LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ware gonna get some minutes. I have seen enough to be convinced already.

Reaction Score
LSU looks dramatically better with this 2nd group with ball movement. They are slowing it down and there are less dumb passes.

Reaction Score
Ware is giving me Danielle Ballard vibes, just super crafty and everything is so effortless.

Kim is gonna have no choice but to give her minutes.

Reaction Score
Ware is gonna be really really good. She looks better than all our guards not named pointer.

Very very very disappointing shooting performance by many of the returning upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
I just hope. People. Who haven’t seen the game don’t overreact. I still think we will over achieve. But. We have a lot of work to do and weak spots. Kim did right not putting a lot on this team

Reaction Score
Ware is gonna be really really good. She looks better than all our guards not named pointer.

Very very very disappointing shooting performance by many of the returning upperclassmen.
Her upside is higher than Pointers. She have a whole 4 years to reach it too. Pointer is definitely All sec material even under Kim

Reaction Score
Ignoring my in game over reactions, here are my thoughts:

-Way too many turnovers (24) but they did cut that down significantly in the 2nd half. I think a gigantic part of this is the team is playing way too fast at times. They are trying to play at a much quicker pace than they did under Nikki. It makes sense that it was very sloppy at times. I think once a core group is set and as they get more experience, they can change that number a lot.

-Its clear to me that these kids are giving it 100%. God bless some of the current players but they just simply arent very talented but they try hard. Kim was saying to not get mad at the players, take the anger out on her in multiple of her pressers this fall, I see why. Some of these players simply cannot shoot at all (which we knew). I think that is a big reason Kim is experimenting with larger lineups. Posts will need to carry the load often.

-Gusters looked more comfortable in general than she did at Baylor. Of course this is Langston but she was assertive and you can see the talent a lot. Has to get in better shape. I may have been wrong weeks ago, Gusters looks more ready than Aifuwa right now although both will play a lot

-Newby is a terrific rebounder. Her and Gusters are the best post combo in my opinion.

-T. Ware honestly was the highlight of the game for me. She got 15 points playing about a quarter on 7-10 shooting. She did not play 100 mph like some of her counter parts. She focused on simple passes instead of fancy passes. Even better, she was extremely efficient shooting. Kim doesnt like to play freshmen a lot but I dont know how you can keep her out the lineup moving forward if she continues to progress.

-Trasi was horrific early but I will say she played much much better towards the end. I have no clue what the heck Shematsi was doing but that is a good way to stay on the bench.

This team is what it is. Very limited talent wise and will have to simply win most their games this year by outworking teams until Kim can rebuild this roster from a talent perspective. I believe Kim will improve them a lot as the year goes but I am still excited about what is to come.

Reaction Score
Last observation is Kim's wardrobe is a better fit at LSU than Baylor. It just makes sense now...

FC-D_IlVIAEZ5T1

Reaction Score
Ignoring my in game over reactions, here are my thoughts:

-Way too many turnovers (24) but they did cut that down significantly in the 2nd half. I think a gigantic part of this is the team is playing way too fast at times. They are trying to play at a much quicker pace than they did under Nikki. It makes sense that it was very sloppy at times. I think once a core group is set and as they get more experience, they can change that number a lot.

-Its clear to me that these kids are giving it 100%. God bless some of the current players but they just simply arent very talented but they try hard. Kim was saying to not get mad at the players, take the anger out on her in multiple of her pressers this fall, I see why. Some of these players simply cannot shoot at all (which we knew). I think that is a big reason Kim is experimenting with larger lineups. Posts will need to carry the load often.

-Gusters looked more comfortable in general than she did at Baylor. Of course this is Langston but she was assertive and you can see the talent a lot. Has to get in better shape. I may have been wrong weeks ago, Gusters looks more ready than Aifuwa right now although both will play a lot

-Newby is a terrific rebounder. Her and Gusters are the best post combo in my opinion.

-T. Ware honestly was the highlight of the game for me. She got 15 points playing about a quarter on 7-10 shooting. She did not play 100 mph like some of her counter parts. She focused on simple passes instead of fancy passes. Even better, she was extremely efficient shooting. Kim doesnt like to play freshmen a lot but I dont know how you can keep her out the lineup moving forward if she continues to progress.

-Trasi was horrific early but I will say she played much much better towards the end. I have no clue what the heck Shematsi was doing but that is a good way to stay on the bench.

This team is what it is. Very limited talent wise and will have to simply win most their games this year by outworking teams until Kim can rebuild this roster from a talent perspective. I believe Kim will improve them a lot as the year goes but I am still excited about what is to come.
I gotta eat my words from yesterday. Gusters starts over Faust for me. And I can see her being a top center. In time. She give that typical Mulkey big presence. Like Kalani brown. Just need to be in shape.
I want to see what more Newby can bring. Kinda reminds me of Ayana. Wasted her development at Vanderbilt.

Ware was definitely one of my favorites to watch.

I was a bit hard of Cherry starting. But I can really see her impacting if she can hit that 3 ball or midrange . She does everything else well.

Reaction Score
I was a bit hard of Cherry starting. But I can really see her impacting if she can hit that 3 ball or midrange . She does everything else well.
Cherry actually did fine outside of the 3 ball. Not sure how hard they truly are gonna push this though. I know Kim and the players are working hard on this but I mean it just hasn't clicked at all for her at all. It would be nice for Shematsi or Trasi to give us a 3 point presence but today made me feel much worse about that.

Payne, her defense is great but that offense is a killer....

I am praying someone steps up as the season goes and starts to knock down outside shots.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I gotta say the game wasn’t that bad and as far as exhibition games for a new coach and a new system. There was about a 10-15 span from the end of the first quarter till halftime that was a little rough but the second half was a snapshot of what this team can work towards. Lots of different rotations on the floor but some standouts for me were Gusters, Newby and Ware. I was a little surprised by Gusters in the first half but to be fair she knows Mulkey’s system so it may have been easier for her in her second year where Awifu is still learning the ropes. Lots and I mean lots of missed layups but they still put up over 100. Newby played that way at Vandy so it’s not to big of a surprise with her rebounding. She may start soon or get starter minutes. If she can learn to finish consistently around the basket watch out. Ware was fantastic. I dont know if it was freshman luck or not but she was the second best guard tonight behind Pointer. If Payne and Cherry can hit consistently from outside and Gusters/Afiwu/Newby can hold down the post this will be a good first season in Baton Rouge.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have to say, I really enjoyed reading this thread. When, if ever have we seen @SECbbfan24 or @Dwilliams02 this animated AND happy at the same time? And to thInk, we all know this is a major rebuilding year for LSU. My snark side thinks, “so, does the LSU Athletic Department now realize how poor a coach Nikki really was? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
My snark side thinks, “so, does the LSU Athletic Department now realize how poor a coach Nikki really was? :rolleyes:
The former AD (Joe Alleva) was awful. He literally did not care and kept extending her despite what was happening, thankfully he is gone and we have a new direction for the WBB program.

Reaction Score
The former AD (Joe Alleva) was awful. He literally did not care and kept extending her despite what was happening, thankfully he is gone and we have a new direction for the WBB program.
New AD better homerun this football hire too lol. Good day to be a LSU fan though.

Reaction Score
Random thought. I really wish Tiara Young would have stayed.

Today I feel much better. I think the next Exhibition and the first season game will look more clean and clear.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Random thought. I really wish Tiara Young would have stayed.

Today I feel much better. I think the next Exhibition and the first season game will look more clean and clear.

you should! as an outside observer I was pleasantly surprised especially the second half. This was the first game for a basically new team with new system and a coach that couldn't be any different than Fargas. Give them time to gel and the Tigers will be just fine IMO.

one side note:

It was maddening watching the game on the SEC+ network and how they kept showing the replays on offense immediately after the play. It caused the viewer to miss so many defensive stops. There were times they were showing the replay and LSU stole the ball and scored and it was missed. That was very frustrating.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Did Alexis Morris play, or was she held out awaiting word on her waiver request?

I would assume there aren't as many waiver requests across the nation like there were one year ago since the new one-time transfer rule went into effect this past summer. So, the NCAA taking its sweet time with the season almost set to get underway is just ridiculous. I haven't seen anything out there on social media from anyone celebrating that they have received a waiver to play this season (men or women); perhaps I missed them.

Reaction Score
Did Alexis Morris play, or was she held out awaiting word on her waiver request?

I would assume there aren't as many waiver requests across the nation like there were one year ago since the new one-time transfer rule went into effect this past summer. So, the NCAA taking its sweet time with the season almost set to get underway is just ridiculous. I haven't seen anything out there on social media from anyone celebrating that they have received a waiver to play this season (men or women); perhaps I missed them.
Still waiting on the waiver. You may be right though. Reflecting what you said before. I actually thought she would play. But we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom