Louisville supposedly one vote short | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville supposedly one vote short

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In all reality, I can't even think it's remotely feasible UConn finds the votes. FSU, Miami are an absolute no and we suspect Va Tech, GT and Clemson are likely "no" and possibly NCST. UConn to the ACC is ridiculous and the Wilner guy is a $&@%###!!

Mark B. is literally claiming that he was told after the vote that Ville needed one more school. Then he speculates that Louisville only has 3 schools against it right now, but that prior to that, it had four schools against, and that one school switched in favor of UL.

Reaction Score
I am starting to get pretty pessimistic. I agree that Blauds is not guessing. He is going off of what he was told by someone that has knowledge of the situation. If this was the other way around we would all be going nuts right now because we were only one vote away. The key now is how strong the 3 hold-outs are if this is all true.

Reaction Score
blaudschun isnt mhver, he's not guessing. upstater's right, he's got sources, the question is how right they are.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
In all reality, I can't even think it's remotely feasible UConn finds the votes. FSU, Miami are an absolute no and we suspect Va Tech, GT and Clemson are likely "no" and possibly NCST. UConn to the ACC is ridiculous and the Wilner guy is a $&@%###!!

VT is almost certainly one of the schools against UL. They HATE the cardinals, dating back to the days of the metro athletic conference. There's a reason they never play each other OOC. They will fight for UConn or Cincy.

Miami is a definite no. Clemson and Florida State, most likely barring a compromise. I still think UConn can get in a multi-team expansion, but there's no way we are getting in alone.

Reaction Score
This is the best source of information that has been posted so far and its terrible news for Uconn. At least Blaudshun was a reporter for 30+ years and has sources inside athletic departments of ACC schools. Piss on it if you'd like, but this is the first time I've actually been concerned that the ACC would take a commuter school like Louisville or Cincy over Uconn.

How many state schools play FBS football and are not part of one of the superconferences? UConn, UMass, Nevada and New MExico I think. Who does not belong?

Reaction Score
According the guys over on the WVU board (take it for what it is worth) we are 3 votes short

Reaction Score
This is the best source of information that has been posted so far and its terrible news for Uconn. At least Blaudshun was a reporter for 30+ years and has sources inside athletic departments of ACC schools. Piss on it if you'd like, but this is the first time I've actually been concerned that the ACC would take a commuter school like Louisville or Cincy over Uconn.

How many state schools play FBS football and are not part of one of the superconferences? UConn, UMass, Nevada and New MExico I think. Who does not belong?
That's not entirely true. Remember the reporter in CA who tweeted last week that we'd be in the ACC by last Tuesday and was confident about it? Not saying Blaudschun is wrong, but it's not the most definitive piece of info yet.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
According the guys over on the WVU board (take it for what it is worth) we are 3 votes short

I am pessimistic as anyone, but that means nothing. Many WVU fans are realignment trolls.

Reaction Score

this guy threw out 22 names for BC's AD and was wrong every time.

Reaction Score
I agree that the WVU guys are crazy. It just seems to me that we are latching onto things like what was not said in a press conference while all around us there are more and more indications that we are going to lose out to UL.

Reaction Score
There's also a WVU poster claiming Miami, FSU, and Clemson are against us, with BC supporting us, supposedly putting us one vote short as well. No reason to believe any of that is true.

Reaction Score
blaudschun isnt mhver, he's not guessing. upstater's right, he's got sources, the question is how right they are.

I'll say it again. There is no one more likely to have sources on what is "really" happening than ESPN.

Don't you think someone at ESPN could just pick up the phone and get any of this stuff confirmed? Wouldn't they want people refreshing their website or turning on ESPN for the latest?

Until you see an ESPN ticker or tweet on this madness I'd disregard the rest.

Reaction Score
Wait, it's not over yet!

@RPDALY76: So all signs are pointing to UConn to ACC after hearing UL is one vote short. Cincy begging like a dog for ACC.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Wait, it's not over yet!

@RPDALY76: So all signs are pointing to UConn to ACC after hearing UL is one vote short. Cincy begging like a dog for ACC.

Nice try. That comes from a South Florida fan that has zero understanding of the situation.

Reaction Score
Nice try. That comes from a South Florida fan that has zero understanding of the situation.

Thank You. I am making the mistake of visiting some of the twitter profiles being posted on here offering "news". Most our fans who look like they live in mom's basement. It's insanity they are being posted on here as if they are offering anything other than opinion or speculation.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you haven't been panicking, you haven't been paying attention for the past year or so.

Reaction Score
Something does not add up:
1. Quiet confidence coming from uconn's executive team the last few weeks
2. Aresco ignores us in his press conference today (but not lou) suggesting that he knows we are gone
3. Herbst's statement today about student athletes (translation: we will participate in this national conference clusterf$&k over my dead body)
4. All current, credible information suggesting Lou is winning in a two horse race

Did herbst decide to fire the big east without having a landing spot?

Have we got assurances that we are in the acc either as a partial or full member - and the voting is about which option is available to us?

Really, the only two scenarios that I can see resolving these contradictions. I have a sneaking suspicion we are going to the acc as a partial member, and if that happens I will fire bomb the campus of every "football school" that voted against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom