has played nobody worth ranking, now look at everybody else. I have been watching WCBB for a long time and I see things that you dont . BTW on Sunday UConn plays number 1 SC. UConn has 5-6 players who are playing unless someone comes off injured reserve and if they do they wont be up to speed. Take a look and see if it changes your mind. I read where Charlie Chreme said if Azzi is healthy then UConn is a top 4 team. Well Sunday will show how good UConn is without her and Caroline and Ice.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is ranked 29th as of today's poll. That is the highest ranked team LSU has played this season. They will only play ONE top 20 team the whole season. Meanwhile, UCONN has the #1 strength of schedule in the nation.

Reaction Score
Kim's non-conference schedule at LSU is similar to the ones she used to have at Baylor. Weak. It doesn't seem to hurt her teams in the polls but it may come back to bite them in March.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn won by 17 at the team in Orange while LSU won by 8 at home. UConn only played 7 players with the 2 coming off of the bench playing 11 minute with 0 points. While LSU played 8 with all players scoring. LSU had 23 of 31 free throws, if wasn't for the reffing LSU would have most likely lost. I think LSU will have major problems against SC and will not make it past the Sweet 16, if they get that far.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
I watched, Tenn and LSU, and not impressed by LSU. Every time Tenn came within a point or two, they turned the ball over, the foul calls were lopsided. I think LSU made 23 FT and Tenn made 6. PF, Tenn 22 LSU 14. A ragged game.South Carolina should beat LSU by at least 20.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
UConn won by 17 at the team in Orange while LSU won by 8 at home. UConn only played 7 players with the 2 coming off of the bench playing 11 minute with 0 points. While LSU played 8 with all players scoring. LSU had 23 of 31 free throws, if wasn't for the reffing LSU would have most likely lost. I think LSU will have major problems against SC and will not make it past the Sweet 16, if they get that far.
My opinion is the same. I just type slower than you do.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Some of the predictions about what SC will do to LSU can also be made about what SC will do to UConn. Too much defense and height. LSU imo, won't go far in the post season tourney.

Reaction Score
Well LSU has played alot of teams in the top 200 and tonight played Tenn at home. Watching and listening you wouldve thought it was a big game. LSU who has play not one top team beat Tenn who is not a top 30 team at home. LSU is ranked number 2 in the AP poll and my question is who are the pollsters watching. LSU is 21-0 playing nobody. Where would some of the other top 10 teams be play LSUs schedule. UConn has 2 losses and has the top schedule in the nation and UCOnn has a NPOY sitting on the bench as well as Azzi Fudd the HS NPOY and ICE Brady one of the top 5 HS players in the country plus numerous injures to their team. Please pollsters lets be fair. Charlie Chreme I love yah but lets take a look here. UCOnn is basically playing alot of non starters and look how they just keep winning. LSU has played nobody worth ranking, now look at everybody else. I have been watching WCBB for a long time and I see things that you dont . BTW on Sunday UConn plays number 1 SC. UConn has 5-6 players who are playing unless someone comes off injured reserve and if they do they wont be up to speed. Take a look and see if it changes your mind. I read where Charlie Chreme said if Azzi is healthy then UConn is a top 4 team. Well Sunday will show how good UConn is without her and Caroline and Ice.
I don’t agree that UConn is playing a lot of non starters. I think every one of our current starters would start for the vast majority of teams in the country. Sure, if we had Azzi and Paige available 2 of our current starters would be on the bench. But my point is that we have a really good starting five in place now.

As a transplanted UConn fan who also supports UVA, I’d trade the entire UVA team for UConn’s current starters.

Reaction Score
Stanford beat Tennessee by 7 at home and LSU beat Tennessee by 8 at home.
UConn beat Villanova by 5 at home and Tennessee by 17 away.
That info and $1 would buy me a cup of coffee.
can you really get a cup of coffee for $1? I don't drink the filthy stuff, but I'm curious... :)

Reaction Score
I was disappointed by the "show boating" of several of the LSU players. One got T'd up, but the others continued their unnecessary acts. There is no place for it... you make a play, high 5 your team mates, but dont put on a floor show.

I too was unimpressed with LSU. They could have easily lost this game. I dont expect to see them at Final 4... maybe not E8 either

Reaction Score
I find it very hard to assess how good LSU is. Would love to see them play teams like Indiana, Iowa, Stanford, ND, etc. They certainly have some pretty good players (Reese may be a showboat, but she is very talented, the freshman Flo’jay is good, Morris can be good when she’s engaged). I’d say they’re maybe a legit 10-15 ranked team. The SC game will tell us more…

Reaction Score
I was disappointed by the "show boating" of several of the LSU players. One got T'd up, but the others continued their unnecessary acts. There is no place for it... you make a play, high 5 your team mates, but dont put on a floor show.

I too was unimpressed with LSU. They could have easily lost this game. I dont expect to see them at Final 4... maybe not E8 either
I thought the “show” that Angel put on after her breakaway basket was just obnoxious! Should have been T’d up.

Reaction Score
I’m with @Monte. LSU shored up their record a bit with this win. They don’t deserve a top-10 ranking. But they may well earn a #2 or #3 seed. If they end the regular season 27-1, which looks likely now, the committee will be stuck rewarding them. Their seeding will be unearned, but that doesn’t mean they’ll be an easy upset either.

Don’t worry, I get that their previous record is pretty bogus, and the team culture appears to be reprehensible. The taunting, the showboating, all of it is indicative of a failure to build a team. I wish I could watch the Georgia game live — that’s an opponent they deserve. In fact, I hope they meet them in both tournaments, too. Or FSU — that’s another opponent that suits them.

Reaction Score
Was trying hard to pull for TN in this game but they made it very hard with bad offense, way too much one on one and hero ball which resulted in turnovers. LSU was not very impressive to me and while Reese is a great rebounder, she can be contained on offense. In my opinion, Edwards is way more skilled than Reese. I can see LSU losing in the second round of the NCAA...

Reaction Score
One thing I noticed in this game was several moments when Reese was in Flaujae’s face. Was it friendly or encouraging? Or was it scolding? It’s hard to tell, but watching it I wondered if Flaujae might not be a transfer candidate. She gets plenty of minutes, but she may not like playing second fiddle to Reese and Morris.

Reaction Score
Interesting to read the exchange between TonyC and JordyG on VolNation, of all places. Both think Tennessee would beat LSU if the game was played in Knoxville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom