LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The posts are gonna have to carry the team because Nikki recruited kids who literally cannot shoot to save their lives.

Its pretty obvious they are trying to play super fast. Stark contrast from Nikki who's offense was as slow as my grandma on a highway. Its incredibly messy but I am not shocked.

They were the worst offense in the SEC by far last year.
I may have to back track. Gusters actually look more advanced than Aifuwa. Just gotta get in shape

Reaction Score
I'm not one for giving hot takes but it looks like Kim is going to have her work cut for her on the offense end of the court.

Reaction Score
Which is why losing Moon was a massive blow.

On a positive they are shooting free throws well. Kim wants to pull her hair out but is trying not to lose it lol

Pointer has missed some bunnies but not concerned at all with her.

I think they are playing way too fast at times but they are just straight up missing bunnies near the rim.
I'd like to see more of what Ware can do as well. She brings a lot of what Moon can bring. Just not the experience.

Pointer and Cherry isn't a matching combo.

Reaction Score
I'm not one for giving hot takes but it looks like Kim is going to have her work cut for her on the offense end of the court.
I am pretty sure everyone with a pulse knew this going into this year. We were trash offensively last year.

I think some things will improve with more time. They arent used to playing fast but I think they are gonna be limited in general.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They are playing way too fast. They are too uncomfortable with making good decisions this quick.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Our players are definitely not use to this offense lol. But. That's a good thing.

Reaction Score
Cherry has been trying to force it too much. I see Kim want Pointer to play more of that traditional point guard more. But she may have to let her loose more

Reaction Score
I think its painfully obvious that the goal is for LSU to learn to play much faster but they clearly are not comfortable doing it. This is polar opposite of what we have done offensively the last 3-4 years. They are gonna have to dial this back a lot.... at least until they are more comfortable.

The international girls (Shematsi and Trasi) could not possibly play any worse.

Gusters and Pointer are legit. Its no coincidence that the only two kids making plays on the floor were nationally recruited kids.

It all makes sense now why the scheduling is so poor (even by Kim's standard). Load up on the transfer portal this offseason.

This looks like the product though of a not very talented team adjusting to a vastly different system though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Payne needs to play more.

I have many complaints but lack of effort is not one. The kids look like they are truly trying their best

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really like Newby. She definitely should start.

The SG and wing are our weakness. Unfortunately. We have no one to plug in. If Cherry can get going. Then we'd be okay. I really think it's first game jitters with her.

Reaction Score
I really like Newby. She definitely should start.

The SG and wing are our weakness. Unfortunately. We have no one to plug in. If Cherry can get going. Then we'd be okay. I really think it's first game jitters with her.
Gusters actually may be the starter. She needs to get in better shape but the talent difference vs Aifuwa stands out already.

As of today Pointer, Newby and Gusters look like the obvious choices in the lineup. Cherry and Payne can alternate at off guard. The wing is a gigantic black hole so far. I was expecting Shematsi or Trasi to step up but its been rough.

I know Kim doesnt play freshmen a lot but we need to see Bartlett and Ware some.

Reaction Score
Gusters actually may be the starter. She needs to get in better shape but the talent difference vs Aifuwa stands out already.

As of today Pointer, Newby and Gusters look like the obvious choices in the lineup.
I agree 100%. I'd even start Payne for more spacing. Cherry can come off the bench. It's just her and Pointer are not compatible in an offense for Mulkey.

Reaction Score
At halftime.
LSU with 16 turnovers.
Langston with 20 turnovers.
Eeek !!
Massey has Langston ranked 880.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LSU is a horrible shooting team but some of this has to be first game jitters. Too many uncharacteristic misses by some kids. Although they look gassed somewhat. Not sure they are used to running this much.

Cherry looks like she is settling down now.

Reaction Score
They just looks exhausted at this point, sloppy shooting form all over.

Reaction Score
I am starting to question if shematsi or Trasi practiced at all this offseason, what the hell are these shots?

Reaction Score
I am starting to question if shematsi or Trasi practiced at all this offseason, what the hell are these shots?
They are just not it for me. I think Petty could definitely have more minutes. I’m okay with Ware mistakes. We kinda gonna need her to grow. Especially with only Payne being the only guard next up

Reaction Score
They are just not it for me. I think Petty could definitely have more minutes. I’m okay with Ware mistakes. We kinda gonna need her to grow. Especially with only Payne being the only guard next up
Payne and Petty have like zero experience. Can live with young kids playing hard but make mistakes.

Shematsi and Trasi bricking and airmailing wide open shots despite being seniors is ridiculous at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom